Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Definitely happier now that I quit, trying to get my family to quit as well!

Save yourself the anguish, and just lead by example! Once they see how happy & healthy you are they'll go "hmmm" and start to connect the dots themselves.

If they truly have a problem, if you "try to get them to quit," they'll just drink more to spite you. Sad but true.

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.

Well, that's silly! What did she do that for?! I retain water very easily and I HATE that feeling so I have to be very careful with my sodium intake, which is hard because I really only like salty / savory foods.

I know... It's hard being friends with chronically late, running behind people. I should have just anticipated that she'd come late and hungry, but as an on time rule follower, I assume others will be the same.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I had aspirations of doing some in depth, thoughtful, motivational blog post on my 1000th day of logging into mfp. Didn't happen.

Wow good job logging in! I'm jealous. :) I'm almost back at 90 days.

I've been around since about 2012 and I have to confess that one of the reasons I quit logging in a few years ago was because I missed a day on accident and lost a really good logging streak. I was so mad. I wish I wouldn't let little things like that get to me.

Wow! 1000 days of logging in. You're my hero. Really. I'm really geeky about that kind of thing. I'm on day 86 and already feel like I'd cry if i had to start at 1 again!
    I confess, I'm such a number nerd! I stopped my car a few months back to catch this epic moment:

That's awesome! I make spreadsheets for EVERYTHING! I had multiples when we went to Disney last year. My grocery list is a spreadsheet...May need an intervention!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    On the topic of hair...

I don't have a regular hair stylist. I know a lot of people that do hair, but I avoid getting my hair done by people I know. I don't want to get upset at them if they mess my hair up. I also used to be a receptionist at a salon, and it really upset me how bad the stylists there trash talked their clients... Even the ones they were friends with.

I've spent the last couple years getting my hair done by randoms. I hate it, but I know if I ask for recommendations, I'll just get referred to someone I know.

Do you have a cosmetology school near you? Yes, the stylists are students and just learning, but they are supervised and generally eager to do a great job AND the prices are reasonable. Just thought I'd throw that out there as an alternative for you.

I do, and I've gone there, but I'm kind of at a place in my life now where an hour long haircut is a nice mini-getaway, and it's not as relaxing with a nervous student :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I used my blender bottle a second time today.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I confess that I started to get in shape for someone else and now that that isn't going to happen I have lost all ambition
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

Getting your money's worth it sounds like! Do you shake it obnoxiously to purposely annoy your co-workers? Pretty sure someone mentioned that on these boards recently...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.

Well, that's silly! What did she do that for?! I retain water very easily and I HATE that feeling so I have to be very careful with my sodium intake, which is hard because I really only like salty / savory foods.

I know... It's hard being friends with chronically late, running behind people. I should have just anticipated that she'd come late and hungry, but as an on time rule follower, I assume others will be the same.

Oh, I share this same curse! I have finally learned to only be on time when it matters: work, doctor's appts., etc. Everything else? I have an "I'll get there when I get there" attitude.

Almost everyone arrives late for holidays and family events and I was tired of being there way ahead of everyone else (this is my husband's fault as well; he likes to be earlier than I do) because I felt like we were the "welcoming committee". Then we'd be there the longest waiting for all the other stragglers to show up. So annoying.

My husband still insists on being there first, so most times now I just drive separately and get there with the rest of the bunch.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

Getting your money's worth it sounds like! Do you shake it obnoxiously to purposely annoy your co-workers? Pretty sure someone mentioned that on these boards recently...

No, I went home for lunch, shook there, brought it back to my office with me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

Oh, I share this same curse! I have finally learned to only be on time when it matters: work, doctor's appts., etc. Everything else? I have an "I'll get there when I get there" attitude.

Almost everyone arrives late for holidays and family events and I was tired of being there way ahead of everyone else (this is my husband's fault as well; he likes to be earlier than I do) because I felt like we were the "welcoming committee". Then we'd be there the longest waiting for all the other stragglers to show up. So annoying.

My husband still insists on being there first, so most times now I just drive separately and get there with the rest of the bunch.

I insist on being places first when I want something.

ie New Video Game Releases, Concert Ticket Sales (I camped out at Boscovs to get Tool Tickets, I was the only person able to buy 2 tickets at the store, it sold out in 8 seconds)...

And I'm generally early/on time to everything else.
  • xMrBunglex
    Options
    JayStu wrote: »
    I confess that I started to get in shape for someone else and now that that isn't going to happen I have lost all ambition

Doesn't she have friends? (evil laugh)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

*Steps on GRUMPY OLD PEOPLE'S soapbox*
    I blame cellphones. Because it's so easy to text "Running 10 mins late", people do. I find it rude and inconsiderate.
  • xMrBunglex
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

Congrats. That's harder than some people realize

Truth. And thank you!

