Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My Thursday Truth is... I didn't get out for a walk today and I am worried it is going to throw me off! My whole family is pretty sick, myself included, and my throat is the worst. Breathing is painful so I opted out of walking even though physically I feel like I could have done it. I love getting outside and think it helps me the rest of the day be a more patient mommy!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truths:
    1. Goals. Calories 1/1, exercise 1/1, water 1/1
    2. I have come to the conclusion that the author of the children's story "Saggy Baggy Elephant" was someone who had lost a lot of weight. I looked at myself in a full length mirror the other day, and there is no other way to describe what I saw.
    3. I looked back at my records, and although it isn't a new low, I have lost 2# since March 1.
    Baby has been sick for a couple of days. I hate it when she is so miserable. Cathy is sick, too. DIL had gall bladder surgery yesterday. She has had stomach issues for years. Her gall bladder had layers of scar tissue indicating years of problems, and 5 marble-sized stones. I bet she'll feel so much better soon.
    Enjoy your day. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well, I received my triathlon clothing today, liked the bottoms but not the tops. The tops just don't fit my body right and I am not sure they have the next size up in stock. I have been looking at different websites tonight trying to find something to wear and I am totally frustrated. Tomorrow, I am shopping at a store so I hope that works and I find something that fits correctly and will be easy to deal with during the triathlon.

Kaye- Congrats on the 2# loss.

momuv3prin-It is okay to miss a day when you are sick. Your body needs a chance to heal. Take care of yourself first then start walking again. Tomorrow if you feel like it go for a short walk and see how you do with breathing and the sore throat. Welcome.

tlh- Enjoy the weekend and congrats on the weight loss. I will be ready for the triathlon but at times it just so daunting.

kineo6o- Welcome, you have found a great place for this journey.

Today, was an easy exercise day since I just went for 2 mile walk with my SIL and niece. It was nice afternoon and fun to be outside.

Have a great day.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--hope everyone gets better quickly! Haha about the "Saggy Baggy Elephant"! I feel that way about my upper arms. I think they look just horrible, but they are definitely better than when I was 60 lbs heavier. I think losing another 20 lbs or so would improve them a bit, but fear only surgery would ever make them look good. :neutral: Congrats on the 2# loss.

@momuv3--sorry your family is sick, but don't worry too much about missing that walk. Your metabolism is likely working harder as your body fights the illness, so it shouldn't affect the scale.

@kris--hope your dentist appointment goes well. I just made one of my own for some tooth pain. When I described it to the receptionist, she asked if I had a sinus infection or allergies. I told her I have seasonal allergies, and she said it could be related. Who knew?!

@tom--your post reminds me that I need to find a new place to purchase my produce until the farmer's markets come back for summer. Since our Dominick's (Safeway) closed a couple of years ago, I get most of my groceries at Target and their apples aren't of the best quality. My husband takes care of fresh meat at other grocery stores b/c it's too expensive at Target, but he doesn't eat fruit so doesn't think to buy it.

@tracy--I also have the procrastination bug this week. Was hoping to get a good number of essays graded throughout the week, but only got through 8 so far. The good news is they are going pretty quickly.

@melissa--I have no suggestions for you about the wine for your Mediterranean themed meal. I think kelley and susan are wine savvy, so perhaps they can help.

@amanda--hope you got all of your errands done and the cold is gone quickly.

@laurie--great job with the mini tri!! You will do great. Just competing in a tri is such an accomplishment--so proud of you!!

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 2/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 8/64 AP essays
    2. 16/16 AP analysis activities DONE

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--8k DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--rest day

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Thursday Truth:
    I went to the Dr. today for my shoulder and did not like the number I saw on the scale. Of course it was higher than my morning weigh-in at home b/c I had eaten and was fully dressed wearing shoes. But I long for the day when none of that really matters. When my weight is at such a healthy level that even with those factors, the scale number is satisfying.

