Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

I do wish I actually had purple hair though

I'm thinking of dying my hair black again but add some purple streaks, but it might not be appropriate for a 36yo SAHM. Mostly I'm too cheap to pay for that I think.

Confession - I'm already dreading Easter. We were supposed to stay home but we got invited by my sister in law, and with PMS here I know it's going to be hard to stick to my deficit this week to save calories for it. And I'm peeved about it because I actually had a chance to reach my goal weight this month, after being 2-3 pounds away since last May. Plus it's my birthday in 10 days and we're going to a nice restaurant and that's just too many 'cheat' days in a short amount of time, so I'm stressing out about it.

I realize I stress out too much about food but I can't help it.

What's "appropriate" for a 36yo SAHM?
    I'll be 33 next month and am a SAHM... I've had my hair all different colors. And this week I plan on changing my brunette hair to "darkest blue". It's almost black... But it's not. Lol.
    I've had my hair BRIGHT red before, and MAGENTA about a year ago.
    zanxgt1psmke.jpg

I say go for an outrageous color. You only live once! Enjoy your time while you have it. :)

That looks awesome!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Every time I mention wanting to have a purple streak in my hair, my DH says, "What are you, twelve?"

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

Pretty easy to achieve, particularly now that the "unnatural" hair colours seem to be trendy again. You can probably get either permanent or wash-out dye.

Not sure how well they cover darker hair though. Might be necessary to do a colour strip first, and I think that's kinda hard on your hair.

I just want a skinny little teal streak.
    I'm thinking of dying my hair black again but add some purple streaks, but it might not be appropriate for a 36yo SAHM. Mostly I'm too cheap to pay for that I think.

• ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    The latest mfp Hello Healthy blog: Peep This

Really?

Yes really - 'cos MFP doesn't have enought Peeps already @tincanonastring
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    We have Cold Stone Creamery here but I've only eaten there once. :neutral_face: I'm never temped to go there either. Now, DQ, yum! aka, in for the Blizzards.

I worked at DQ while in high school and invented some new Blizzard flavors. Hot fudge mint Oreo was my greatest achievement. I managed to gain 15 lbs. during the 5 months I worked there. It was totally worth it! :D

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

Pretty easy to achieve, particularly now that the "unnatural" hair colours seem to be trendy again. You can probably get either permanent or wash-out dye.

Not sure how well they cover darker hair though. Might be necessary to do a colour strip first, and I think that's kinda hard on your hair.

I got highlights this past weekend, but the hairdresser did it all wrong. I now want to color my highlights lavender, but I am a bridesmaid in two weddings coming up and I'm sure that won't be appreciated.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Every time I mention wanting to have a purple streak in my hair, my DH says, "What are you, twelve?"

I've had my hair with teal layers in it (so my natural brown on top and below) which looked pretty cool - until work changed their clothing policy and "unnatural" hair colours weren't allowed (although my boss's red-purple which looked totally fake was OK?). I do have a fancy purple wig for when I want crazy hair and a little dark brown bob one for when I want short hair. I thnk one of my mini-goal celebrations will be buying another from ebay - I've always wanted green hair...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

So then I might be the only person in the world that doesn't like him

I don't like him, but I admit it's only because I'm a Bears fan. I expect I'd like him if he played for the Bears. However, if you want to give reasons not to like him, I will enjoy them.

Lots of Bears fans on this thread I've noticed. :)

Why I don't like Aaron Rodgers...a) It's definitely not skills because he's good, but I think he's arrogant. b) I see him as "too Californian" Like he dates actresses and does hot yoga. I know it's perception because I have friends that said they were surprised he was dating Olivia Munn because they thought he was more down to earth than that. Down to earth is not my impression of Aaron Rodgers. c) I also think he blames everyone else when things go wrong and doesn't take criticism well. d) Who am I kidding, I was never going to like the guy that replaced Brett Favre.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »

I've had my hair with teal layers in it (so my natural brown on top and below) which looked pretty cool - until work changed their clothing policy and "unnatural" hair colours weren't allowed (although my boss's red-purple which looked totally fake was OK?). I do have a fancy purple wig for when I want crazy hair and a little dark brown bob one for when I want short hair. I thnk one of my mini-goal celebrations will be buying another from ebay - I've always wanted green hair...

My daughter has had her hair blonde, black, bright red, blonde with purple and pink streaks, blonde with blue streaks (now). I'd like to try something outrageous, but my employer has this rule, too. No "unnatural" hair colors allowed. Ah well, I guess they think it's "unprofessional".
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My hero

Yesterday there was a lightning deal on Amazon for a box of 48 Cadbury eggs. I don't have to tell you what happened next.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We have Cold Stone Creamery here but I've only eaten there once. :neutral_face: I'm never temped to go there either. Now, DQ, yum! aka, in for the Blizzards.

I worked at DQ while in high school and invented some new Blizzard flavors. Hot fudge mint Oreo was my greatest achievement. I managed to gain 15 lbs. during the 5 months I worked there. It was totally worth it! :D

Wow, you worked there, lucky you! Did you ever get just sick of ice cream at all? I wonder if I would or not ... Some old friends worked at McDonald's in HS and I used to think 'best job ever' they all said they got sick of it plus if we hung out right after their work I swear they all stunk to high heck like fry grease.

