Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I REALLY want to throw my stapler at the man sitting at the desk in front of me, but my boss won't let me because apparently we need him :neutral: He is the most rude, vile person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. For example, he thinks it is hilarious to burp the word BOLLOCKS or that in his opinion it is perfectly acceptable to interrupt a woman because he will probably be right anyway. :angry:

A stapler won't do much.....your boss never said you couldn't throw a brick at his head, did he?

>:) touche
  • Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I'm fighting a craving, I eat other stuff to avoid the "bad" food and end up going way over my calories for the day. Also, I have no self-control when it comes to sweets. I've had to learn to just buy a serving instead of a package of something...I'm not done til it's all gone... :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

I do wish I actually had purple hair though

Pretty easy to achieve, particularly now that the "unnatural" hair colours seem to be trendy again. You can probably get either permanent or wash-out dye.

Not sure how well they cover darker hair though. Might be necessary to do a colour strip first, and I think that's kinda hard on your hair.

I just want a skinny little teal streak.

My hair is fine and dry. It's also falling out like crazy. It doesn't hold colour at all, it will fade to a straw colour within a couple weeks. And bleaching it would probably leave me bald.

Unfortunately, it's not "just hair" to everyone and it might not grow back :( Perhaps I should just invest in colourful wigs...

My hair is thin and baby fine... tangles super easily so I yank a lot of it out just by brushing.

I'm pretty skeptical of product claims since they rarely live up to their own hype but I've had good results from the new L'Oreal Fibralogy line. It does seem to make my hair look a tad fuller, whether it actually has "thickening" properties or just succeeds at adding body.

I got it on sale at Superstore for around $3 so not a huge waste of money if it's a flop.

I can't speak to dry or falling-out hair, but mine is regularly salon coloured so definitely not in the greatest health.

Oh, and I'm also really happy with Rusk Thick styling spray. It's supposed to be a body and texture amplifier and it does a decent job of that. Most styling products weigh my hair down unattractively or kill all the shine, but this stuff works well -- may even add some shine. (I use it VERY sparingly) Winners usually has it at $10/bottle.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Theda38 wrote: »
    Confession: this weight-loss thing is hard and demoralizing at times. I gained 18 pounds because of having cancer and a failed surgery resulting in an open wound for 8 freaking months. Meaning 8 months on a couch, no movement at all. I started eating right and doing an hour of Pilates 5 days a week (the only thing soft enough for me right now) 57 days ago. The first 10 pounds fell off very quickly and now I am stuck, 3 weeks of losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. I know it takes time and patience but hell, I really want to get back in shape. Not aiming for skinny, I have never been skinny but for my normal sporty self. That would be 159. I don't really even mind having a boob missing anymore, but I mind being flabby and not being able to wear the clothes I want to.
    On the up side, I started pole dancing classes yesterday and it felt great, even if I could not do everything and I was behind the others.

Your willpower is amazing!
  • haydenkibble
    haydenkibble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had at least one Jim Beam and Pepsi Max every night for the last week or so.
    I've stayed within my calorie goal but damnit I can't get off the alcohol. It's my Achilles heel.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I slept in late this morning with the hope of having bonus loses on my weigh in. I turns out my scale died. I tried changing the batteries but the sucker is dead. I ordered a new one on Amazon so I can weigh in on Friday, but I was super pissed.

My scale is acting funky. I'm scared to get a new one because it might weigh me differently and put me up a few pounds...I know that is irrational and I don't care! :pensive:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I've had at least one Jim Beam and Pepsi Max every night for the last week or so.
    I've stayed within my calorie goal but damnit I can't get off the alcohol. It's my Achilles heel.

Do you free pour or measure it? I was just thinking, maybe you could measure out less and less each time until you are just on the Pepsi?
  • kellienw335
    Options

Mine too! Sweets don't bother me and I don't think I've ever binge eaten, but I like to have a few drinks at night to relax.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've always been skeptical of "blender bottles" 8.00 for a cup? Well I bought one last night and love it lol, no more clumps from stirring my protein.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    Latest confession: I cannot stand "TMI Tuesday" and I get stabby when I see people in my friend list littering my home page with it

1) Love your username!

2) I unfriend those people. Immediately. No mercy. ;)

1) Thanks!

2) Happy to hear I'm not the only one :)

What is TMI tuesday?
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Latest confession: I cannot stand "TMI Tuesday" and I get stabby when I see people in my friend list littering my home page with it

1) Love your username!

2) I unfriend those people. Immediately. No mercy. ;)

1) Thanks!

2) Happy to hear I'm not the only one :)

What is TMI tuesday?

I assume like throwback Thursday except you share too much information? First time I heard of this as well.

I have never heard of this before......

I think there's a thread where people say they're playing (I'm way too lazy to look into it), then they message each other questions with random #'s. The person who receives the message then posts the answer ON THEIR NEWS FEED with the same random #, so the person who sent the request knows it's the response to their question, but no one else knows the question. One person is enough to gunk up your entire news feed for a few hours, making you miss important stuff from people who are actually posting relevant stuff, like their evening workouts and diary completions.

^^ This, exactly. What's worse is that in addition to doing it in the first place (have a tough time understanding how it is possibly entertaining), the participants seem to view their volume of activity as a measure of popularity on this site. I understand that MFP is a form of social media, but srsly??
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Kasey_Ford wrote: »
    When I'm fighting a craving, I eat other stuff to avoid the "bad" food and end up going way over my calories for the day. Also, I have no self-control when it comes to sweets. I've had to learn to just buy a serving instead of a package of something...I'm not done til it's all gone... :(

This is totally me with certain things. I try to buy the single serving stuff when it's available, but this weekend, I wanted plain tortilla chips and had to buy a regular sized bag. So after I ate what I wanted, I had to give the bag to someone in my house to hide from me! It sounds silly, but it worked. I didn't waste money throwing them away, and I have no idea where they are so I can't eat them all now :)!
  • Talkradio
    Options
    On the topic of hair...

I don't have a regular hair stylist. I know a lot of people that do hair, but I avoid getting my hair done by people I know. I don't want to get upset at them if they mess my hair up. I also used to be a receptionist at a salon, and it really upset me how bad the stylists there trash talked their clients... Even the ones they were friends with.

I've spent the last couple years getting my hair done by randoms. I hate it, but I know if I ask for recommendations, I'll just get referred to someone I know.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Oh, here's another one. I was at the gym yesterday and hopped on a treadmill next to some ladies who were together. I was already going when I realized they were loudly talking about a multilevel marketing (pyramid) scheme I really despise. I was so enraged that even with my music up loud, I could still hear them talking about how their product can cure insomnia, diabetes, and asthma all at once. As I was running I just kept mouthing "shut up" over and over again. At least all that anger did give me a nice work out!
  • courtneyk0721
    courtneyk0721 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'd leave my husband for Ron Swanson. (Yes, he knows)

I'm pretty sure my husband would leave ME for Ron Swanson. He has a total man crush on him.
  • MerinneW
    MerinneW Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I think its brilliant that a) you're strong and brave enough to ask your boyfriend to help you in this way and b) that he does it to support you.

I wish I could get over my shame/embarrassment/humiliation and ask my partners to support me in similar ways (slap cakes/chocolate/ice cream/junk out of my hands) and that they would do it. My girlfriend says she's trying to support me, but she doesn't really get it. My boyfriend makes no comment, on anything. probably for fear of getting his head bitten off. Not that i would. I need their help.

I haven't even confessed to either of them that I have a medically diagnosed eating disorder and was seeing a counsellor for it before i moved in with them, over a year ago.

Aw hun :( You should definitely seek their support - they love you, they'll want to help you, but you need to tell them how! I think people are often wary of holding someone they love to account when they're trying to lose weight, because they worry it will be seen as them confirming that there's "something wrong with you" - that they don't love you just the way you are. And yeah, because they may be afraid of getting their head bitten off! But if you just make it clear to people you need them to reinforce your own resolve, they are usually so helpful and supportive.

As for your medical history, that is your own private business to tell them or not as you choose - but I think you would feel better if you did, not just because it would help them to understand why you need what you need, but also because then they will know how strong you are - that you've been through that and come out better.

Take care of yourself - and let your partners take care of you too! x
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Is tincanonastring still reading? My son told me for easter this year he'd like a HOLLOW chocolate bunny, as tall as his 3 yr old sister, filled with marshmallow peeps.

Holy crap.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Oh, here's another one. I was at the gym yesterday and hopped on a treadmill next to some ladies who were together. I was already going when I realized they were loudly talking about a multilevel marketing (pyramid) scheme I really despise. I was so enraged that even with my music up loud, I could still hear them talking about how their product can cure insomnia, diabetes, and asthma all at once. As I was running I just kept mouthing "shut up" over and over again. At least all that anger did give me a nice work out!

I cannot stand people who talk loudly on the treadmills.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Mine too! Sweets don't bother me and I don't think I've ever binge eaten, but I like to have a few drinks at night to relax.

LOL if you have binge eaten, you'd know it! (wrappers everywhere, feel like your gonna be violently ill if you move a muscle, try to recall what all went in, but are unsure of exacts items or quantities. and then comes da SHAME.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

DoTerra? I can't stand hearing about that 'magic'. Urgh.