Of course, to get to that point, I need to be much more meticulous about my food choices. No more nibbles of muffins and cinnamon rolls. No more snacking of peanut butter filled pretzels. No more mindless grazing as I sit through 5-hour meetings. Or at least a lot less of it.

The doc gave me a referral to a rehabilitation doc and sent me for x-rays of my shoulder and neck, so hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery soon. Knee is better but still not perfect. At least I know what PT exercises to do in order to remedy that problem, so I will start back with those tonight. I will be running tomorrow, but will keep it short so as not to aggravate the knee.

Finally, April is off to a good start in terms of protein. Made my 90 g minimum both days without going over my calorie allowance. I plan to go grocery shopping for more high-protein snacks to make meeting the goal (and resisting the muffins!) even easier. One food victory today was that I turned down the steak fries (the only french fries I really like) for a salad.

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @Karen Good job on the steak fries. Mindless eating is still my biggest hurdle.
    @Laurie Good luck finding the clothes you need for your tri. Your adventuresome attitude when it comes to physical activity is amazing.
    Nicole took Anya to the doctor at an insta care after school because she couldn't get into her own doctor. She was there for 2 hours. They ruled out strep, ear infection and flu. Still don't know what is wrong. Her temperature got clear up to 103, but she didn't have a seizure. With her history, that was a good thing. She will go to her own doctor tomorrow.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The dentist went 100X better than I anticipated. I broke a tooth last year and had to put off fixing it. I didn't have Dental insurance and MowMow needed surgery so he came first. Now of course the tooth is infected and painful. I added Dental during the open season so I could get it taken care of.... but kept putting it off again out of fear.

So he's going to pull the tooth (on the 23rd), of all the options that was the most economical and for the state of that tooth it's the best option. It's also in a place in my mouth no one would ever see so no biggie for now. Later I can get a bridge or an implant when I can afford it. I'm on antibiotics until then to get rid of the infection and he drained it so the pain has already completely disappeared (for now).

So other than that tooth my teeth are pretty amazing. I'd never had a cavity before and that still stands. No cavities and very little plague (will have them cleaned after they pull the tooth).

All in all way less painful and horrible than I built it up into in my mind.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Slow night. Well, I guess I'm probably the only one that sits at a computer all night so I can monitor the thread! Ha!

Thursday Truth: I have lost a little over 13 lbs since Mid Jan. That's about 4 lbs a month. I guess I shouldn't complain, that's actually pretty good considering we've had 3 (yes 3) lunch buffets during that time, I spent 3 days in the hospital with my DH (he was the patient, but I was being tortured by a hospital lounge chair), AND I've been sick for 3 weeks with allergy/lung crap. And I've finally found a exercise routine that I can do 5 days a week without interference from DH. Yeah!

Just found out my son and some of my DH's family got selected to do Family Feud! They will be taping in Atlanta in May, don't know when it will air, but I'm so excited for them! Wish I could go and watch but I don't have a bit of time off from work. Gaah, stupid Cancer, it messed everything up! I'll be paying back advanced sick leave for the next 3 years!

@Kineo6 - been there, done that, even worse. Have lost a ton of weight 3 x, and every time I gained back more than I lost. But, I have MFP now, and all these supportive people, and so many tools that weren't available before - not to mention all the vital reasons why I need to lose weight have made me more determined than ever to get healthy and stay that way. You can do it too.

@toshie2015 & @momuv3princesses - welcome, we are glad you are here. Never found a more supportive group of people than this, come back often, let us all get to know each other and you will find you get a lot out of this group. We are all on the same journey but we each have something to share that will help someone else.

@grandmakaye44 - Yikes, I feel for your DIL, hope she recovers quickly and feels WAY better afterwards!

@Robin - I hope your surgery went well, and wish you many clear days of vision ahead. I envy you, I asked if I was a candidate and was told NO WAY.

