Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I would love to do yoga, but I'm so afraid I'll fart trying to do some of the poses. The music won't drown it out.

I fart in karate class, kibadachi (horse stance) does it every time.
  • WBoulay
    WBoulay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm a scale junkie. There are times I weigh myself 2 or 3 or more times a day. I always weigh first thing in the morning, without clothes, after peeing.
    But I have finally gotten the control to only log my weight once a week (on Sunday's).

I am much the same, but I use the lowest weight of the day in a spreadsheet that allows me to do a running 7 day average of weight. Usually the lowest weight is first thing in the morning just after my shower. I log the average weight every two weeks or so here.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    A 42oz bag of m&m's is going on lightning deal in about 12 minutes. Just in case anyone needs them.

Not in England. :disappointed: We seem to just have deodorant and suitcases.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Not quite what others have been putting but thought i'd share. Last Easter I craved nothing but chocolate and ate most of the kids Eggs on the days leading up and had to pop to the shops last minute to grab some more. Opps!

From reading all of the other confessions here, I'm pretty sure you're not alone with this one! It happens. Sometimes planning ahead and having all the candy at home will back fire. Hopefully this year will be better for you.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    WBoulay wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a scale junkie. There are times I weigh myself 2 or 3 or more times a day. I always weigh first thing in the morning, without clothes, after peeing.
    But I have finally gotten the control to only log my weight once a week (on Sunday's).

I am much the same, but I use the lowest weight of the day in a spreadsheet that allows me to do a running 7 day average of weight. Usually the lowest weight is first thing in the morning just after my shower. I log the average weight every two weeks or so here.

my nutritionist says "weigh yourself every day, it's fun to see how much you way multiple times a day."

And I do. These weigh yourself once a week or month people don't know what they're missing.

Although, I'll weigh myself before and after a poo, and most of the time, the scale doesn't move, I'm like. wtf that was a 3 pound log, what gives?!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I had aspirations of doing some in depth, thoughtful, motivational blog post on my 1000th day of logging into mfp. Didn't happen.

Wow good job logging in! I'm jealous. :) I'm almost back at 90 days.

I've been around since about 2012 and I have to confess that one of the reasons I quit logging in a few years ago was because I missed a day on accident and lost a really good logging streak. I was so mad. I wish I wouldn't let little things like that get to me.

Wow! 1000 days of logging in. You're my hero. Really. I'm really geeky about that kind of thing. I'm on day 86 and already feel like I'd cry if i had to start at 1 again!
    I confess, I'm such a number nerd! I stopped my car a few months back to catch this epic moment:
    1fchb7ojh761.jpg

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I would love to do yoga, but I'm so afraid I'll fart trying to do some of the poses. The music won't drown it out.

This has happened to other students during a few classes I've been in, and depending on the timing/type of class, everyone either completely ignores it, or laughs because it's EVERYONE'S fear and the anxiety gets lifted. So not a big deal, and yoga is totally worth it!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I weigh whenever I'm naked in my bathroom. Whatever time of day. I actually enjoy watching the fluctuations. I find it interesting and it doesn't freak me out. I only record losses though.
    I weigh every time I'm naked in the bathroom. When I was losing weight, I'd only log consistent (3 days in a row) losses. Now that I'm in maintenance, I generally log my weight on Fridays.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    jbsterks wrote: »
    I started a contest at my gym on Saturday, so I binged on BBQ the night before weigh in. According to my scale, I'm down 11 lbs so far...

A dude at my better half's office drank a gallon of water the morning of their first weigh-in for their current "Biggest Loser" contest. Ha!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    On the topic of hair...

I don't have a regular hair stylist. I know a lot of people that do hair, but I avoid getting my hair done by people I know. I don't want to get upset at them if they mess my hair up. I also used to be a receptionist at a salon, and it really upset me how bad the stylists there trash talked their clients... Even the ones they were friends with.

I've spent the last couple years getting my hair done by randoms. I hate it, but I know if I ask for recommendations, I'll just get referred to someone I know.
    I had a friend back home (in Texas) who cut my hair perfectly. Since I moved and I can't have her do it anymore, I've started going to a local beauty school. There's one instructor at one of the schools who knows what I mean when I tell them how I want my hair, so she makes sure it's right! Of course this means I get a different student cutting my hair each time, but they also learn a new way to cut hair, because they never know what I'm talking about!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I don't know who I am, if I'm not fat.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You are young and beautiful! Maybe you can "disconnect" from that identity kind of the same way you transition into an adult from a child. Don't dwell on the past. Just focus on your future and on making the healthiest, best choices for yourself every day. You won't be perfect, but every little step helps!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Confession: No idea who Ron Swanson is.
    I had to google.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Confession of the day: a huge pet peeve of mine is too much movement in bed when I'm trying to fall asleep. My hubby has a terrible habit of tossing and turning SO. MUCH. before finally finding a good position. Me? I know my position, get to it, and just fall asleep. I definitely give him the evil eye in the dark when he won't stop moving.

I think I got this from my mom. When I was a kid, we'd go down for naps and she'd lay perfectly still while me and my sister would get all comfy. But when we moved, we'd get more than just an evil eye lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I REALLY want to throw my stapler at the man sitting at the desk in front of me, but my boss won't let me because apparently we need him :neutral: He is the most rude, vile person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. For example, he thinks it is hilarious to burp the word BOLLOCKS or that in his opinion it is perfectly acceptable to interrupt a woman because he will probably be right anyway. :angry:

Um. how old is this man/child? I have ZERO tolerance for people who do not use manners. Sorry you are dealing with that!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    nikimommy2 wrote: »
    drinking......

