Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I can't listen to music when I"m running at all. It's kind of like a meditation for me, my mind goes blank, the rhythmic beat of my feet on the ground, my breathing syncing up, my arms bent, wrists gliding from chin to waist. The other day I'm running by some guy who isn't using headphones at all, he's listening to the soundtrack to Rocky III, I could only imagine that the score from Les Mis was next, so I'm staring at him cockeyed as we ran past each other unsure if I should scream YO ADRIENNNE!!! or not.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one...

One of my guilty pleasures is running to the likes of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Meghan Trainor.

I put Pandora on shuffle and it will literally go from hardcore gangsta rap, to death metal, to Taylor Swift.

I don't use headphones on my runs. I just let play an all song shuffle out of the speakers. I ran by a dude the other day whilst huffing and puffing to the opening notes of Eye of the Tiger. He looked at me a bit cockeyed. The other day I came to a corner at the same time as another runner and was a bit mortified when "Master of the House" from the Broadway Les Miserables soundtrack started blaring out.

I haven't been running to music lately because I've been running with my husband and we usually just chat the whole time. Both of those songs are on my playlist, too...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Scared ofs:

I have always been afraid of Zombies as far back as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is being at a drive in movie theater that had a zombie triple feature

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead

And some point during one of the movies, people in costume came out from under the drive in screen dressed as zombies and started banging on cars, I was like 6 or 7 at the time. I had some serious issues for a long time after that. I couldn't sleep under windows, I was always and still do look for escape routes, I have recurring nightmares about zombies, usually in the same place, but there's 1 thing different, like one time I had sand in my eye so I couldn't see where I was running.

In 2004 when they rebooted Dawn of the Dead, I went with a buddy to see it, I frequently closed my eyes, or plugged my ears as inconspicuously as I could. When I got to my 3rd floor apartment, I shut all the doors inside, locked everything, locked the windows, locked myself in my room and watched Disney channel until I fell asleep.

man, you all have gotten 2 great memories out of me today, not sure how much more I can give.

Oh, man, that would be terrifying! Assuming you were with your parents (or other adults), but I'm guessing they had no idea how scary that would be for you. Wow, I would be forever terrified of zombies too, if that happened to me.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Scared ofs:

I have always been afraid of Zombies as far back as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is being at a drive in movie theater that had a zombie triple feature

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead

And some point during one of the movies, people in costume came out from under the drive in screen dressed as zombies and started banging on cars, I was like 6 or 7 at the time. I had some serious issues for a long time after that. I couldn't sleep under windows, I was always and still do look for escape routes, I have recurring nightmares about zombies, usually in the same place, but there's 1 thing different, like one time I had sand in my eye so I couldn't see where I was running.

In 2004 when they rebooted Dawn of the Dead, I went with a buddy to see it, I frequently closed my eyes, or plugged my ears as inconspicuously as I could. When I got to my 3rd floor apartment, I shut all the doors inside, locked everything, locked the windows, locked myself in my room and watched Disney channel until I fell asleep.

man, you all have gotten 2 great memories out of me today, not sure how much more I can give.

Oh, man, that would be terrifying! Assuming you were with your parents (or other adults), but I'm guessing they had no idea how scary that would be for you. Wow, I would be forever terrified of zombies too, if that happened to me.

When I was about 5/6 the same thing happened to me but on Halloween at a house I was going to trick-or-treat at. These guys had dressed up like werewolves and started coming out of the bushes in the front of their house and one guy was dressed like a werewolf holding a bowl of candy very very still until you went to reach for a piece, then he'd jump. Teenagers - 1, chubby little kid in a clown costume - 0.

This happened to me as a kid, but the dude was dressed up as a gorilla. He was slouched in a chair, so it looked like a dummy, and he jumped out as we went by. I was about 4, it's one of my earliest memories lol.

I am ridiculously hungry today. I brought the same amount of food I always do. Ate my morning snack at 9:00, ate my afternoon snack at 10:00, ate some pretzels from my lunch at 11:30. I was eating my 5 oz of chicken, cup of broccoli & the rest of the pretzels during lunch, contemplating ordering a pizza at 2pm, when in walks a guy (my hero) with a tray of sandwiches. I took one with 3-4 oz of roast beef stacked high on a bun with cucumber & lettuce and ate that at 12:30.

I swear, my whole face lit up when I saw that tray. I stared at that roast beef sandwich more lovingly than I have ever looked at another human being.

Oh, and I'M STILL HUNGRY.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one...

One of my guilty pleasures is running to the likes of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Meghan Trainor.

I put Pandora on shuffle and it will literally go from hardcore gangsta rap, to death metal, to Taylor Swift.

Katy, Taylor and Meghan are some of my favorites to run to... along with Metallica but I'm old (not really old, but too old for Taylor) so that's what makes it kind of embarassing for me
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit iffy on clowns, but what really freak me out are sock monkeys. Those bright red mouths--WHY?

I am terrified of sock monkeys too. My older sister had one when we were growing up. I wouldn't go in her room. When we lived outside of Rockford IL (the sock monkey capitol of the world, who knew huh?) I would avoid one road that would take me by a huge sock money statue.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: Yesterday I was talking to someone who is a friend of a friend of an acquaintance of mine. This person had heard that I am a dancer, and as the conversation continued, I realized that he was very confused. We were speaking Spanish, so maybe the subtle implications weren't immediately clear to me.

