Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    landfish wrote: »
    I feel like a failure as a parent because my 14 year old is having serious emotional issues and my daughter is already fairly overweight at 10 years old.

Don;t beat yourself up! Help them with what you can (which I'm sure you are doing), but as a parent, you can only control so much. Our children are unique, individual people with minds of their own. Yes, they have our guidance and influence, but if they have problems of any kind (and they will - there are NO perfect children or parents) all you can do is support them, offer them assistance, and lead by example. Hugs! I hope your family is healthy and happy soon.

My 12yo son is so scrawny, he borders on underweight (5'7and 1/4" and 98lbs). I wonder sometimes if people look at him, then look at my fat self, and think that I am under-feeding him due to my obvious weight issues.

I only wonder this occasionally, and it's freaking genetics (my husband was 6' and 135lbs when he left for college and he grew up eating hot dogs/cheese dogs, kraft dinner, grilled cheese and buttered spaghetti as his staple meals). The boy pounds down ridiculous amounts of food daily.

My 9 year old daughter is a twig and eats WAY more food then I do. *pouts*
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Confessions:

I cannot stand touching wet skin. (Not my own but I avoid touching other people's wet skin if possible as it makes me nauseous.) I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

Interesting....

I CANNOT touch wood! Finished wood like a coffee table is fine, but no kind of raw wood! When my daughter left for school this fall, I had to search high and low for a rolling pin made of marble! If the wood is wet, it is even worse, just looking at it will give me goosebumps!

And do not even get me started on ice cream on a stick! ONE OF MY WORSE NIGHTMARES! I cannot even watch other people eat it without cringing!

I cannot touch cotton balls or stryofoam. If I have bloodwork done, I asked for a piece of tissue and if a package has &@#%ing styrofoam, my husband has to unpack it while I cover my ears and sing so I can't hear it.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

My confession is that this sentence kind of broke my brain.

Also that I like the pinecone thing.

I cannot stand touching corduroy. I totally get the "gag" aspect that you are talking about.

Also, the grammar error that makes me cringe is "I seen that." When you start a sentence with "I seen...", I am automatically going to assume that you are not going to end it with, "the inside of a book." I see, I saw, I have seen!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my daughter to the movies tonight and I think I might have movie nachos. I love those nasty things.
    I don't know if it will fit in my day and I don't really care...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I had to work really hard not to judge a post right now. I had a reply all typed up, and then just deleted, working on my willfulness lately!

Last night my fiance and I had a big ol' fight. He left and picked up dinner for himself, nevermind that I took out meat and made dinner plans. Soooo I didn't eat dinner, I was so angry, and so hungry but I just couldn't go out into the living area in order to cook up a meal for one, while we were both seething in rage in a small space.

Luckily, I have been over my calories the days prior so it put me back on track for the week, but I know it's not healthy, so I am eating a good sized portion of breakfast today.

Confession: I'm still angry, so angry, but he wasn't, so I swallowed that down and am willing myself to get over it

d2a7iv9jqhl2.jpg

Uh oh! Now you're going to get accused of promoting domestic violence! Not from me obviously. I've just seen it happen here (and I just shake my head in disbelief).
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I came to the gym and the squat racks are all in use as freaking usual so I can't lift. So I an doing cardio on the stationary bike so that I can dink on MFP while I work out.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.

ugh...people...green. Green gummy bears, green apple jolly ranchers, sour apple dumdums...go green! Unless it's a sucker from Frisch's Big Boy or a popsicle, then go orange. After that comes purple. Then red. But never blue or yellow.

I get super pissed off if I eat a green candy (which to me, means it should be freaking lime or lemon-lime) and it's some bullcrap sour apple or watermelon "flavor". ICK!!!

Green as spearmint is also okay.

Skittles are the only candy where I like red more than green.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

My confession is that this sentence kind of broke my brain.

Also that I like the pinecone thing.

I cannot stand touching corduroy. I totally get the "gag" aspect that you are talking about.

Also, the grammar error that makes me cringe is "I seen that." When you start a sentence with "I seen...", I am automatically going to assume that you are not going to end it with, "the inside of a book." I see, I saw, I have seen!

Oh my, that is so true and made me laugh. Good thing I'm alone in the office right now.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I had to work really hard not to judge a post right now. I had a reply all typed up, and then just deleted, working on my willfulness lately!

Last night my fiance and I had a big ol' fight. He left and picked up dinner for himself, nevermind that I took out meat and made dinner plans. Soooo I didn't eat dinner, I was so angry, and so hungry but I just couldn't go out into the living area in order to cook up a meal for one, while we were both seething in rage in a small space.

