Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol

Where in AB... I am in Edmonton

Morinville. I usually just say northern Alberta or Edmonton area because most people won't know where my town is anyway :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I really don't want to have to commute to. But I'm still going to the interview, a) because I set the appointment to go in, and b) because I need to work on my interviewing skills. I'm a terrible interviewee. Seriously, I freeze up. If it could be an "on the phone" or "texting" interview, I'd do amazing... But face-to-face interviews I fail at every time.

Is it wrong to go just based on the purpose of improving my interview skills?

I've gone to interviews that I didn't want and that I had no hope of getting and those were the ones I did the best at. Probably because I had less pressure because I didn' think I would get it or want it. Good luck!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I am chronically late. My family will tell me something starts an hour earlier than it actually does so at least there's chance of me being on time.

Me too, I totally run on CP time. However, I generally run like 5-30 minutes late, but I have several friends that can literally be more than two to three hours late for things.....

Then I have those friends that are usually on time and get stressed out when I wander out five minutes late. My boss sometimes claps if I am close to being on time for work......

We would not get along lol. Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are late. I find it very disrespectful.

I hate being late. It's my biggest peeve. And i get really mad when someone makes me late!

Being late causes me anxiety. I hate being late for dinners, movies, etc and I get really mad too when it's someone else's fault. I get that things happen, and if someone is late once in a while it's not a big deal. But out of my three closest friends, I'm the only one who can seem to be on time. It drives me crazy. My one friend has two kids and I get it, things can happen that'll make you late - but not every time! They're 4 and 2, by now you should've had time to figure out how long it takes to get everyone ready. I find it very disrespectful that they all always keep me waiting.

Confession: My coworkers seem to be personally offended when I only take 1/2 a muffin. So today I took half a muffin (I used a knife to cut it, and only touch my half), partly because I want some muffin, and partly because I know it will annoy some people.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    For those of you who get snack inspiration from this thread, this is my new favorite. It kinda tastes like a dark chocolate reese's cup but way better.
    pbco-dcd-2012-web-lrg.jpg

I saw this in the store and pretended I didn't. This would not be safe in my presence!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My favorite thread today, and it's EARLY!

OJ's Favorite Thread of the Day, now with Iced Chai
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am really getting excited about this trip to Mordor now. I was thinking we have to set some parameters.... does running count or just walking? Does someone win if they get there first like the king of the mountain badge in Strava? Or stage jerseys like the Tour de France? Or whomever has the fastest average time? Do we track using an app like runtastic?

Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

*edited for screwing up the quoting on my phone.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am really getting excited about this trip to Mordor now. I was thinking we have to set some parameters.... does running count or just walking? Does someone win if they get there first like the king of the mountain badge in Strava? Or stage jerseys like the Tour de France? Or whomever has the fastest average time? Do we track using an app like runtastic?

Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

Yes yes yes, all of it! :lol: I'm thinking travelling any kind of distance because I swim 3 days a week and would be at a disadvantage. lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

That is funny but I have to admit every time I see you avatar I think you are in a neck brace. Not eating a donut with a peep on it.

I am always astounded by the weird rage that happens in these forums.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Yes yes yes, all of it! :lol: I'm thinking travelling any kind of distance because I swim 3 days a week and would be at a disadvantage. lol

Well, you could always swim down the Brandywine, swim along the coast to the Bay of Belfalas, and then swim up the Anduin to Osgiliath & meet us on the road to Minas Morgul...

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Well, you could always swim down the Brandywine, swim along the coast to the Bay of Belfalas, and then swim up the Anduin to Osgiliath & meet us on the road to Minas Morgul...

... ... THAT is knowledge. Sir I applaud you.
  • RolandPHX
    RolandPHX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went on an all inclusive vacation to Cancun last week. I had a goal of staying on track. Totally failed, between awesome food, deserts and alcohol...gained 9 pounds in 7 days.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Not a confession, but rather a pat myself on the back: I finally surpassed the 60 lbs lost mark, after over a month of bouncing back and forth between 56 and 59. (side note: MFP does not say 60, I started a week before joining here last July and input the weight I was at when I joined)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    roland9765 wrote: »
    I went on an all inclusive vacation to Cancun last week. I had a goal of staying on track. Totally failed, between awesome food, deserts and alcohol...gained 9 pounds in 7 days.

