Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wanted the last bit of wine I had left that I was given for my birthday.
    I scanned the bottle into MFP then I poured all that was left into a measuring glass. I was 1/2 a cup so I googled how many ounces are in a 1/ 2 a cup. Apparently 4 so then because I'm terrible at math I googled how to make 4 ounces into a decimal so that I could correctly add the amount of calories I was taking in.

Afterwards I had a big wtf moment and couldn't believe I did all that to have a glass of wine.

I've also did this to figure out how many calories I'm getting by adding almond milk to my coffee.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thanasi140 wrote: »
    I once was only 10 pounds (maybe a little less) away from ending my 50 pound journey and I gained it all back and then some when my grandmother died. I'm here trying to conquer the journey once again.

Every little bit helps. Good luck
  • best_kelly_ever
    best_kelly_ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession~ I sometimes get jealous of women with "bigger chests". Despite having lost over 60 pounds, and said goodbye to stubborn belly fat, thigh fat, hip fat, etc. I had to say goodbye to "chest fat" as well which is what I didn't want to see go... :neutral_face:

same! especially when people post about how they haven't lost anything from their breasts but they've lost everywhere else... the girls were the first to pack their bags and head out, sadly :(

Confession: I am one of those people who has lost weight everywhere else BUT my chest. I am having surgery in 3 weeks to have them reduced - doctors orders. The grass is always greener...
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've 1 bottle of wine a night for the last 3 nights. It fit in my calories... Today I got to eat all my calories and I'm soooo fullllll
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So my cousin just tried to kill herself tonight by ODing. I am actually not shocked at all, this girl has been in and out of hospitals her whole life. Getting arrested, doing drugs, stealing, *kitten* with her body (she's bulimic) and just a constant *kitten* up.

We (as a family) have tried constantly to help this girl, but she unfortunately keeps proving to us that she has no intentions to fix herself. Lies upon lies are all she knows.

I washed my hands clean of her when our grandmother died a year and a half ago. She tried and pleaded for us to help her, but she took advantage of my mother when my mom legitly wanted to help her (by stealing money from her).

So I sit here and think, well she tried it once and she will eventually try it again and succeed. I don't really know how to feel about it. I grew up with her brothers. ( they were like my brothers) so there is a level of sympathy there yet I don't feel terribly sad if she does off herself. I guess no amount of help can help the people who don't want help.

Sorry for the somber note, just irritated to see her do something incredibly stupid.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

• anniem45
    anniem45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a cup (maybe more) of plain chocolate chips in one sitting (~1000 cal). Too guilty to actually record it.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole medium pizza the other night and didn't log it. It may have balanced out cause I felt so sick the next day I could barely eat. Lesson learned.

I'm also horrible at hitting my macros, and I honestly don't believe it's possible for me to consume ~250g of carbs a day.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole medium pizza the other night and didn't log it. It may have balanced out cause I felt so sick the next day I could barely eat. Lesson learned.

I'm also horrible at hitting my macros, and I honestly don't believe it's possible for me to consume ~250g of carbs a day.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ramothine wrote: »
    I told my fiancé that I was doing my pushups in the bedroom so the cat wouldn't bother me, but the real reason was that I didn't want him talking to me while I was doing them.

Oh, my husband is well aware that talking to me AT ALL while I'm working out is a no-no. Unless it is a dire emergency, of course. He had to learn the hard way, though. I mean seriously, you can talk to me any time - do you really need to interrupt me during a set?! I over react to this type of thing, though.

That's why I don't do strength training when I go to the gym. I will get through one circuit and he will want me to join him on the track/b ball/badminton court. I just want to get through my routine without being interrupted.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So my cousin just tried to kill herself tonight by ODing. I am actually not shocked at all, this girl has been in and out of hospitals her whole life. Getting arrested, doing drugs, stealing, *kitten* with her body (she's bulimic) and just a constant *kitten* up.

We (as a family) have tried constantly to help this girl, but she unfortunately keeps proving to us that she has no intentions to fix herself. Lies upon lies are all she knows.

I washed my hands clean of her when our grandmother died a year and a half ago. She tried and pleaded for us to help her, but she took advantage of my mother when my mom legitly wanted to help her (by stealing money from her).