Luckily, I have been over my calories the days prior so it put me back on track for the week, but I know it's not healthy, so I am eating a good sized portion of breakfast today.

Confession: I'm still angry, so angry, but he wasn't, so I swallowed that down and am willing myself to get over it

d2a7iv9jqhl2.jpg

Uh oh! Now you're going to get accused of promoting domestic violence! Not from me obviously. I've just seen it happen here (and I just shake my head in disbelief).

METAPHORIC ROCKS PEOPLE!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    S'mores pop tarts are not safe around me.

Yes. My other favorites are chocolate fudge, cookie dough, and cherry.

Now, I'm craving Pop-Tarts.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    S'mores pop tarts are not safe around me.

Yes. My other favorites are chocolate fudge, cookie dough, and cherry.

Now, I'm craving Pop-Tarts.

They're the totally tasty thermal pastry. get u some
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.

ugh...people...green. Green gummy bears, green apple jolly ranchers, sour apple dumdums...go green! Unless it's a sucker from Frisch's Big Boy or a popsicle, then go orange. After that comes purple. Then red. But never blue or yellow.

I get super pissed off if I eat a green candy (which to me, means it should be freaking lime or lemon-lime) and it's some bullcrap sour apple or watermelon "flavor". ICK!!!

Green as spearmint is also okay.

Skittles are the only candy where I like red more than green.

I hate most green candies. The only green apple-flavored thing I will eat is a caramel apple sucker. I also dislike most orange-flavored things except for creamsicles and chocolate-orange combo. I hate watermelon anything. My favorite Starbursts are strawberry, cherry, and lemon.
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After about 3 months and 30 pounds, coworkers started commenting on my weight. I was surprised that several people asked me "why" I decided to lose weight since I "wasn't that bad before". I have no good answer to that. It is probably 60% for appearance reasons, 25% because I enjoy it, and 15% because of my health. But I don't want to sound like a narcissist and actually be honest about all that.

• daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't have an avatar because I am still embarrassed of how I look after 70 lbs.
    I think my (thin) parents love me more when I am thinner than when I am fat.
    My biggest fear is that my son will grow up to be fat and unhealthy and that it will be all my fault.
    My (overweight) husband thinks he is super-supportive, but he often sabotages my progress because he doesn't want to have to change.
    I never buy new clothes for myself because I don't feel like I deserve them...because I am still too fat (and probably always will be.
    I cried when I read some of the painful confessions some MFP members made and also laughed out loud at some (and read them all while my students were taking a test.)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

Much like @tincanonastring‌ I overreact to insignificant things.

That's a very common pronunciation of Missouri, especially for people who live in the Ozarks.

I get it though, I want to throw my laptop through the window every time I see "Your" used instead of "You're". It's incredibly common. I have no idea how people get away with this and have jobs.

I have a staff of editors at my company, and I have had TWO people apply, saying that they are, "detailed orientated."

...yet apparently not detailed oriented enough...

I lady who works in my old department refers to the life squad as an "ambliance." She also calls lemurs "madagascars." There's a whole list of these but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

my mum says digikal, fa-ji-tas etc there are others as well

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I am irked by someone very close to me who constantly says "supposebly" instead of "supposedly".

Or "morris code" instead of "morse code", same person ...

Not saying I am not guilty of mistakes, verbally, grammar, etc.. >:)
  • debrag12
    Options
    Confessions:

I cannot stand touching wet skin. (Not my own but I avoid touching other people's wet skin if possible as it makes me nauseous.) I also can't stand touching aluminum foil and cardboard. *gag*

Interesting....

I CANNOT touch wood! Finished wood like a coffee table is fine, but no kind of raw wood! When my daughter left for school this fall, I had to search high and low for a rolling pin made of marble! If the wood is wet, it is even worse, just looking at it will give me goosebumps!

And do not even get me started on ice cream on a stick! ONE OF MY WORSE NIGHTMARES! I cannot even watch other people eat it without cringing!

old plastic bags, that have been in the cupboard for too long - yuck!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I hate "supposebly" instead of "supposedly"
    and ...
    "Morris Code" instead of "MORSE code".

I know someone who is guilty of both all.the.time.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I reported my first post today. :neutral_face:
  • debrag12
    Options
    confession: I can't stand being trickled, I get so worked up, scream, get angry and out of breath. My partner does it for the fun of it, so I just push him out the bed. I hate being touched/stroked on my shoulders, sides, back or stomach. I'm too darn sensitive.