Well gotta go, days almost over. Happy Good Friday to you!
    Tracy (TX)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have to face the facts that I can be as active as I want, so the weight loss will be slower than I want. But I guess that is also a part of life.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Didn’t have time to check the thread yesterday, month-end at work always makes for a busy start to the month.

@MyM0wM0w (Kris)~I’m so glad your experience at the dentist went better than you expected. Finding a good, caring dentist can be hard. I’m sorry you need to have that tooth pulled, but it does sound like the best treatment option for now.

@Melifornia~To answer your question about wines for Mediterranean food, it depends on the food being served. If there is lamb, a strong red wine pairs best—such as a merlot or pinot noir. If there are lighter fares such as salads you can use a white wine such as a zinfandel, moscato, or Riesling. Lastly, if seafood is being served wines such as a chardonnay or pinot grigio are good for a light choice. Also, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on wine—believe it or not I buy my favorite wines (blended reds) by the label and only spend around $10 for a really tasty wine. Yellow Tail and Cupcake Winery are two of my faves.

@GOINSTD12~Hooray for your 12# loss, keep it up you’re doing great!

@Kaye~ I ignored gallbladder symptoms for so long, until I had an “attack” that nearly hospitalized me. I was so afraid of the tests the doctor might order, so I never went until I didn't have a choice—just needed a sonogram. :flushed: I never realized how sick it made me until it was gone. The surgeon told me when I went in to have my staples removed that it was inflamed, diseased and full of stones. Hope your DIL has a quick recovery.

@Angelika~I’m glad you’re ribs are all wrapped up, I hope you’re feeling better. It’s frustrating when we can’t do what we want—hang in there, you’re ribs will heal soon and you’ll be able to get back to your activities.

@Karen~So glad your doc ordered some x-rays, hope you have answers from the rehab doc soon. Glad your knee is feeling better.

@Robinsegg~Thinking of you, hope your cataract surgery went well!

AFM~I’m still in a boot, so exercise is still frustrating. For the most part I’m pain-free now but still need to give this more time to heal—another couple of weeks. I was going to go to yoga, but was told a very emphatic “no”—biking and swimming is all I’m allowed. :frowning: Anyway, its Good Friday and Easter weekend—I will most likely go to Good Friday services at church tonight since I will miss Easter service on Sunday (will be visiting my parents).
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Whew. Getting 90g of protein is harder than I thought! Only got to 67g yesterday. On the plus side, I came in under calories and with fewer carbs & sugar than usual. I'm subbing at the high school all day - last minute - and what I grabbed for lunch/snacks isn't high in protein, so we'll see how that plays out.

@MyM0wM0w - Glad the dentist went well for you! One pulled tooth in a discreet location isn't a bad thing if it clears up infection. My Mom avoided doing exactly that for so long that the infection spread and spread until her teeth started to fall out. By the time she admitted what was happening, she had to have all of her teeth pulled and go on serious antibiotics.

@GOINSTD12 - Congrats on losing 13lbs! Woohoo! What's the exercise you can do without DH interfering?

@kah68 - Thanks for the wine info. I stopped by the liquor store last night and picked up a moscato, don't remember the brand.

AFM, I'm still working on pulling out of that mild funk. I'm ready to acknowledge that my food choices are partially responsible. Eating not-so-healthy does have an impact on my mental health as well as my physical health.

The high school called while I was doing my Miracle Morning and practically begged me to come in today, so I'm adapting my routine today. I did my visualization, reading, and journaling during first block while the kids were doing group work. Still need to practice yoga, but that will have to wait until either my plan period or after school.

Melifornia's Weekly Goals - April 1-4

Diet
    • Create a meal plan AND DO IT -
    • Try at least one of the smoothie packets I made (<---trying new things food issues) -
    • Meet protein goal daily - x/4
    • Drink 96oz water daily - 2/4

Exercise
    • Strength training (restarting routine) 1x - x/1
    • Cardio 2x - 1/2
    • