Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I manage a warehouse as part of my other duties as assigned portion of my job, and I have one guy that (instead of calling or god for bid emails) someone will walk to their desk/office to let them know that he'll be bringing their requested items to them at a later time.

I can't manage stupid. I really can't.

OK, maybe so, but I hate it when people send a simple question via email when they are sitting in the office next door. You can't take 10 steps and ask me in person? I already get too much email.

For the effort, of walking to someone to tell them he'll bring it later, he could have just taken the item.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Yesterday I got a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears but didn't want 200 calories worth so I threw the green ones out of the car window as I drove down the highway.

But why throw out the best ones???

Green are the best ones? Do you have a fever or something? Next thing you will say the red ones are the worst ones.

Oh no no no...red are second best. Yellow are the worst.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears but didn't want 200 calories worth so I threw the green ones out of the car window as I drove down the highway.

Green are the best ones? Do you have a fever or something? Next thing you will say the red ones are the worst ones.

Yellow is always the worst. Starbust, Swedish fish, Snow. ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I just put both my boys down for a nap and am craving my addiction food (cake) so badly. I don't have any in the house and I put the kids down for a nap because I will not wake them up to drag them to the store. I am considering my options of what on hand I have to curb my sweet tooth. I have single pack cookies, one more jello temptation cheesecake... Christmas candy... chocolate milk. Ugh.... ANY quiet cardio I can do instead?

Walk / march in place and do arm circles or move them like you are doing jumping jacks. The moves will be quiet but it will get your heart rate up! Plus, if you keep doing this every time you crave sweets you will create a new habit: crave a sweet? move your body instead. You can do it!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I manage a warehouse as part of my other duties as assigned portion of my job, and I have one guy that (instead of calling or god for bid emails) someone will walk to their desk/office to let them know that he'll be bringing their requested items to them at a later time.

Oh my. Is he new? Or been there too long and/or doesn't like technology? Or is he just one of those people that HAVE to be interacting and talking to people at all times? Either way, I empathize with your frustration.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

OK, maybe so, but I hate it when people send a simple question via email when they are sitting in the office next door. You can't take 10 steps and ask me in person? I already get too much email.

For the effort, of walking to someone to tell them he'll bring it later, he could have just taken the item.

Ah, gotcha. I read it to mean that the requested item wasn't available yet. LOL
    I'm in distribution, it's usually silly to walk all the way to somebody's office for anything. If they are managing their people, they shouldn't be in there during the shift.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

My favorites are actually the yellow ones. I don't care for the red ones... that's for Haribo, though, I don't like starbust or Swedish fish...
    I just put both my boys down for a nap and am craving my addiction food (cake) so badly. I don't have any in the house and I put the kids down for a nap because I will not wake them up to drag them to the store. I am considering my options of what on hand I have to curb my sweet tooth. I have single pack cookies, one more jello temptation cheesecake... Christmas candy... chocolate milk. Ugh.... ANY quiet cardio I can do instead?

Well, in my experience... Have some cake. Because you'll eat chocolate milk, candy, jello to get rid of the craving... and it won't work... and in the end you'll end up having all that plus the cake you were craving in the first place. So look up a recipe for a single serving of cake, or go buy a single serving of cake somewhere, eat it, have a light dinner, and move on. Or if not today, make room for it in your day tomorrow... or the next day. But don't eat other things just helping it will help... it won't, and will just add extra calories than you wouldn't have eaten otherwise.

Seriously. I give myself 200ish calories (ok sometimes 300) to use on what I'm craving. I haven't binged once since I stopped restricting myself.

So I sticked to my plan for lunch... except I had an appetizer, and it was definitely not the healthiest... duck mac and cheese croquettes. Totally worth it though (probably 450 calories worth, I had 3 out of 5).
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Oh my. Is he new? Or been there too long and/or doesn't like technology? Or is he just one of those people that HAVE to be interacting and talking to people at all times? Either way, I empathize with your frustration.

He's a nice guy, I don't think he gets a lot of intelligent conversation at home.
  • hollymlb1
    Options
    I don't log my beverages most days. Usually its water and noncaloric diet pop but every once in awhile its something with calories and I still don't log it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm so sad that the Crab thread got deleted. That was the Best Thread Ever.
    I'm sad that I never even peeked into that one. I just snorted at the title and figured it was a typo and would quickly spiral out of control like all the low carb ones tend to. What happened?

The best collection of seafood-related diet puns ever. That thread should have been stickied, not deleted.

I didn't feel like people were making fun of the OP, they were just HAVING fun.

Yes, that thing should have been preserved! I didn't feel she was being made fun of either, but I don't think she ever came back and I was concerned she'd leave MFP altogether. Hope not.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.

ugh...people...green. Green gummy bears, green apple jolly ranchers, sour apple dumdums...go green! Unless it's a sucker from Frisch's Big Boy or a popsicle, then go orange. After that comes purple. Then red. But never blue or yellow.
  • Carlos_421
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: our local grocer used to stock bags of jolly ranchers that were all green apple. I would get them and keep several in my pocket at all times like an old man with peppermints.

I'm still sad they no longer carry the green only bag.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I was at work and had to make a choice, a small red Laffy Taffy or one of those 2 pack Starburst, I really wanted Starburst. I said "watch it be freaking yellow or orange". I opened the wrapper and I got 2 yellow ones. Everyone laughed at me

That's the saddest story I've ever heard...

z92a5qb5kmf2.jpg
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Confession: our local grocer used to stock bags of jolly ranchers that were all green apple. I would get them and keep several in my pocket at all times like an old man with peppermints.

But you can buy a box of green only online;

http://www.candywarehouse.com/colors/green-candy/products/green-apple-jolly-rancher-hard-candy-160-piece-box/
  • nikkishastid
    nikkishastid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I starved myself on Saturday so I could go out and get wasted. Then ended up going to jack in the box anyways....I love those damn tacos!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I was already over my goal after lunch so I had a Lindt truffle, just because 'at this point 80 calories isn't going to make a difference'.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

But you can buy a box of green only online;

http://www.candywarehouse.com/colors/green-candy/products/green-apple-jolly-rancher-hard-candy-160-piece-box/

Oh snap...now hide and watch if I don't order them. Thanks!