Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    My facebook is blowing up from that Indiana thing too...I mean, I live -in- Indiana, but nowhere near that city, so it's like...don't give them more publicity guys. -_-

South Bend news said they shut their doors already. Not sure how they didn't see that coming?

Tonight's confession: my dinner is a sandwich made on pancakes. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more often, except it takes a huge chunk of my calories for the day.

I NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS STAT

cream cheese pancakes, to be exact. Ratio is 2 oz cream cheese, 2 large eggs, and if you want them sweet, 1 packet stevia, dash of vanilla, pinch of cinnamon (or whatever flavor/spices you want). You can also go savory and just add a pinch of salt. Throw in a blender or food processor and hit it til the chunks are all gone, let the mix sit for 5 minutes so the bubbles rise, then make like regular pancakes, med heat, flip when the first side has a few bubbles.

There was a post on reddit using them to make monte cristos in place of french toast. I'm sure you could use regular pancakes, too. A lot of people use them to make ketofied McGriddles, too.

I've made pancakes like this. Great for anyone who is doing gluten free (my son has to). They were delicious. I'll never go back to flour pancakes again.
    Also good with banana in place of cream cheese.

• denielle715
    Options
    Confession:

I think I may have shin splints. But it's killing me to think I need to take a rest from C25K. Once I set my mind on something, I dont want to stop. I don't want to feel like a failure.
    But at the same time, I don't want to cause further damage or pain.
    What to do?!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: I took two whole days off from working out. I usually get an hour or two of exercise a day, so I am feeling really guilty about this...but I've been sick and really needed to try to get better.

The surprise is that I got on the scale today and LOST weight. I'm at my lowest weight this year and am close to hitting the 90-pound total weight-loss mark. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Here's the Skinny Taste Tzatziki recipe:

skinnytaste.com/2010/08/skinny-tzatziki.html
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

I don't have the MFP app and I'm thinking I should probably keep it that way.

I'm scared to leave it unread for too long. Really glad I was in here at the beginning and have kept up with it, I'd hate to read almost 300 pgs at this point.

I will be posting a pale twiggy arm pic at some point this weekend, you wouldn't want to miss that epic event, would you? :p
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

Last weekend was the first time I'd ever come into the forums on here on my days off. I figured if I was caught up, I would be more productive on Monday (it didn't really work).

I installed the app, with the intention of not using my work computer for MFP as much, since they can track it. I decided to use my work computer for today, then decided I needed to close it to get some work done. Less than 5 minutes later I had my phone in my hand and was on the app.

I think I have a problem.

That was my (errant) thought process exactly!
  • agorski82
    agorski82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive been over eating to compensate, for quitting smoking

I am doing that right now!!!!!!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I think I may have shin splints. But it's killing me to think I need to take a rest from C25K. Once I set my mind on something, I dont want to stop. I don't want to feel like a failure.
    What to do?!

Definitely take a break! I guarantee you will hurt yourself worse if you keep going (I know this from experience).

Take a couple days off and do something high stretching, low impact. You aren't a failure!

• agorski82
    agorski82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to quit smoking so I am over eating. I just smashed an entire bad of black pepper skinny pop. All of it. The big bag.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm scared to leave it unread for too long. Really glad I was in here at the beginning and have kept up with it, I'd hate to read almost 300 pgs at this point.

I will be posting a pale twiggy arm pic at some point this weekend, you wouldn't want to miss that epic event, would you? :p

It makes me giggle when people start at the beginning and reply to posts that happened ages ago. At what point do they realize "oh fudge, there's thousands of these"? I'm happy for all the late comers who joined in :) it's fun to see the conversation morph.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    losingles wrote: »
    I also do not have any idea what Minecraft is, I have never played CandyCrush or any of those other games, I am paranoid about putting apps on my phone, and I do not have a Facebook page. Joining MFP was a big deal for me. I am a technological dinosaur.

Minecraft is originally a computer game, now they have it for consoles, and a stripped down version for mobile. The computer version can be modded to do just about anything. It's a giant sandbox where you can go wherever you want, do whatever you want, build whatever you want. My son and his friends all play on servers that have minigames built on them. All of us, along with other family and friends around the world, sometimes play together on a server set up with huge modpack. That lets the ones who like to do crafting focus on growing and cooking all different kinds of food and building different things, the ones who like elaborate builds can make giant computers that build things for them and power them with manually built and maintained nuclear reactors, and the ones who just like to build giant, neat looking houses have tons of options to build with.

This was done in Minecraft:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qja096wW-bw
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession:

What to do?!

Definitely take a break! I guarantee you will hurt yourself worse if you keep going (I know this from experience).

Take a couple days off and do something high stretching, low impact. You aren't a failure!

webmd.com/fitness-exercise/shin-splints
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I took two whole days off from working out. I usually get an hour or two of exercise a day, so I am feeling really guilty about this...but I've been sick and really needed to try to get better.

The surprise is that I got on the scale today and LOST weight. I'm at my lowest weight this year and am close to hitting the 90-pound total weight-loss mark. :)

Awesome
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am really getting excited about this trip to Mordor now. I was thinking we have to set some parameters.... does running count or just walking? Does someone win if they get there first like the king of the mountain badge in Strava? Or stage jerseys like the Tour de France? Or whomever has the fastest average time? Do we track using an app like runtastic?

Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

*edited for screwing up the quoting on my phone.

Suggestion for tracking. It's not an app that syncs to anything, but you can screencap it and post your screenshot showing what you've done. I think for 2 reasons - a lot of people already have a tracker they use, and switching or adding a 2nd integrating one could screw up what they already do, and also, it auto-donates to charity for your miles in real time: http://www.charitymiles.org/
  • denielle715
    Options
    Confession:

What to do?!

I'm going to take a break. It just kills me that I just started it (tomorrow would be day 3 of week 1) and now I have to take a break.
    Thanks
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    No confession (yet) but I just wanted to say HI to the group of confessors! :smile:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

Meh, his vote doesn't count obviously. I mean, the guy thought there was fun in a circus act to begin with.

• Talkradio
    Options
    Confession:

What to do?!

I'm going to take a break. It just kills me that I just started it (tomorrow would be day 3 of week 1) and now I have to take a break.
    Thanks

I understand. I epically bombed out of c25k a few years ago because I kept progressing when I wasn't ready and blew out my bad knee. Better to go slowly and finish it eventually then damaging yourself.

I got shin splints because my shoes weren't right for me. Maybe going to a reputable running store an assessment will help alleviate the problem.
  • Talkradio
    Options

My husband is like you :) he can make buying a car or planning a vacation seem like drudgery. He just gets so excited and all consumed in the planning. But I'm a pretty typical ENFP, so I just want all the fun and none of the grunt work.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession:

What to do?!

Thanks

I understand. I epically bombed out of c25k a few years ago because I kept progressing when I wasn't ready and blew out my bad knee. Better to go slowly and finish it eventually then damaging yourself.

I got shin splints because my shoes weren't right for me. Maybe going to a reputable running store an assessment will help alleviate the problem.

I found out my mum started c25k a couple of weeks ago. Can't be out done by my own mother, so I did my first day yesterday.