Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Confession: I lack the ability to smell a select few things. It's a short list of things I can't smell and I'm not going to lie, I consider it a superpower and not a disability.

Smells to which I am immune:
    Flatulence
    Skunk
    Onion

The crazy thing is that this happened somewhere around my pre-teen years so I used to be able to smell these things and I remember what each of them smells like. I remember catching a whiff and knowing that someone had ripped one off. I remember going down the road and all of a sudden smelling the pungent odor of a skunk that had been hit. I even remember how the kitchen used to smell when Dad would chop up an onion for Thanksgiving dressing.

However, I have not smelled any of these things since my childhood. I am not sorry.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind NOT smelling those things, either! Any idea what caused that?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have nicknames for the people I regularly see at my swimming pool (I don't know their names even though we always say hello). Some of them are:

Flower Power (she has an awesome flowery swimming costume)
    Annoying breast stroke man (likes to cut in front of people and then SLOW DOWN)
    Dave 1
    Dave 2 (looks so similar to Dave 1 at first I was wondering how he could swim so fast until I realised they were two different people).
    Fast and Furious
    Macho Splashy man
    Staring man
    Penelope Perfect

I wonder what they have nicknamed me? It's probably 'spluttering lady' or 'guess who got distracted halfway through her shower and only shaved one armpit'. That only happened once.

Hahahaha! That made me laugh!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Confessions:Whenever someone notices my weight loss and asks me how I did it, I'm going to say "I eat a pinecone every day."
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confessions:

I cannot stand touching wet skin. (Not my own but I avoid touching other people's wet skin if possible as it makes me nauseous.) I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

Interesting....

I CANNOT touch wood!

I just giggled at this like a teenage boy.

Ha! I'm a little disappointed that my mind didn't go that direction when I first read it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

Much like @tincanonastring‌ I overreact to insignificant things.

Ditto. This is the story of my life. Big, huge crisis? Fine. I can handle it. Pen clicker? I will stab your eyeballs out with the pen. Popping gum on the treadmill next to me? I will shove you off the machine. (good thing this is the confession thread; I sound terrible!)

You would murder me then...I do both of those things. I used to get in trouble all the time by an old boss for popping or snapping my gum. She'd make me go spit it out. I don't do it on purpose, it's just a habit.

Logically, I understand that people aren't doing it to intentionally annoy me and that they probably don't even realize they are doing it and those are the only thoughts that keep me from going into a rage. I fully realize this is a "me" issue. Working on it, but not been very successful.

Also, wanted to add to the "annoying word usage" conversation: saying "prolly" instead of "probably". Grates on my nerves.

I was just thinking the same thing!!! How FREAKIN' hard is it to say "probably"?! I mean come on. My 13 year old speaks better than that and when she doesn't, you better believe I'm going to correct it.

In written word via Facebook, Instagram or whatever, another one that bothers me is someone spelling a lot as 1 word.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/oatmeal_day/alot.png

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Water literally shot out of my nose and my cube mate asked if I was ok. Don't drink and read this thread! That's my PSA for the day.

Also, totally using the pinecone thing!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confessions:

I cannot stand touching wet skin. (Not my own but I avoid touching other people's wet skin if possible as it makes me nauseous.) I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

Interesting....

I CANNOT touch wood!

I just giggled at this like a teenage boy.

Ha! I'm a little disappointed that my mind didn't go that direction when I first read it.

Mine did, but I couldn't find a giggity gif fast enough.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have nicknames for the people I regularly see at my swimming pool (I don't know their names even though we always say hello). Some of them are:

Flower Power (she has an awesome flowery swimming costume)
    Annoying breast stroke man (likes to cut in front of people and then SLOW DOWN)
    Dave 1
    Dave 2 (looks so similar to Dave 1 at first I was wondering how he could swim so fast until I realised they were two different people).
    Fast and Furious
    Macho Splashy man
    Staring man
    Penelope Perfect

I wonder what they have nicknamed me? It's probably 'spluttering lady' or 'guess who got distracted halfway through her shower and only shaved one armpit'. That only happened once.

Literally laughed out loud! Because I'm that person that remembers my coffee but sets my keys down to pickup the coffee cup and forgets keys! ;)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession: Someone tagged me in a post in this thread a while back, and that comment keeps getting quoted. It generates a "SoandSo mentioned you in..." notification each time the quote gets nested. Every time, I get all excited, like, "Yay! Someone wants to talk to me!" Then I check in, and it's just another *kitten* quote. I has a sad every time.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Another for the stinky kid club. I workout at home, so I'm good for wearing the same sweat pants for 2 or 3 workouts. Initially I only had 2 pair that fit, now I have more and still don't change every workout. shhh don't tell anybody. :D
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In written word via Facebook, Instagram or whatever, another one that bothers me is someone spelling a lot as 1 word.

I will allot you two words to describe the amount of people who get that one wrong.
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    I slept with my cousins wife last month. Its was fun then but its eating at my soul. I feel awkward with them now and so does she.

Keep practicing. It gets a lot less awkward.

I drank directly from the orange juice bottle.

Don't feel awkward, or let it mess up your life. Just accept that it happened and then let it go.

But next time you get the urge, try working out, or heck, even burying yourself in a half gallon of ice cream, to get your mind off of it! :smile:
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

there, they're, their...
    I feel ya.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I will allot you two words to describe the amount of people who get that one wrong.

NICE!!! I love a good play on words.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Another for the stinky kid club. I workout at home, so I'm good for wearing the same sweat pants for 2 or 3 workouts. Initially I only had 2 pair that fit, now I have more and still don't change every workout. shhh don't tell anybody. :D

I guess I will chime in on the stinky clothes. I have about a dozen workout shirts, but only 4 pairs of pants, so I will wear pants more than once a week. I hang them to air dry & always change my underwear. But I will admit to sometimes wearing socks more than once. There's a certain type of sock I like to workout in & I only have a few pairs.

If I workout in the evening and then again the next morning I will wear the same clothes from the previous evening's workout. I don't want to be going through 2 gym outfits every day. I refuse to do laundry every two days lol.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I am also a huge fan of older King books, but gave up on his newer stuff years ago....therefore, I have never read Under The Dome, someone please tell me how it ends, now I am curious!

The mentioned aliens isn't even what made me furious.

SPOILERS SPOILERS. SPOILERS

there is a deus ex machina event and almost everyone in the book abruptly dies. Just like that.

Oh yeah, and aliens.

So so so so awful. Worst ending I have ever read.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

NICE!!! I love a good play on words.
    I love the ALOT: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad that the Crab thread got deleted. That was the Best Thread Ever.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm sad that I never even peeked into that one. I just snorted at the title and figured it was a typo and would quickly spiral out of control like all the low carb ones tend to. What happened?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm sad that I never even peeked into that one. I just snorted at the title and figured it was a typo and would quickly spiral out of control like all the low carb ones tend to. What happened?

I didn't see it either. When I see a comment on here about a dumb thread I immediately seek it out for the entertainment value