Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I went out to a bar with my husband last night. My parents have the kids and we haven't been out in years. I put on my six inch hooker boots and tightest pants, had two O'Douls (I don't drink) and ate cheese fries on a whim. I haven't eaten anything on a whim that wasn't a full on binge in months. I felt so normal! I then of course logged it and was right at maintenance so I would say that's a win.

Awesome. I've been wanting some good cheese fries!
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling adventurous, if someone messages me their phone number, I'll give them a call!

ha ha that could get expensive.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I confess that I secretly wish I could find a MFP member who is close to where I live so I can have someone to work out with besides my boyfriend. He's gone a lot so our schedules don't always meet up.
    I'm pretty shy in a gym and it just takes a little encouragement for me to go to the weight room when there are already a bunch of people over there.

I am always afraid I am going to do something wrong and someone will get mad at me for interrupting their set. haha. Silly, I know... I don't wanna be THAT person y'know?

Also, I haven't been craving any particular foods lately which is really really strange to me.

Most of time I'm like " oh, I feel like chicken, or a burger, or tacos, etc."

Not this week :/

Makes me think something big is coming on. OH GOD.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    amehh91 wrote: »
    My son's dad is a real douche, he greatly contributed to my PND issues after I had my son (cheating, not contributing to rent and racking up debt in my name, no baby help, verbally abusive, smashed my belongings etcetc). I finally left when my son was 18 months and he has refused to see him since just before his 2nd birthday and he constantly quits jobs so he doesn't have to pay child maintenance.
    Confession: I still feel just as peed off about it now as I did in the beginning and I'm not a particularly angry person but I have fantasised about bumping into him and having my say about the whole thing (I have held my tongue for my sons sake).
    2nd confession: I feel guilty about still letting confession 1 get to me as it has been nearly 2 years since I left and I think everyone thinks I should just get over it now.
    3rd confession: I'm making damn sure that if I do bump into him again (not likely as I had to move counties to get away from him) I am going to look super hot and he will know he didn't break me and me and my son are far better off without him.

Phew it feels good to get that off my chest!

Don't let the anger consume you, but something like that does take a long time to get over - especially when you have a little one who you see being affected by it every day. I unfortunately know from experience. It took me about 3 years to stop feeling deeply upset. I still wouldn't mind if my ex got hit by a car.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I made those little dirt cups for Easter last year.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I'm feeling adventurous, if someone messages me their phone number, I'll give them a call!

ha ha that could get expensive.

Nobody else was feeling adventurous!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    I confess that I secretly wish I could find a MFP member who is close to where I live so I can have someone to work out with besides my boyfriend. He's gone a lot so our schedules don't always meet up.
    I'm pretty shy in a gym and it just takes a little encouragement for me to go to the weight room when there are already a bunch of people over there.

I am always afraid I am going to do something wrong and someone will get mad at me for interrupting their set. haha. Silly, I know... I don't wanna be THAT person y'know?

Also, I haven't been craving any particular foods lately which is really really strange to me.

This, if you're in the Quad Cities, let me know :smile:
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    jules92761 wrote: »
    OMG - I love this post. Ok, I'll confess... I actually ate at least 4 lemon Oreos in the car on my home from my mom's (she only lives a mile away) rather than eat them in front of my husband.... then snuck 4 more later in the kitchen while he was watching tv! :blush:
    Lemon I've never tried.. now the Reese's Oreo's...are a bit too delicious! :blush:

Omg!! Lemon and Reese Oreos! I really need to move to the States.... but I'd probably gain all my weight back!
    Lemon... Oreos...?

That just sounds kinda gross.

I love lemon anything. I believe these are the kind where its a lemon cookie with vanilla frosting, so they aren't bad. Sort of like a crunchy lemon square.

2nd confession: I'm still get mad from at this girl from middle school who lied to me and told me they wouldn't let me be a cheerleader because I couldn't do a cartwheel. I sometimes wonder if my life had been any different if I took that pathway through school. It was so long ago and I honestly can't even remember who said it, but I still think about it sometimes.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    -I used to make fun of cats but now we own two of them and I'm a "closet" cat person.

Cats are wonderful. You just have accept that they own you and it's all on their terms. I love dogs but am rarely home so can't have them. I adore my cats. And they adore me. I never understand people who don't like cats. (No judgement just lack of understanding).

Confession: I not only do not like cats, but I hate them. I am allergic to them, which doesn't help, but I know that is not their fault.

Our neighbors cats are always in my yard, my flower beds are full of *kitten* and one will not even grow anything in it anymore because the cats have pissed in it so much. Every spring, when the snow melts and I have to go clean up two five-gallon pails of cat poo, I silently plot their deaths.

The neighbors don't do anything about it, no matter how much we complain. My husband is the mayor and the only thing they can do about it is set up cat traps and charge a fee for them to get their cats back.

I effing HATE cats![/quote]
    It is the neighbours you should be directing your anger at, but I get it. There used to be a couple cats in my neighbourhood that would piss in my front garden. I get mad at the owners because they should have some consideration and control their animals. I take measures to ensure my pet is contained and cleaned up after, so should everyone else!

Confession: I weighed out an actual serving of mini eggs last night. So disappointing. Ignorance really is bliss, because ignorance = more mini eggs.

ETA: I don't know why the quote thing isn't working right.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    new new avatar, TRUST ME, I'M A JEDI!
  • ButBurgersAreDelicious
    Options
    I love my man's hair. He has beautifully soft, tight, black as night curls. What I love more is that he trusts me with a clipper and asks me to shave those curls off during the summer. The confession is that the sound of the clippers, and the way his hair feels slipping through my fingers while I am cutting them away feels super intimate.

