Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I saw this today and it made me think of this thread.

1vog6c5fl1c1.jpg
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Well, I'm not super social, but my guess would be that we'd all have more "physical" friends if we stopped following this string and talked to some "physical" people.

Pshaw. Get out of here with your logic :wink:

Guys! I have 10 pages to catch up on - stop being entertaining!
  • ethim
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the difference in my kids from the teenage years to their early 20"s. It was like they all became these brand new people: adults I could have adult conversations with. They have all at various times surprised me by saying, "Hey remember X and I was mad at you for it? I get it now.". Of course, this means they too need to go through the emotions of relationships to understand (both good and bad). But that is all part of growing up.

I'm 24 and I understand this from their perspective. I'm able to talk with my mom now about those teen years and I see things more clearly about how I've matured since high school.

Confession: I only really have one girl who I consider my friend around here. The rest are all online. Haven't seen her since July. She lives 15 minutes away, but I don't drive and she has a kid and she has a 40-minute commute to her work, so she's always busy. We bought Christmas presents for each other and we haven't had the chance to get together. I feel like we don't really relate to each other anymore. She's most likely moving soon to be closer to her job and I'm pretending to be happy for her, but my only real friendship will basically be ending when it happens. It makes me feel lost. I haven't really had any friends since I was 16. I've let myself miss out on so much.

I know this feeling. I've gotten to the point where I've decided that if I want to do something I'll just have to do it by myself. I go to movies by myself, shopping by myself, and in January I took my dog and went away for the weekend. It was great. I've gotten tired of waiting for other people to finally be available so now I'm getting a "screw it, I'll just go do it" attitude.

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.
  • ethim
    Options
    Confession: When the confessions on the thread get serious I want to show sympathy/empathy, give support and advice but I'm rubbish at it. I get really awkward and don't know what to say. So I'm not ignoring them - I just don't know how to respond appropriately. (I'm even worse in real life.)
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    Confession: When the confessions on the thread get serious I want to show sympathy/empathy, give support and advice but I'm rubbish at it. I get really awkward and don't know what to say. So I'm not ignoring them - I just don't know how to respond appropriately. (I'm even worse in real life.)

Me too
  • ethim
    Options
    I went out to a bar with my husband last night. My parents have the kids and we haven't been out in years. I put on my six inch hooker boots and tightest pants, had two O'Douls (I don't drink) and ate cheese fries on a whim. I haven't eaten anything on a whim that wasn't a full on binge in months. I felt so normal! I then of course logged it and was right at maintenance so I would say that's a win.

That's a fab win! I'm looking forward to getting some "keep 'em on" boots if my calves get thinner.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Me too, most of the time. Or it's been too long or I feel like it's redundant of what others have posted.

This actually was a really hard thing for me to learn to deal with off-line, although even though I'm still awkward I've gotten a bit better about acknowledging things and trying to express sympathy or the like. Part of it is that (off-line, obviously less so on-line) I'm extremely private even with the people I'm closest to and certainly with people I know less well, so I always think others may not want to talk about stuff or have others raising it even to express support, etc.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    -I used to make fun of cats but now we own two of them and I'm a "closet" cat person.

Cats are wonderful. You just have accept that they own you and it's all on their terms. I love dogs but am rarely home so can't have them. I adore my cats. And they adore me. I never understand people who don't like cats. (No judgement just lack of understanding).

Confession: I not only do not like cats, but I hate them. I am allergic to them, which doesn't help, but I know that is not their fault.

Our neighbors cats are always in my yard, my flower beds are full of *kitten* and one will not even grow anything in it anymore because the cats have pissed in it so much. Every spring, when the snow melts and I have to go clean up two five-gallon pails of cat poo, I silently plot their deaths.

The neighbors don't do anything about it, no matter how much we complain. My husband is the mayor and the only thing they can do about it is set up cat traps and charge a fee for them to get their cats back.

I effing HATE cats!
    It is the neighbours you should be directing your anger at, but I get it. There used to be a couple cats in my neighbourhood that would piss in my front garden. I get mad at the owners because they should have some consideration and control their animals. I take measures to ensure my pet is contained and cleaned up after, so should everyone else!

Confession: I weighed out an actual serving of mini eggs last night. So disappointing. Ignorance really is bliss, because ignorance = more mini eggs.

