Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I had aspirations of doing some in depth, thoughtful, motivational blog post on my 1000th day of logging into mfp. Didn't happen.

Wow good job logging in! I'm jealous. :) I'm almost back at 90 days.

I've been around since about 2012 and I have to confess that one of the reasons I quit logging in a few years ago was because I missed a day on accident and lost a really good logging streak. I was so mad. I wish I wouldn't let little things like that get to me.

Wow! 1000 days of logging in. You're my hero. Really. I'm really geeky about that kind of thing. I'm on day 86 and already feel like I'd cry if i had to start at 1 again!
    I confess, I'm such a number nerd! I stopped my car a few months back to catch this epic moment:
    1fchb7ojh761.jpg

This IS Epic!!! That's amazing that even the temperature cooperated.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.

Well, that's silly! What did she do that for?! I retain water very easily and I HATE that feeling so I have to be very careful with my sodium intake, which is hard because I really only like salty / savory foods.
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

76 in South Carolina..enjoying 70 in Illinois today- rain sleet snow- yes snow in the forecast Friday..... Ahhhh good ole Illinois! Yuck!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    On the topic of hair...

I don't have a regular hair stylist. I know a lot of people that do hair, but I avoid getting my hair done by people I know. I don't want to get upset at them if they mess my hair up. I also used to be a receptionist at a salon, and it really upset me how bad the stylists there trash talked their clients... Even the ones they were friends with.

I've spent the last couple years getting my hair done by randoms. I hate it, but I know if I ask for recommendations, I'll just get referred to someone I know.

Do you have a cosmetology school near you? Yes, the stylists are students and just learning, but they are supervised and generally eager to do a great job AND the prices are reasonable. Just thought I'd throw that out there as an alternative for you.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    A 42oz bag of m&m's is going on lightning deal in about 12 minutes. Just in case anyone needs them.

Not in England. :disappointed: We seem to just have deodorant and suitcases.

Sad!
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am about to eat a whopper from BK
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

So then I might be the only person in the world that doesn't like him

In all fairness, when Cutler is your QB, what are you supposed to do? Us Bears fans have to have some QB to admire.

At least you have a qb. Try being a Vikings fan right now

I'm a Jets fan. Talk about lack of QB!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    rgunn02 wrote: »
    I'm too scared to stand on the scale to see what my weight is right now

Is it possible to get on the scale backwards, have someone else record your weight for you, and then after you feel ready (a couple weeks, months, etc.) you can weigh again? That way you at least have something to compare your progress to.
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I confess I only live in Illinois because I was born and raised here and feel obligated to stay close to my mom and dad to care for them as they age but have every intention of moving as soon as possible!!

I often exercise extra so I can eat more chocolate or ice cream

I have 4 laid back awesome boys and am grateful I never feel pressured to buy them name brand Uggs or NorthFace jackets or pay for things just to "keep up with the Jones" like my sister is with her teen daughter .... I do however have every intention of spoiling a granddaughter rotten should I ever have one!

I think I could be the dog lady and have meaningful relationships with
    My 4legged friends and not miss human companionship all that much!
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I cannot be trusted around chocolate. To the point where I lie about how much I've eaten, even though I know I'm only lying to myself. If I tell you I've had one brownie, it's safe to assume I've had two or three. I'm an addict.

I'm also not above eating hummus with a spoon if I don't have another hummus delivery vessel (my favorite being crackers).
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    On the topic of hair...

I don't have a regular hair stylist. I know a lot of people that do hair, but I avoid getting my hair done by people I know. I don't want to get upset at them if they mess my hair up. I also used to be a receptionist at a salon, and it really upset me how bad the stylists there trash talked their clients... Even the ones they were friends with.

I've spent the last couple years getting my hair done by randoms. I hate it, but I know if I ask for recommendations, I'll just get referred to someone I know.
    I was like this for years, and then found a hairdresser I really liked. Then she went on her own and works out of her basement now, so I go there. I love the way she cuts my hair, but don't like her colours any more - I think the lighting is bad in her basement maybe? Anyway, not sure what to do about it. I can't just not book with her because I know she'll call me.

