Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

You should! Have you started with your light weights, doing arm exercises at night? It really works for me. I'll do 12 arm circles forward, 12 backwards, and 12 small pulses up and down without taking a break in between. I do the moves slowly and controlled (as if the only part of my body that is movable is my shoulders) and every time my muscles burn like crazy! A good burn, of course.
  • mkn69
    mkn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    I track diligently and come in under my calorie goal all week, then undo the whole week's progress over the weekend.

Each and every weekend. I used to just give up and stop tracking on weekends looking at it as giving myself a break ("I mean how much damage could it do, really!"), until over a month passed and I found myself wondering where all that effort went and why my scale hasn't budged. Yep, now I know.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

I do wish I actually had purple hair though

Pretty easy to achieve, particularly now that the "unnatural" hair colours seem to be trendy again. You can probably get either permanent or wash-out dye.

Not sure how well they cover darker hair though. Might be necessary to do a colour strip first, and I think that's kinda hard on your hair.

I just want a skinny little teal streak.

My hair is fine and dry. It's also falling out like crazy. It doesn't hold colour at all, it will fade to a straw colour within a couple weeks. And bleaching it would probably leave me bald.

Unfortunately, it's not "just hair" to everyone and it might not grow back :( Perhaps I should just invest in colourful wigs...

Confession: I'm about to turn 29 and I've never had highlights or dyed my hair in my life!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    nealsland wrote: »
    I celebrated a short term weight loss goal last Saturday with pizza and beer. It took me four freakin days to get back to the afore mentioned goal. It's gonna be awhile till we do that again.

Like a wise man once said,

"It'll take me two weeks to undo three days of stupid."

• denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm thinking of dying my hair black again but add some purple streaks, but it might not be appropriate for a 36yo SAHM. Mostly I'm too cheap to pay for that I think.

Confession - I'm already dreading Easter. We were supposed to stay home but we got invited by my sister in law, and with PMS here I know it's going to be hard to stick to my deficit this week to save calories for it. And I'm peeved about it because I actually had a chance to reach my goal weight this month, after being 2-3 pounds away since last May. Plus it's my birthday in 10 days and we're going to a nice restaurant and that's just too many 'cheat' days in a short amount of time, so I'm stressing out about it.

I realize I stress out too much about food but I can't help it.

What's "appropriate" for a 36yo SAHM?
    I'll be 33 next month and am a SAHM... I've had my hair all different colors. And this week I plan on changing my brunette hair to "darkest blue". It's almost black... But it's not. Lol.
    I've had my hair BRIGHT red before, and MAGENTA about a year ago.

I say go for an outrageous color. You only live once! Enjoy your time while you have it. :)

I LOVE your hair color. You are beyond gorgeous! I say, it is hair, it will always grow back if you hate it and cut it off!

Thank you! It was such a pain to keep up, so after a couple months I changed it to a dark burgandy. Then brown. My most recent was black... But it's all faded out. So I'm dying it dark blue (probably tomorrow). Never had that color. And it'll be all over color, not just chunks or pieces. Lol
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Confession: I scraped the inside of the ziploc bag my english muffin was in this morning to try to get as much of my logged peanut butter and nutella as possible. It's not fair that I logged in and it ended up in there rather than my mouth!

Confession 2: I'm now kicking myself for not thinking about turning it inside out and smearing it back onto my english muffin. :disappointed:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

You should! Have you started with your light weights, doing arm exercises at night? It really works for me. I'll do 12 arm circles forward, 12 backwards, and 12 small pulses up and down without taking a break in between. I do the moves slowly and controlled (as if the only part of my body that is movable is my shoulders) and every time my muscles burn like crazy! A good burn, of course.

I was doing them faithfully, sitting on the floor just like you described (which adds a nice core/posture element), until my SO came home from work. He works out of town 50% of the time and we're kinda joined at the hip when he's here so I sit on the couch with him to watch TV... didn't want to bash the poor guy in the head with weights. But every time I've had a few minutes to myself I've been going at it.

I've been doing arm circles forward and backward, shoulder presses, and front and side lateral raises. I will achieve those shoulders yet!!

edit: I can't believe the number of workplaces that don't permit funky hair colours. I thought our dress code was ridiculously strict!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I'm thinking of dying my hair black again but add some purple streaks, but it might not be appropriate for a 36yo SAHM. Mostly I'm too cheap to pay for that I think.