It's like Guy Fiere(sp?) and Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives. I watch his show and think he has the best job ever. LOL
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »

That's why I'm happy they have those temporary spray in colors or hair chalk now. My job has similar restrictions on "unnatural" hair color for office personnel. Totally sucks.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I worked at DQ in high school (and college), but it was before Blizzards were a thing. I used to make thick shakes in various flavors. My favorite thing to do was add the chocolate for dip cones to the ice cream and mix it with the shake blender. It was my own chocolate chip blizzard before blizzards were invented.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm preparing to cut some of the folks who haven't logged in/never post/disappear and reappear at random off my friends list to trim it down...and I'm giddy about it. I'm a special kind of jerk sometimes.

I message inactive pals on 2 days, I cut them after 4 days of inactivity. DO EET, it's liberating.

Ruthless! I give em at least 2 weeks. Unless they are people I know personally who stopped logging for certain reasons.

Confession: it's more liberating for me to clear out my Facebook friends list than MFP.

I like to give them at least a week, unless it's a pattern of missing 4 days, logging for 3, missing two, logging for 5, missing 5, etc.

I give the IRL people a pass. Though @ladybuggnorris and her "MFP glitched, I swear!" plan is still tempting. Ha!

She has not logged in to find out yet. BIG surprise!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Wow, you worked there, lucky you! Did you ever get just sick of ice cream at all? I wonder if I would or not ... Some old friends worked at McDonald's in HS and I used to think 'best job ever' they all said they got sick of it plus if we hung out right after their work I swear they all stunk to high heck like fry grease.

It's like Guy Fiere(sp?) and Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives. I watch his show and think he has the best job ever. LOL

I once worked in a bakery. I was responsible for coming in at 4am and putting frosting on the donuts that needed it. I was the only person in the bakery from 4am-5:30am. This was something like 18 years ago, and I still don't eat donuts. The thought of them make my stomach turn. A lot of broken donuts can be consumed in an hour and a half. Hey, I was saving food, they would be thrown out otherwise!

My daughter worked at McDonald's for 2 years. To this day, she refuses to eat their food. She also worked at Taco Bell for 6 months or so. She still loves TB, even though her descriptions of how their food is "prepared" is pretty icky. Go figure.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Confession - I'm already dreading Easter. We were supposed to stay home but we got invited by my sister in law, and with PMS here I know it's going to be hard to stick to my deficit this week to save calories for it. And I'm peeved about it because I actually had a chance to reach my goal weight this month, after being 2-3 pounds away since last May. Plus it's my birthday in 10 days and we're going to a nice restaurant and that's just too many 'cheat' days in a short amount of time, so I'm stressing out about it.

I realize I stress out too much about food but I can't help it.

What's "appropriate" for a 36yo SAHM?
    I'll be 33 next month and am a SAHM... I've had my hair all different colors. And this week I plan on changing my brunette hair to "darkest blue". It's almost black... But it's not. Lol.
    I've had my hair BRIGHT red before, and MAGENTA about a year ago.
    zanxgt1psmke.jpg

I say go for an outrageous color. You only live once! Enjoy your time while you have it. :)

I LOVE your hair color. You are beyond gorgeous! I say, it is hair, it will always grow back if you hate it and cut it off!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

It's made by Peanut Butter and Company. It's amazing. They sell it on Amazon (that was my next choice if I couldn't find it in the stores. Lol).

ja53ttu6kgvx.jpg

Oh my goodness. I have never heard of this before. But I may have to try it....after I get to my goal weight!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I worked in two bakeries for a year. Never got sick of the food. Had some type of croissant or pastry every day, sometimes two.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I worked in two bakeries for a year. Never got sick of the food. Had some type of croissant or pastry every day, sometimes two.

I worked at Arbys for a couple years, I still like their food. There was nothing gross about how we prepared food :) (at least not at our location).
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

My hair is fine and dry. It's also falling out like crazy. It doesn't hold colour at all, it will fade to a straw colour within a couple weeks. And bleaching it would probably leave me bald.

Unfortunately, it's not "just hair" to everyone and it might not grow back :( Perhaps I should just invest in colourful wigs...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

So then I might be the only person in the world that doesn't like him

I don't like him, but I admit it's only because I'm a Bears fan. I expect I'd like him if he played for the Bears. However, if you want to give reasons not to like him, I will enjoy them.

Lots of Bears fans on this thread I've noticed. :)

Why I don't like Aaron Rodgers...a) It's definitely not skills because he's good, but I think he's arrogant. b) I see him as "too Californian" Like he dates actresses and does hot yoga. I know it's perception because I have friends that said they were surprised he was dating Olivia Munn because they thought he was more down to earth than that. Down to earth is not my impression of Aaron Rodgers. c) I also think he blames everyone else when things go wrong and doesn't take criticism well. d) Who am I kidding, I was never going to like the guy that replaced Brett Favre.

Oh, I love the hot yoga tidbit!