Hang in there. My drinking got pretty ridiculous after 40, and after several attempts, I finally quit for good.

I like to say my Drinking Novel had a lot of funny, epic, enjoyable chapters. Started off awesome, and included some of the most memorable times of my life...but towards the end they were just the same old boring depressing crap...page after page after page.

Dec 31, 2011 was my last drink...and I don't miss it. AT ALL.

I have been drinking a lot the last few years (maybe after 40?) to the point I started getting really worried. I attribute a lot of my weight gain the last 3 years to eating out every night and drinking (by myself, at a restaurant bar, with a book). It was my 'down' time and gave me a mental break. Work was stressful, going home (even though I live alone) always made me fee like I needed to do something...clean, homework, etc. Then I got sick of how fat I had gotten, and how I had lost all this weight 3 years ago, gained most of it back, and was bursting out of my clothes again (had donated all my 'fat' clothes when I lost the weight last time). Lost 20 lbs then stalled and quit eating out almost entirely and almost stopped drinking again. I feel better, etc, but the last 4 nights out of 5 between going out with friends and traveling, I had wine and ate out again. Starting 4/1 back on the right foot.

Its hard to stop, and I am still working on it, but and when I don't drink I feel so much better. My family is 90% alcoholics (100% Irish) and I don't want to join that club. Until the last few years I wasn't much of a drinker. Now I am. And it needs to stop.

One other thing that scared me too, was the restaurant where I was going for food (really 2) it had become like I was a 'regular', there was a group of us that were there all the time, they knew what I ate/drank, and it felt like Cheers. It as 'family' on one hand, but one day I got frightened...is THIS what I want my life to be like? My 'friends' people I only see at a bar? And that kind of scared the crap out of me. I was starting to prefer going there than seeing my real friends and spending time with them, because this was just so much less stressful and zero expectations. You never let down a bartender, or have nuances with the folks at the bar you say 'hi' to every night. And one day it was like looking in a mirror, and I got scared. So I stopped going. Just stopped. Sometimes I wonder if they think I got hit by a car or something, I just disappeared.

Whew. Okay that was my confession. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MerinneW wrote: »
    Confession: I've had to give my wallet to my boyfriend. He thinks this is weird, and I had to really beg him to look after it for me, because if I have access to money I WLL cheat on my diet.

3+ years of 'dieting' at home, whilst having an at-work affair with packets of biscuits, bars of chocolate, cakes an bread. I am still slightly horrified at the amount of time and money I have wasted by not committing to this properly.

So, he has reluctantly agreed to mind my wallet. And I'm losing weight. Last night, I had to pop to the shop to buy some bits, so I asked him to give me some money; but I also told him "Ask me for the itemised receipt, and the exact change". Because otherwise, I know what I would do.

I'm extremely embarrassed that I have to co-opt someone else's willpower to achieve this simple, small weight loss. But hey, I suppose self-knowledge is the first step towards self-improvement...

I think its brilliant that a) you're strong and brave enough to ask your boyfriend to help you in this way and b) that he does it to support you.

I wish I could get over my shame/embarrassment/humiliation and ask my partners to support me in similar ways (slap cakes/chocolate/ice cream/junk out of my hands) and that they would do it. My girlfriend says she's trying to support me, but she doesn't really get it. My boyfriend makes no comment, on anything. probably for fear of getting his head bitten off. Not that i would. I need their help.

I haven't even confessed to either of them that I have a medically diagnosed eating disorder and was seeing a counsellor for it before i moved in with them, over a year ago.

Is there a way you can tell them exactly what kind of help you need from them? I don't know if I'd go full-disclosure right away as far as your diagnosis, but that's just me. It may be best to do so. Either way, I think if you just specifically say, 'Hey, doing X or saying X would really help me" I'm sure they'd both be more than happy to do so! It's probably more a matter of they are not sure exactly how to go about it.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with posterior tibial tendinitis and am in a giant boot totally grounded from all things (walk, run, bike, lift) for four weeks. I cried right in the office. My entire deficit is because of my activity. I was eating over 2000 calories and losing. Now I'm down to 1600 to maintain 1350 to lose 1/2 a pound. A tiny part of me is glad because I was burned out but I have to really reign in my logging for the next month and it's mt birthday! Wah!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I've had at least one Jim Beam and Pepsi Max every night for the last week or so.
    I've stayed within my calorie goal but damnit I can't get off the alcohol. It's my Achilles heel.

Sounds like you drink in moderation, though? That should be ok unless it causes you to eat poorly. If not, I'd not worry about it too much (barring any other issues).
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I REALLY want to throw my stapler at the man sitting at the desk in front of me, but my boss won't let me because apparently we need him :neutral: He is the most rude, vile person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. For example, he thinks it is hilarious to burp the word BOLLOCKS or that in his opinion it is perfectly acceptable to interrupt a woman because he will probably be right anyway. :angry:

Um. how old is this man/child? I have ZERO tolerance for people who do not use manners. Sorry you are dealing with that!

He is 50, (but don't tell his partners family, they think he is 40...) with the intellect of a 3 year old. Which ironically is the age of his daughter. I feel more sorry for her.