Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JennyOne2277
    JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    mhecht32 wrote: »

I confess that I buy bags chocolate chips with intents to make cookies. Will open a said bag and say, " I'll just have a few to cut the sugar crave", and then have, in general, consumed all chocolate chips in secret over a matter of days. I hide them in my spice cupboard, and so my husband never knows there is chocolate around. I also have been caught eating the chips, and instead of saying I was eating chocolate chips, told him they were grapes and shoved what was in my hand in my mouth so he couldn't see.

I keep mine in the freezer. SO GOOD!!!

I put mine in the fridge...hidden.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got pissed at my husband because I've been up since 5am and I'm exhausted and need a nap, but I can't nap because he went for a nap first, and someone has to keep an eye on the kids.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    I hope this thread is really non-judgmental.

I hate when people tell me they hope they look as good as me when they get to be "my age."

I agree - that's a back-handed compliment if I've ever heard one. On the other hand, you're damn attractive and I wish I looked as good as you now! ;)

Thanks! B)

And by the way, I'm not too fond of PopTarts either. o:)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Russian, I got in a screaming fight with a neighbor the other day.

I've never seen this old guy before, but when I went to move my laundry he was in the laundry room and he started talking to me in Russian in a very animated way. I could tell that he was using numbers and talking about times, and my guess is that somebody moved his clothes--it wasn't me though. One of the only things that I can remember is how to say is "I don't speak Russian." Unfortunately, I can say that with perfect grammar and a really good accent...so he didn't believe me. He started screaming at me in a language that I don't really understand anymore...I tried to explain in calm, simple English. No dice--he kept ranting.

Since English wasn't working, I started screaming back at him, in Spanish. It's kind of funny now, but in the moment it was really stressful.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    OK, so you can't say *kitten* here. Can you say *kitten*?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

I kind of food that. I break the edges off then eat the middle of the Pop Tart first the I eat the edges last.

I eat the edges first to get the over with (kind of like how I always eat my veggies first) then I get to the center (aka the good stuff)

Me too! Always save the best for last

I used to do this with all foods and then at some point I realized that I was costing myself calories on foods (or parts of foods) I didn't even like! What a waste. So, I embarked on what I call the "eat what you like" diet. Now I only eat the foods and parts of foods I determine are the "best". Sounds wasteful, but it's really not.

For example, before I went low carb I realized I'd eat two bowls of soup just to have a couple of slices of buttered bread to dip in the broth. I realized I didn't even like all that soup, so I just got a tiny bowl of soup, mainly broth, and had the bread. Anyway, it sounds silly now that I typed it out, but I still eat only what I really like and discard the rest.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    "sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that."

You are not alone. I can't PB in moderation. If the jar is around my boyfriend needs to take the jar out of death grip! LMAO. My boyfriend searched for an alternative and discovered PB2 from Whole Foods. It is a peanut powder. I add 1 tbsp of water in 2 tbsp powder and voila! I have peanut butter for 45 calories compared to 190 calories of regular PB. Of course it's not as rich and creamy as the real PB but it satisfies my craving!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Apparently not. :) It really should star out bad works with the correct number of characters.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

JPW1990 wrote: »

I hate when people tell me they hope they look as good as me when they get to be "my age."

or the related, "wow, you don't look that old." Thanks? I guess?

I get it all the time when I'm talking about my kids. You don't look old enough to have a 21 year old.

Thanks?

Are they trying to get me to tell them how old I am? I'm tired of fielding this one, and tired of saying "Oh, I had them when I was a baby. Heh heh."
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

When I used to eat pop tarts, I'd eat the parts that had no frosting on them last because they were my favorite. Unless it was brown sugar cinnamon, then I'd just destroy the whole thing.

Now I want pop tarts.
  • didda1
    didda1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've wiggled around my budget a little, and have found cash for an every 2 week junk food binge. I will seriously eat an entire bag of chips AND have a pop, every other Saturday night. It's glorious. I don't have to make this from scratch. It comes in a package. The sound of opening that bag, and cracking that can of pop is near bliss.
    It has become my favourite thing of all time.
    I'm still losing weight, so I can justify this lol.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I confess that I haven't eaten a pop tart in years but when I did, I would eat all the edges off first because that was my favorite part. Kind of like pie crust which is my favorite part of pie :)

Edit: Feel free to save up your uneaten pop tart edges and mail them to me.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »

I kind of food that. I break the edges off then eat the middle of the Pop Tart first the I eat the edges last.

I eat the edges first to get the over with (kind of like how I always eat my veggies first) then I get to the center (aka the good stuff)

Me too! Always save the best for last

I used to do this with all foods and then at some point I realized that I was costing myself calories on foods (or parts of foods) I didn't even like! What a waste. So, I embarked on what I call the "eat what you like" diet. Now I only eat the foods and parts of foods I determine are the "best". Sounds wasteful, but it's really not.

For example, before I went low carb I realized I'd eat two bowls of soup just to have a couple of slices of buttered bread to dip in the broth. I realized I didn't even like all that soup, so I just got a tiny bowl of soup, mainly broth, and had the bread. Anyway, it sounds silly now that I typed it out, but I still eat only what I really like and discard the rest.

Hm. That's actually smart. I don't finish reading books that I don't like anymore, why would I eat the parts of food I don't like?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I get it all the time when I'm talking about my kids. You don't look old enough to have a 21 year old.

Thanks?

Are they trying to get me to tell them how old I am? I'm tired of fielding this one, and tired of saying "Oh, I had them when I was a baby. Heh heh."

I went back to school in my 30's. It was the double whammy of being surrounded by 18 and 19 year olds, and then having them tell me indirectly how "old" I was at 37.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thanks?

I went back to school in my 30's. It was the double whammy of being surrounded by 18 and 19 year olds, and then having them tell me indirectly how "old" I was at 37.

I had the opposite problem--I taught my first college class when I was 19. It was just community ed, but having students more than twice my age was awkward. I'm sure that none of them knew how young I actually was, but still...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    AshZie wrote: »

I confess that I haven't eaten a pop tart in years but when I did, I would eat all the edges off first because that was my favorite part. Kind of like pie crust which is my favorite part of pie :)

Edit: Feel free to save up your uneaten pop tart edges and mail them to me.

I'll send you my pie crusts: I only eat the insides.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I've never had a Pop Tart, ever.
  • emily9423
    emily9423 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

I weigh myself daily too! I know you're not supposed to but I can't help it!
  • DLD1877
    DLD1877 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    emily9423 wrote: »
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

I weigh myself daily too! I know you're not supposed to but I can't help it!

Also guilty of weighing myself daily... on good days it's good and on bad days it's BAD
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had to work really hard not to judge a post right now. I had a reply all typed up, and then just deleted, working on my willfulness lately!

Last night my fiance and I had a big ol' fight. He left and picked up dinner for himself, nevermind that I took out meat and made dinner plans. Soooo I didn't eat dinner, I was so angry, and so hungry but I just couldn't go out into the living area in order to cook up a meal for one, while we were both seething in rage in a small space.

Luckily, I have been over my calories the days prior so it put me back on track for the week, but I know it's not healthy, so I am eating a good sized portion of breakfast today.

Confession: I'm still angry, so angry, but he wasn't, so I swallowed that down and am willing myself to get over it

d2a7iv9jqhl2.jpg