So I sit here and think, well she tried it once and she will eventually try it again and succeed. I don't really know how to feel about it. I grew up with her brothers. ( they were like my brothers) so there is a level of sympathy there yet I don't feel terribly sad if she does off herself. I guess no amount of help can help the people who don't want help.

Sorry for the somber note, just irritated to see her do something incredibly stupid.

I'm sorry. My little sister is deep in the life, using hard drugs hanging out with scary people, doing scary messed up things.I understand your anger and irritation. <3
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    You know when you do that thing where you speak the truth out of anger, and even though it's the truth, it irreparably damages multiple relationships. I did that tonight.

My sister is a high functioning drunk, she teaches autistic children by day, drinks a gallon of captain morgan in 1-2 nights. She said some pretty mean things to me because I called her after she had gone to bed, even though she had just drunk dialed me, I was returning her phone call not seconds later. So I called her out for being a drunk and in my rage also said "you're the reason your son is smoking pot, because you're too drunk every night to actually engage yourself with him." She didn't know her son is smoking pot, he's a decent church kid, maintains 4.0 and is in tons of extracirucular activies, however when he's with his sister who's 16 years older than he is, they like to blaze.

So now they're both pissed at me, he's lying to her, she's believing him, I'm getting angry drunk/high texted from the both of them. I'm glad i'm 1000 miles away from that.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ramothine wrote: »
    I told my fiancé that I was doing my pushups in the bedroom so the cat wouldn't bother me, but the real reason was that I didn't want him talking to me while I was doing them.

Oh, my husband is well aware that talking to me AT ALL while I'm working out is a no-no. Unless it is a dire emergency, of course. He had to learn the hard way, though. I mean seriously, you can talk to me any time - do you really need to interrupt me during a set?! I over react to this type of thing, though.

That's why I don't do strength training when I go to the gym. I will get through one circuit and he will want me to join him on the track/b ball/badminton court. I just want to get through my routine without being interrupted.
    anniem45 wrote: »
    I had a cup (maybe more) of plain chocolate chips in one sitting (~1000 cal). Too guilty to actually record it.

I can't have chocolate chips in the house for this reason.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    anniem45 wrote: »

I ate an entire box of mac and cheese tonight--1,200 calories, and way over my calories for the day. You're not alone ;D
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought a large bag of coconut m&ms a few days ago. My first reaction was "Eww gross, that's not what I wanted!!" I polished off the bag tonight. They are delicious and I won't be buying them again!
  • _Pastafarian_
    _Pastafarian_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I am a fast food junkie. Mostly because of my extreme laziness. I truly do love healthy food and if they had a drive thru that offered healthy food 24 hours a day (I work third shift), I'd be on it. I'm just far too lazy to make my own food.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Just binged very very hard (probably like 2,000 calories over for the day, I mean HARD) because I hated how I looked--yeah, that's helpful. And I kinda just want to give up because my weight hasn't budged for 2 weeks of eating at what MFP set me to, and coming from 3 months of constant weight loss, it's hard to handle.

Also, I'm almost 20 and I still can't eat in my college dining halls out of fear of being judged by everyone in them for eating...

Have you tried re-training yourself to do something positive when you are feeling this way?

An example: one of the small things that I used as a non-food reward when I first started losing weight was nail polish. When I began, I probably had two colors--now I have maybe 50. Sit down, give yourself a nice manicure or pedicure and focus on doing something good for yourself.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I wanted the last bit of wine I had left that I was given for my birthday.
    I scanned the bottle into MFP then I poured all that was left into a measuring glass. I was 1/2 a cup so I googled how many ounces are in a 1/ 2 a cup. Apparently 4 so then because I'm terrible at math I googled how to make 4 ounces into a decimal so that I could correctly add the amount of calories I was taking in.

Afterwards I had a big wtf moment and couldn't believe I did all that to have a glass of wine.

I've also did this to figure out how many calories I'm getting by adding almond milk to my coffee.

Are you sure you didn't have any wine before you started trying to figure this out?

Your measuring cup should have the fractions of a cup as well as the fluid ounces listed right on it. If it doesn't, invest in a new measuring cup.

Here are a couple of images you might find useful--these sort of things can be printed and hung on the refrigerator.

bf8ad054fe382cbb115425ced88189e7.jpg

KITCHEN-101-VOLUME-600x900.jpg

0a78d08fbffec3adce61330074f786c1.jpg

90f020f49323402e569a3a6b858afc31.jpg