The confession part ( and it's gross): when I am sweeping up the downy pillow of curls and throwing 'em away, I wonder what a pillow would feel like with it. I wouldn't actually be that crazy, but his hair is so damn soft and bouncy. I think it'd be the best sleep ever, but it's also ridiculously gross to think about at the same time. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

• ddrhellbunny
    Options

Not sure what the quad cities are! haha

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Me too. I have no one to work out with, and I've moved away from my trainer. I really miss having someone to push me on and share that sense of achievement after a work out. My partners try to be supportive but they're really not interested and don't understand the 'high'.

I'm also in the introvert crowd. I have very few friends and I love going back to my own house at weekends to have alone time away from my partners, even though I love them and miss them very much, the peace of being in my own restores my balance (and unfortunately gives me opportunity to binge).

Bur yeah, would love a workout buddy (north west London, UK)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

2.5 hours west of Chicago, on the border of Iowa. It's the only place where the Mississippi flows directly east to west.
  • amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    amehh91 wrote: »
    My son's dad is a real douche, he greatly contributed to my PND issues after I had my son (cheating, not contributing to rent and racking up debt in my name, no baby help, verbally abusive, smashed my belongings etcetc). I finally left when my son was 18 months and he has refused to see him since just before his 2nd birthday and he constantly quits jobs so he doesn't have to pay child maintenance.
    Confession: I still feel just as peed off about it now as I did in the beginning and I'm not a particularly angry person but I have fantasised about bumping into him and having my say about the whole thing (I have held my tongue for my sons sake).
    2nd confession: I feel guilty about still letting confession 1 get to me as it has been nearly 2 years since I left and I think everyone thinks I should just get over it now.
    3rd confession: I'm making damn sure that if I do bump into him again (not likely as I had to move counties to get away from him) I am going to look super hot and he will know he didn't break me and me and my son are far better off without him.

Phew it feels good to get that off my chest!

Don't let the anger consume you, but something like that does take a long time to get over - especially when you have a little one who you see being affected by it every day. I unfortunately know from experience. It took me about 3 years to stop feeling deeply upset. I still wouldn't mind if my ex got hit by a car.

It sucks doesn't it? Don't worry, day to day I'm fine and don't think of it, its the nights I can't sleep and the mind wanders or if, for example, child maintenance phone to say they still can't find him in a job *eye roll*

It is less severe than it was so I guess time IS healing, I just want it to heal faster!

Confession - went out today with a friend and my son, have worked hard this week and banked an extra 600 cals for whatever delights lunch might have been and ended up with a sandwich and an apple (didn't fancy anything else once we were there!) So I am perfectly able to stay in my calories today...but I might just have the extra 600 anyway...because why the hell not?

Edit for spelling
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I have two close friends, but I only see them every few months because they are always so busy.

I don't have any friends or people in my life with similar interests. My gym partner will workout with me, but only once or twice a week and doesn't take it as seriously as me. I'd like to go hiking/biking and travel to different places to do those things, but if I ask anyone to go for a walk they look at me like I grew a second head. I also suck at making new friends due to my social awkwardness.

My confession: I am scared to date or even try to approach someone I find attractive because I assume their reaction will be "ewwww". And I also feel that I am not attractive or good enough to even deserve to have someone love me. It makes me sad that I feel this way, but I don't know how to change it.

I don't have any tips to try to help you change this thinking, but all I can tell you is that is not at ALL how I perceive you just from your posts here! You seem very confident and like a lot of fun. I hope you can change that mindset because you DO deserve to be loved and appreciated for who you are.

I was actually on my way back to delete this because I felt like I was throwing myself a pity party.

As for seeming confident here, that's the power of anonymity ;) I have zero self confidence around the opposite sex. I don't know why, I've never been rejected with an "ewww, gross" so I suppose it's just because that's how I can view myself so I think others do too.

And the not deserving part, I was in a relationship last year and this guy was (seemed) amazing. He was so good to me and made me feel really good about myself (no small feat). I found myself thinking "what makes me so special that I would deserve something this good?". And then when he broke up with me it just kind of cemented the thinking that I don't deserve it (even though he had a totally bogus reason for dumping me).

Well that sucks. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you dodged a bullet there! Good thing you didn't waste too much time on him since he obviously turned out to be wrong for you. Do you think he told you the truth as to why he broke up with you or was he trying to cover up or hide something? Totally nosy on my part. I understand if you don't want to disclose any more info. Either way, use this as a learning experience and move on.

Nope, definitely not, since he accused me of cheating on him. And when I tried to talk to him about it he basically thought I was just trying to figure out how I "got caught". I did not cheat, and he had nothing to support his accusations, which is why he wouldn't tell me how he "knew". (In case anyone's wondering, he's the one I sometimes imagine punching & kicking when I work out).

I know I dodged a bullet, but it sucks because things had been amazing up until that point, and we were really great together before his craziness surfaced.

That makes me think he was projecting his problems onto you and that he was actually the one cheating. Could be wrong...

That was exactly my first thought, too! I'm sorry, either way. Love the new avatar pic, ShibaEars!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.
    I'm really impressed by your honesty. I hope you're feeling better about yourself these days. I'm with you about not really understanding much about mental illness when you've always been fine yourself. My 19 year-old daughter has recently been diagnosed with depression, and I'm still struggling with the idea that it may NOT have been caused by her low iron levels, but may actually be a serious condition.

I 2nd this! Definitely a hard thing to go through, but you learned and grew and became more open minded. That is a success!
  • ddrhellbunny
    Options

2.5 hours west of Chicago, on the border of Iowa. It's the only place where the Mississippi flows directly east to west.

ahh nope, sorry. used to live over in Ohio but now currently reside is Texas.