I finally bit the bullet and "broke up" with my stylist of 20+ years 2 years ago. Per my earlier post, my previously fine, thin hair has finally grown and thickened up, but she still styled it the same way instead of adapting to it. My hair is naturally curly and she'd never get it completely dry, which meant that about 15 min. after I left her shop (and paid her $65.00) I had to go home immediately and re-do it myself! I got tired of doing that after about 3 times and just stopped going.

I now cut and color it myself and I'm much happier! Plus, saving money. I did send her a really nice card to say "Thank You" and a brief explanation of why I stopped coming in. Perhaps if this happens with another client she'll be aware.
  • LaceyKHarrison87
    LaceyKHarrison87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3Alice3 wrote: »
    I have done the hot chocolate powder thing. Just kept dipping the spoon in water and back in the powder, rinse and repeat. Was actually amazing so now I have to have the sachets instead of the big pot so I don't do it again haha.

Humm a confession. My daughter doesn't like crusts on her sandwiches so some days when I am prepping it I eat her crusts. There. I said it.

Am I not supposed to do that? Sometimes, I even put a little extra peanut butter around the edges so I can have a little bit when I eat her crust!

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    <--- I've eaten a donut with a peep on it. this will prevent me from buying a box of peeps and eating them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    <--- I've eaten a donut with a peep on it. this will prevent me from buying a box of peeps and eating them.

I'm very tempted to try Peep S'mores...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with posterior tibial tendinitis and am in a giant boot totally grounded from all things (walk, run, bike, lift) for four weeks. I cried right in the office. My entire deficit is because of my activity. I was eating over 2000 calories and losing. Now I'm down to 1600 to maintain 1350 to lose 1/2 a pound. A tiny part of me is glad because I was burned out but I have to really reign in my logging for the next month and it's mt birthday! Wah!

Sorry to hear about this... that must royally suck!

OTOH, you could always join the high-volume, low-weight arm workout club and build some enviable shoulders. Lol.

On an unrelated note, I discovered the other day that I can do hanging leg raises (NOT from a pullup, just dangling from my power rack) so I'm going to do those regularly. Just because I think they LOOK impressive... this despite the fact that I workout alone and nobody will actually see me.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I confess, I'm such a number nerd! I stopped my car a few months back to catch this epic moment:
    1fchb7ojh761.jpg

[/quote]

I have done this with some numbers on my car's odometer. I think its cool too!
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was 16 pounds away from goal and quit. I had lost 84 lbs. I gained back 46 lbs. Now I'm back at it but I'm so mad at myself and full of self loathing.
  • nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

So then I might be the only person in the world that doesn't like him

In all fairness, when Cutler is your QB, what are you supposed to do? Us Bears fans have to have some QB to admire.

At least you have a qb. Try being a Vikings fan right now

I'm a Jets fan. Talk about lack of QB!

I'm a 20 year + Redskins fan. Enough said!! Still love my skins though!

• Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kasey_Ford wrote: »
    When I'm fighting a craving, I eat other stuff to avoid the "bad" food and end up going way over my calories for the day. Also, I have no self-control when it comes to sweets. I've had to learn to just buy a serving instead of a package of something...I'm not done til it's all gone... :(

This is totally me with certain things. I try to buy the single serving stuff when it's available, but this weekend, I wanted plain tortilla chips and had to buy a regular sized bag. So after I ate what I wanted, I had to give the bag to someone in my house to hide from me! It sounds silly, but it worked. I didn't waste money throwing them away, and I have no idea where they are so I can't eat them all now :)!

I have a physically active 17 year old son who eats like a horse (he should he's always going and doing something like football practice, swim practice, beating up his friends in mock wrestling matches), and I give him leftovers. I know if he gets it, it will be gone from the house! lol
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

Congrats. That's harder than some people realize