ETA: I don't know why the quote thing isn't working right.[/quote]

My cats are indoor. I would wig out at them being outdoor cats I would be terrified they would get hit by a car. All are fixed and use litter boxes. And are so excited when I get home and snuggle up and purr like freight trains after they have eaten. I love having cats.
  • ramothine
    ramothine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I told my fiancé that I was doing my pushups in the bedroom so the cat wouldn't bother me, but the real reason was that I didn't want him talking to me while I was doing them.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

That's where most of my type and delete stems from. I especially hate when it's something like someone having a death in the family on facebook, where you're expected to say something, and everything I type looks like I copy and pasted from a generic sympathy card.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    i like the feeling of sweat flying off my head when i run on my treadmill
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    My mom has the kids tonight, so date night for the hubby and me! Sushi and alcoholic beverages! Excited but worried because I didn't get to the gym today as planned. I'll pay for it in the gym next week and definitely won't be logging anything today.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1 near-breakup = 3 boxes of girl scout cookies in 5 days
    :(
    Back on track now though
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not born (that was MN ) but raused in Cleveland.. Mostly west side (lakewood) but also some east side including cleveland hts and far out chesterland.. Moved at 19 but side (42) have a bunch of childhood friends there... I even went back a few years ago to run the cleveland marthin (did the half) was fun running the shoreway next to edgewater park.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Gym time=
    I confess that I secretly wish I could find a MFP member who is close to where I live so I can have someone to work out with besides my boyfriend. He's gone a lot so our schedules don't always meet up.
    I'm pretty shy in a gym and it just takes a little encouragement for me to go to the weight room when there are already a bunch of people over there.

I am always afraid I am going to do something wrong and someone will get mad at me for interrupting their set. haha. Silly, I know... I don't wanna be THAT person y'know?

Also, I haven't been craving any particular foods lately which is really really strange to me.

Most of time I'm like " oh, I feel like chicken, or a burger, or tacos, etc."

Not this week :/

Makes me think something big is coming on. OH GOD.

This, if you're in the Quad Cities, let me know :smile:

Not sure what the quad cities are! haha

2.5 hours west of Chicago, on the border of Iowa. It's the only place where the Mississippi flows directly east to west.

ahh nope, sorry. used to live over in Ohio but now currently reside is Texas.

I was born in Dallas, Texas and now live in Ohio! Haha

haha holy crap I am in Dallas now. please PLEASEEEE tell me you live in Cleveland.

That way I can know I traded places with someone lol

Ahh so close! I'm in Columbus! But have been to Cleveland quite a few times!

hah well I did live in Columbus for 3 years but born and raised in Cleveland. Hah, I somehow feel satisfied by this.

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    On a totally unrelated note, when my bladder is full or even partially full I have spontaneous orgasms. Sometimes I hold it on purpose.

BONUS!!!!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ramothine wrote: »
    I told my fiancé that I was doing my pushups in the bedroom so the cat wouldn't bother me, but the real reason was that I didn't want him talking to me while I was doing them.

My cat totally likes to bother me when I'm doing pushups, so it's not a bad excuse. He rubs against me and sometimes tries to jump on my back. So far I haven't logged extra calories for that (I don't log pushups anyway unless part of a bigger workout), but I kind of want to when we get good, just so I can log "Loaded pushups (11 lb cat)."
  • ramothine
    ramothine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

My cat totally likes to bother me when I'm doing pushups, so it's not a bad excuse. He rubs against me and sometimes tries to jump on my back. So far I haven't logged extra calories for that (I don't log pushups anyway unless part of a bigger workout), but I kind of want to when we get good, just so I can log "Loaded pushups (11 lb cat)."

Mine tries to play with my hair, while looking at me like her human's being weird.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Right now I want to go to the grocery store to pick up some things: greek yogurt, fruit, vegetables... but I have a struggle. I am craving gummy candy so bad :( Argh!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    There used to be this girl who worked at a diner I would frequent in NJ. Her face was unreasonably flat, so we glossed her "hit in the face with a brick girl." Well one day, she got a boyfriend, and we couldn't help but overhear her talking about her boyfriend and how great he was, so we started calling her boyfriend Mason, because what do mason's do?

THEY LAY BRICKS.

I am still laughing at this....... So funny and so mean.......
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Wow the only fun part of my post was cut off! So trying again.

2) I am going to be so sad when people get used to my weight loss and stop commenting on how much weight I have lost and how thin I have gotten and how good I look. Total ego trip.

^^
    This, this, this!