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I write down all my food for the day in a notebook and then add to MFP through out the day as I weigh/measure. My food right now is pretty much written down clear up until next Tuesday, and what's written is already added to my diary ...
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am more likely to go to an "expensive" restaurant when I'm alone than I would with my kids. Not because they are rude and loud but because I don't want to pay more if it's not good.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm preparing to cut some of the folks who haven't logged in/never post/disappear and reappear at random off my friends list to trim it down...and I'm giddy about it. I'm a special kind of jerk sometimes.

I message inactive pals on 2 days, I cut them after 4 days of inactivity. DO EET, it's liberating.

Ruthless! I give em at least 2 weeks. Unless they are people I know personally who stopped logging for certain reasons.

Confession: it's more liberating for me to clear out my Facebook friends list than MFP.

I like to give them at least a week, unless it's a pattern of missing 4 days, logging for 3, missing two, logging for 5, missing 5, etc.

I give the IRL people a pass. Though @ladybuggnorris and her "MFP glitched, I swear!" plan is still tempting. Ha!

You would all cut me. I log every single day in a paper diary, it's just I only get on to MFP a few times a week, so I log several days at once on here. I never miss a day, I'm just a late logger. But it doesn't matter, as I confess I've never understood the friend aspect of MFP and have no idea what it is for and what difference it makes. I'm a crap online person.

Same here. I'm a terrible friend here, which is the only reason I haven't requested friends, particularly from this thread. I've "met" so many cool people here! But, I don't use MFP the way most do, so I've accepted friend requests, but I don't log food or make posts on people's walls.

Me three. I only log food to track protein/sodium/fiber and for two-week periods my SO is the cook so I'm guesstimating wildly anyway. I'm grateful enough that he cooks (I hate it) so I'd never ask him to measure. Plus we tend to eat out a fair bit.

AND sometimes I come on here in a hurry, so I skip over the home page a lot to get to my diary. However, I only have a few friends so it is kinda cool to watch them achieve their goals.

I almost wish MFP would post "ythannah hit her protein goal" or "ythannah was under her sodium limit" some days so my friends would have something to cheer for.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm preparing to cut some of the folks who haven't logged in/never post/disappear and reappear at random off my friends list to trim it down...and I'm giddy about it. I'm a special kind of jerk sometimes.

I message inactive pals on 2 days, I cut them after 4 days of inactivity. DO EET, it's liberating.

Ruthless! I give em at least 2 weeks. Unless they are people I know personally who stopped logging for certain reasons.

Confession: it's more liberating for me to clear out my Facebook friends list than MFP.

I like to give them at least a week, unless it's a pattern of missing 4 days, logging for 3, missing two, logging for 5, missing 5, etc.

I give the IRL people a pass. Though @ladybuggnorris and her "MFP glitched, I swear!" plan is still tempting. Ha!

You would all cut me. I log every single day in a paper diary, it's just I only get on to MFP a few times a week, so I log several days at once on here. I never miss a day, I'm just a late logger. But it doesn't matter, as I confess I've never understood the friend aspect of MFP and have no idea what it is for and what difference it makes. I'm a crap online person.

Same here. I'm a terrible friend here, which is the only reason I haven't requested friends, particularly from this thread. I've "met" so many cool people here! But, I don't use MFP the way most do, so I've accepted friend requests, but I don't log food or make posts on people's walls.

Me three. I only log food to track protein/sodium/fiber and for two-week periods my SO is the cook so I'm guesstimating wildly anyway. I'm grateful enough that he cooks (I hate it) so I'd never ask him to measure. Plus we tend to eat out a fair bit.

AND sometimes I come on here in a hurry, so I skip over the home page a lot to get to my diary. However, I only have a few friends so it is kinda cool to watch them achieve their goals.

I almost wish MFP would post "ythannah hit her protein goal" or "ythannah was under her sodium limit" some days so my friends would have something to cheer for.

I agree, I think MFP should allow you to choose what it announces for you. Protein would be a big one for me!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I write down all my food for the day in a notebook and then add to MFP through out the day as I weigh/measure. My food right now is pretty much written down clear up until next Tuesday, and what's written is already added to my diary ...

That's awesome! I may not be able to get to Tues but if I can pre-log tomorrow and the next day.. I'll feel I've made progress. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if people don't log, I just want active friends. I'm actually considering going through my friends and remove the ones who never post anything on their feed (apart from weight losses and completing their diary), because I don't know why they even send friend requests if they're not going to actually be friendly. But I'm lazy.

For me the whole point of logging though is so I can tweak things as necessary (which typically means a small dinner). If I just logged after I've eaten the whole day, I'd probably be over most of the time
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    JayStu wrote: »

If you don't have the motivation to feel and look good for yourself there will always be someone else along that will flip that switch again! Maybe start out with baby steps? By the time you start something else up you may be pleasantly surprised!