Somehow he had the idea that I am a stripper. I had to explain that I do salsa, with all of my clothes on. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt during this conversation, nothing even remotely slutty.

I'm almost 40 and still weigh significantly over 200 pounds. Please tell me that there are not actually strippers like this! I would not ever even wear a bikini, much less...well, you know.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Confession: Yesterday I was talking to someone who is a friend of a friend of an acquaintance of mine. This person had heard that I am a dancer, and as the conversation continued, I realized that he was very confused. We were speaking Spanish, so maybe the subtle implications weren't immediately clear to me.

Somehow he had the idea that I am a stripper. I had to explain that I do salsa, with all of my clothes on. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt during this conversation, nothing even remotely slutty.

I'm almost 40 and still weigh significantly over 200 pounds. Please tell me that there are not actually strippers like this! I would not ever even wear a bikini, much less...well, you know.

You've never heard of Avalanche then?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

You've never heard of Avalanche then?

Noooo...do I want to know what that is?

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Those are the only kind of strippers I order!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me, people get upset over religious values of corporations, but they don't care about how they treat the animals we're eating or what kind of chemicals our food is injected with.

The thing in this world that puzzles me the most, why do we put real lemons in bleach, but lemon flavoring in our food.

I'm glad so many people think Chick-Fil-A is bigot chicken, that means the line at the drive through isn't as long when I'm headed there. especially in the morning, their little breaded nuggets on buttered mini rolls. nom nom nom.

lol....yeah but the line in the drive thru is still wrapped all the way around the building everytime I go....which is a lot more often than I go any place else. LOVE LOVE me some chickfila!! Also love people that preach tolerance but have none. haha!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one...

Sounds like my playlist. Beyonce to Marilyn Mason with just a dash of 2Pac and Kelly Clarkson.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Those are the only kind of strippers I order!

One can ORDER strippers? I thought that they were up on stages in clubs.

See, I am not even the kind of person who knows how this stuff works!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    gopgirl425 wrote: »
    It's funny to me, people get upset over religious values of corporations, but they don't care about how they treat the animals we're eating or what kind of chemicals our food is injected with.

The thing in this world that puzzles me the most, why do we put real lemons in bleach, but lemon flavoring in our food.

I'm glad so many people think Chick-Fil-A is bigot chicken, that means the line at the drive through isn't as long when I'm headed there. especially in the morning, their little breaded nuggets on buttered mini rolls. nom nom nom.

lol....yeah but the line in the drive thru is still wrapped all the way around the building everytime I go....which is a lot more often than I go any place else. LOVE LOVE me some chickfila!! Also love people that preach tolerance but have none. haha!

There is a difference though. You should have tolerance for two consenting adults who want to get married. That dude that pays cash money to fund laws so those two consenting adults get the death penalty shouldn't be tolerated.

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    I'm a bit iffy on clowns, but what really freak me out are sock monkeys. Those bright red mouths--WHY?

I am terrified of sock monkeys too. My older sister had one when we were growing up. I wouldn't go in her room. When we lived outside of Rockford IL (the sock monkey capitol of the world, who knew huh?) I would avoid one road that would take me by a huge sock money statue.

Yikes!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have seen on this thread so many people cut calories so they can drink alcohol. I don't understand that much and I feel strange because I don't get the appeal to drink much or really at all.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

There is a difference though. You should have tolerance for two consenting adults who want to get married. That dude that pays cash money to fund laws so those two consenting adults get the death penalty shouldn't be tolerated.

We shouldn't go down this route so that the thread doesn't get modded, but yes, in general I agree that intolerance does not have to be tolerated, but I don't think the ChikFilA dude was trying to sponsor the death penalty.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Awhile ago I confessed to some co-workers that my weakness was dark chocolate caramel corn - you know, like Moose Munch or Harry & David. One bite and I'm snagging the bag from the break room to take home.

Anyway, there is a certain *ahem* large *ahem* woman that heard this, and now brings that crap in ALL THE TIME, and makes sure to stop by my office to tell me "there's popcorn in the break room..." I know she's doing this to sabotage me b/c she's said several times that "you don't need to lose weight" and "Why do you eat salad all the time, you're not fat" or "Live a little" (<--- that's the worst one. Makes me grind my teeth.)

She was the inspiration for my post (hundreds of pages back) where I bring in a dozen chocolate donuts and leave them in there anonymously, just to watch them disappear.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

We shouldn't go down this route so that the thread doesn't get modded, but yes, in general I agree that intolerance does not have to be tolerated, but I don't think the ChikFilA dude was trying to sponsor the death penalty.

He might not have been directly trying to achieve that, but he does donate to the Family Research Council through his Winshape corporate charity foundation which did donate to that legislation in Uganda.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

He might not have been directly trying to achieve that, but he does donate to the Family Research Council through his Winshape corporate charity foundation which did donate to that legislation in Uganda.

That...is true.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I'm ridiculously excited to learn this. I'm not sure if it makes me more or less likely to go to Rockford, but it will definitely be part of the consideration.