Confession - I'm already dreading Easter. We were supposed to stay home but we got invited by my sister in law, and with PMS here I know it's going to be hard to stick to my deficit this week to save calories for it. And I'm peeved about it because I actually had a chance to reach my goal weight this month, after being 2-3 pounds away since last May. Plus it's my birthday in 10 days and we're going to a nice restaurant and that's just too many 'cheat' days in a short amount of time, so I'm stressing out about it.

I'll be 33 next month and am a SAHM... I've had my hair all different colors. And this week I plan on changing my brunette hair to "darkest blue". It's almost black... But it's not. Lol.

I say go for an outrageous color. You only live once! Enjoy your time while you have it. :)

I LOVE your hair color. You are beyond gorgeous! I say, it is hair, it will always grow back if you hate it and cut it off!

Thank you! It was such a pain to keep up, so after a couple months I changed it to a dark burgandy. Then brown. My most recent was black... But it's all faded out. So I'm dying it dark blue (probably tomorrow). Never had that color. And it'll be all over color, not just chunks or pieces. Lol

Absolutely gorgeous picture! Hope you post one after you dye it blue! I'm dying to see that. I color mine myself, too. Just blonde and dark auburn. I'd be more adventurous but can't because of my job.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I was doing them faithfully, sitting on the floor just like you described (which adds a nice core/posture element), until my SO came home from work. He works out of town 50% of the time and we're kinda joined at the hip when he's here so I sit on the couch with him to watch TV... didn't want to bash the poor guy in the head with weights. But every time I've had a few minutes to myself I've been going at it.

I've been doing arm circles forward and backward, shoulder presses, and front and side lateral raises. I will achieve those shoulders yet!!

edit: I can't believe the number of workplaces that don't permit funky hair colours. I thought our dress code was ridiculously strict!

Good for you!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This came across my Twitter feed yesterday:
    Facts About Beards
  • denielle715
    Options

Absolutely gorgeous picture! Hope you post one after you dye it blue! I'm dying to see that. I color mine myself, too. Just blonde and dark auburn. I'd be more adventurous but can't because of my job.

I'll definitely post a pic of the blue :)
    My husband hates that I do it different colors, but it never lasts long (my hair always fades quickly).

And I am a SAHM... So my only critics are my family. Lol. And my kiddos love when I change it. They say I look like a "cool mom".
    Kinda strange going to school functions though. Hahaha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

My husband hates that I do it different colors, but it never lasts long (my hair always fades quickly).

And I am a SAHM... So my only critics are my family. Lol. And my kiddos love when I change it. They say I look like a "cool mom".

Yeah, I pick up my kids every day, I just don't want everyone staring at me, lol.
  • denielle715
    Options

Yeah, I pick up my kids every day, I just don't want everyone staring at me, lol.

I'm not (too) worried about the staring... I try and tell myself they are just jealous they aren't brave enough... Or they are in envy. Most people actually comment about how they would do it, if it wasn't for their job.
  • denielle715
    Options
    Another confession...
    I'm on my third cup of coffee and being lazy watching Netflix.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I binged last night and ate a DQ salted caramel truffle blizzard after dinner.
    Confession 2: I felt a cold coming on last night and it's in full swing now, but I'm secretly pleased as punch because now I won't eat much today and that should make up for the DQ last night. XD Unfortunately I have a job interview today...so I'll have to power through that, but otherwise YOO HOO! -_- Being happy about being sick makes me feel weird.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    Confession 1: I binged last night and ate a DQ salted caramel truffle blizzard after dinner.
    Confession 2: I felt a cold coming on last night and it's in full swing now, but I'm secretly pleased as punch because now I won't eat much today and that should make up for the DQ last night. XD Unfortunately I have a job interview today...so I'll have to power through that, but otherwise YOO HOO! -_- Being happy about being sick makes me feel weird.

I must be the only person in the world who's always hungry when she's sick. Except when it's a stomach bug, obviously.

Confession - I HATE April fools. I wish I could just stay in bed that day and avoid all the idiocy that people spurt everywhere because they think they are funny. And no, it's not because I've been pranked or anything...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I'm not (too) worried about the staring... I try and tell myself they are just jealous they aren't brave enough... Or they are in envy. Most people actually comment about how they would do it, if it wasn't for their job.

Yep, that would be me.

The coolest dye job I've ever seen was on a young teen with fairly long, blunt cut poker straight blonde hair. She had just the bottom inch of her hair dyed bright pink. It looked like a paintbrush dipped in paint... really striking.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

If I'm staring at someone with colourful hair, I'm envious. I wish I could have long, thick hair that I could dye on a whim.

Confession: when people complain about their hair being *too* thick, I want to simultaneously cry and hit them.