I have an all inclusive in Bahamas in June, I worry I will do the same.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    roland9765 wrote: »

Sounds totally worth it to me! Eh, you've got to enjoy your vacation. I'm sure you'll get right back on track now.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    THAT IS GREAT! Good work!
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Not a confession, but rather a pat myself on the back: I finally surpassed the 60 lbs lost mark, after over a month of bouncing back and forth between 56 and 59. (side note: MFP does not say 60, I started a week before joining here last July and input the weight I was at when I joined)

• ShibaEars
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Good for you!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

I only read the OP and then skimmed a couple of posts. I'm more surprised that someone that age doesn't know about Starbucks or that they have a multitude of options. Or maybe it's the simple fact that someone old enough to have a job cannot figure this out on their own and has to ask a public forum??
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

That is funny but I have to admit every time I see you avatar I think you are in a neck brace. Not eating a donut with a peep on it.

I thought it was some kind of freaky Hannibal Lecter Meets Peep contraption.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I am chronically late. My family will tell me something starts an hour earlier than it actually does so at least there's chance of me being on time.

Me too, I totally run on CP time. However, I generally run like 5-30 minutes late, but I have several friends that can literally be more than two to three hours late for things.....

Then I have those friends that are usually on time and get stressed out when I wander out five minutes late. My boss sometimes claps if I am close to being on time for work......

We would not get along lol. Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are late. I find it very disrespectful.

I hate being late. It's my biggest peeve. And i get really mad when someone makes me late!

That sounds like my husband.
    I'm chronically late... So I have to set alarms for myself to make sure I'm on time somewhere, or awake by a certain time.

I set my alarm to wake me up at 5:00am and 5:30am every morning, but I actually don't get up until 6:00am.

I've had to be at an interview at a certain time, so I set an alarm for what time I had to leave, but before that was my alarm for when I needed to start getting ready.

It was a pain in the beginning to set so many alarms, but now I'm rarely late :)

I am always late. But always in the 15 min category. I swear I don't know how to be on time. Yet I have family that are fanatically on time (my mother). It goes in the "I think I can get one more thing done before I leave" category. On the other hand I hate being early. I hate waiting around. Such a waste of time. And I am not good at social chit chat. I would much rather be late than have to wait. When I arrive everything starts or you have missed all the social crap and intros etc. and can just jump into it.

I have a friend who hates that I am always late, yet she is NEVER ready when I get there?!?!?

I understand the awkward social aspect of being early/on time, but I can differentiate between not showing up to a casual party on time and coming late when you are meeting someone for dinner, or a movie, or something else time sensitive.

My in-laws are chronically, maddeningly late. Like, late to my wedding (my mil scheduled her hair appointment at the time I asked her to be at the church, somehow she thought she could do both at the same time), late to my surprise 25th birthday party, late to my son's first birthday, 2 hours late to meet my parents for dinner. They definitely suffer from the "I can fit in one (or twelve) more tasks before I get ready" syndrome. It boggles my mind how little social regard they show for other people.

I only have one child, and I know it gets harder the more you have, but it also drives me crazy when people blame their kids for their lateness. I do have grace for emergencies and catastrophes, but not when they happen every single time, mainly because they aren't anticipated. I know that inevitably as I try to walk out the door, little guy will have a dirty diaper and need an outfit change. So I get ready early enough to deal with it and still be on time. But if it happens 5 time in a row and I still act surprised by it...

I find that totally legitimate. I have 3 kids and it still drives me crazy when someone is chronically late and blames it on the kids. I also get somewhat annoyed when I see the same parents dropping off their kids 15 minutes after school starts (I live next to a school) every day. I walk my kids to school, and if I can walk in a damn blizzard and get there on time, you can drive in your nice warm car and make it, at least most days! /Judgmental.