Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    For the past couple of weeks I have been buying sweet treats here and there; a small bag of cookies, a Snickers bar, Sno balls... I'm not eating them. I'm just collecting them in a bag in my pantry. I'm not sure why I'm doing this or even if I'll end up eating them. I think maybe it makes me feel better to know they're there.

I have a stash too. Most of mine consists of faves that I can't get here but pick up on occasional forays into the US... white chocolate Reese's, white chocolate KitKats, white chocolate M&Ms (sensing a theme here? lol)... and "save" them due to their scarcity.

I definitely eat them eventually. Most of the time I forget they're there though.

I'm in the US and didn't realize white chocolate M&M's even existed!

P1020735-1-1024x768.jpg

Apparently only at Target

Hm...interesting! Are they good?

Last time I was there I bought 3 of the biggest bags I could find. Feed the Neighbourhood Size. Ohhh yes, they're good.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crfischer4 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

Much like @tincanonastring‌ I overreact to insignificant things.

Everyone I work with says ECK-specially. When they say it, I quit listening.

And Eck-spresso? I hate "supposably" instead of supposedly. One that always makes me giggle is I've heard of someone using "excrucianating"

I personally hate "could of" instead of "could have."

What about "could've?" I'm an absolute speed talker, so while I know it's "could have" I'm totally guilty of making them into one word, though I definitely stress the V sound, over the F sound.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    AshZie wrote: »
    I went to a job interview recently for a fairly lucrative position and the guy interviewing me used "orientated" twice. Ironically enough, I did not get the position. His loss. I am laid off as of this Friday and I'm excited to have ample time for work outs. At least for the time being. :)
    I'm also 'between jobs' and I confess I haven't done anything more than walking and the odd little jog. I thought I'd become a proper yoga mom and even maybe join the gym, but I haven't done either. Instead I spend WAY too long on MFP every day.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

That's a very common pronunciation of Missouri, especially for people who live in the Ozarks.

I get it though, I want to throw my laptop through the window every time I see "Your" used instead of "You're". It's incredibly common. I have no idea how people get away with this and have jobs.

I have a staff of editors at my company, and I have had TWO people apply, saying that they are, "detailed orientated."

...yet apparently not detailed oriented enough...

I lady who works in my old department refers to the life squad as an "ambliance." She also calls lemurs "madagascars." There's a whole list of these but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm eating popcorn
  • sammik307
    sammik307 Posts: 19
    Options
    Im currently craving a candy bar.. And a cookie...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I confess that this guy bugs me with his lack of gym etiquette and I judged him a little.
    vdrtv709188o.jpg

Seriously? You're gonna work out but still be so lazy about it that you can't carry your Dumbbells to the bench? How 'bout let's just put the bench right in front of the rack so no one else can use them while we do DB presses with our feet up in the air.

He also has a bad habit of pulling the incline bench to the smith machine and then leaving it there when he's done. >.<
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

That's a very common pronunciation of Missouri, especially for people who live in the Ozarks.

I get it though, I want to throw my laptop through the window every time I see "Your" used instead of "You're". It's incredibly common. I have no idea how people get away with this and have jobs.

I have a staff of editors at my company, and I have had TWO people apply, saying that they are, "detailed orientated."

...yet apparently not detailed oriented enough...

I lady who works in my old department refers to the life squad as an "ambliance." She also calls lemurs "madagascars." There's a whole list of these but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

My cousin's wife once told me she had a new job working at the libary. I confess I used to ask her to tell me again where she worked, when we were around other people, just to hear her say libary. I imagined her cataloging books or some such thing and just had to wonder. Turns out she cleaned after hours.

55835802.png

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

I have read this entire thread on my phone while walking laps around my kitchen, dining room and foyer. It's addictive and I've got 18k steps in the past couple days.

I cannot stand touching wet skin. (Not my own but I avoid touching other people's wet skin if possible as it makes me nauseous.) I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

I have consumed more calories today in Whiskey than food (medicinal reasons). I feel better & I'm still under my goal. I log everything religiously.

Whenever someone notices my weight loss and asks me how I did it, I'm going to say "I eat a pinecone every day."

You all know if I say " I watch what I eat and exercise" they will be sad so... I am really just bringing more joy to the world. I will straighten them out so I'm not to blame when somebody chokes to death on a pinecone but for a brief moment, they will have the secret knowledge of an ancient magical weight loss cure. And I will have the satisfaction of knowing that many people would rather eat a pinecone than count calories. ;)

• landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Confessions:

Whenever someone notices my weight loss and asks me how I did it, I'm going to say "I eat a pinecone every day."

(slow claps) you are a genius.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

My confession is that this sentence kind of broke my brain.

Also that I like the pinecone thing.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

ROFL! I take tempting foods and put them down the trash chute, asking myself why in the world I brought that item home in the first place because I know I have no willpower over certain things!

Thanks for the giggle!

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting on the couch and saw it was 11:55 and looked at my Vivofit and I was at 9456 steps. I was like I CAN DO IT and I got up and jogged in place as hard as I could. It ticked over at 9986 :(:(:(:(:(
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on much today, but I took a quick look at the boards earlier and THOROUGHLY enjoyed the Low Crab Diet thread.

Now I can't find it. Sadness.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    I was just sitting on the couch and saw it was 11:55 and looked at my Vivofit and I was at 9456 steps. I was like I CAN DO IT and I got up and jogged in place as hard as I could. It ticked over at 9986 :(:(:(:(:(

This happened to me today in the car. I was not in a place where I could get out, so I did a bunch of lurchy movements while driving until I hit my goal of 12,000.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

This happened to me today in the car. I was not in a place where I could get out, so I did a bunch of lurchy movements while driving until I hit my goal of 12,000.

OMG that made me laugh my *kitten* off. I hope that someone somewhere saw you and spent all day wondering if you were having a seizure or just listening to really wacky music.

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

OMG that made me laugh my *kitten* off. I hope that someone somewhere saw you and spent all day wondering if you were having a seizure or just listening to really wacky music.

It took a good 15 minutes of bouncing around to get the 40 or so "steps" that I needed. It was dark freeway at almost midnight, but it's quite possible that somebody did a double take.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »

Oh, now you got me started: to instead of too, loose instead of lose, there instead of their, your instead of you're (I know you already said this) These are all big issues for me, I can't stand seeing this ignorance. I know sometimes it is just a typo but it still drives me nuts.

It only bothers me when it's someone who is simultaneously trying to correct someone else's grammar (or more often, their "grammer"). I have a few friends really bothered by it, so I confess I'll occasionally post something to their fb like:

I'm so threw with you're getting sew upset with how people should of spelled they're when they mean their, like those too houses over thataway.

It's usually the "should of" that pushes them over the edge.

I used to have a boss like this. She was a horrible, lying, racist wench anyway, but her ignorant grammar corrections made me twitch. She was constantly correcting memos and sending them back around with her edits, but she would say "mute point" and "I seen" constantly. Rawr!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Now I want to know which one it was! Hope you can smooth things out with the fiance. Have you resolved the problem? Kind of hard to get over it until then.

The problem, sadly, isn't one that can be resolved in a night. I don't know if anyone else is in an interracial relationship, and normally, I don't even think about it, but issues have come up recently with his friends not appreciating my whiteness being involved with him. And I've finally had a tiny taste of what he has had to deal with for a very long time, and it's opened up my eyes, and makes me realize how selfish I can be about some things. But the issue for me, is I don't bring that stuff home. I never make racial jokes, or comment, but he is forever joking around every time we have a difference in opinion and says it is because I am white. I feel like he is putting a big space between us by bringing those types of comments into our relationships. Like he is highlighting a meaningless difference. (Not meaningless in the world in general it seems, but in terms of our relationship)

And that was a whole lot more personal and ranting than I wanted it to be. SORRY! To stay on topic, confession wise: Sometimes I think I would be happier if I just stayed huge. Because when you're bigger people don't notice anything about you except your weight. And that is comfortable, because it is like a disguise.

I was in a relationship with a guy of another race and he was forever pointing out differences & making comments about it, things I never would've even noticed or thought of. I felt the same way you do, like he was putting a big space between us over something that shouldn't have mattered. We weren't together for a long time so I'll never know if it would've become an issue (he had some other major issues that led to us breaking up!) but it was eye opening for me.

I hope you two can work it out!

That sucks.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess that I haven't read the most recent Stephen King books, even though I've read all the others (agreed about the Stand... end kinda sucked, but I still loved that book). To be honest, I read them all pretty much in a year when I was 14 so I've forgotten most of them...

I did like Firehouse Sub, but a medium was not enough for me (I got the New York Steamer without mayo on wheat). So I went home and finished last night's shepherd's pie too. That's what happens I guess when you're up at 4.30am and have breakfast at 6am because you're starving.

Confession - I actually feel sad for people who are so proud to be 'clean eating'. I kinda pity them because they deprive themselves of delicious foods for no reason. I always feel obligated to reply that I've lost 80 pounds eating 'bad' food.

I'm glad you got to try it. I really like it. Would you go back? Maybe try something different, the hero, or hook and ladder. I never finish my whole sandwich because I devour my chips and most of my 32 oz. Dr. Pepper. Glad you tried it and like it though. :smile:

I might go back. I don't know. I'm a bread snob and I'd rather have a good old baguette on my subs I guess... plus it would probably be more filling.

My confession is that someone mentioned on another thread that grilled cheese sandwiches is the first thing they learned how to cook... I have no idea how to make a grilled cheese. Quite sure that when I tried, it was burned outside and the cheese wasn't melted enough.

Grilled cheese was literally the first thing all 4 of my kids learned to cook and I can remember my oldest cooking the thing on like 8 out of 10 heat. Just like you described, black outside, half-melted cheese at best inside. On our electric range, the perfect heat is 4-5 out of 10 (medium heat) and it takes about 4 minutes the first side, 2.5-3 on the second to make perfect, golden brown grilled cheese. The kids like theirs less toasted, so it's more like 3 and 3 minutes.

That was me. I used to babysit my younger sister in the summers and I'd make grilled cheese for her and several of her friends (and myself, of course). Loved it. We had a perfect square pan for making 4 at a time.

My dad taught me how to make grilled cheese. I didn't realize until I was an adult that most people don't butter the inside on the sandwich. He would layer it butter, bread, cheese, butter, cheese, bread, butter. It makes me feel queasy thinking about it now... But every now and then I am tempted to make it that way.
  • kibee41
    kibee41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.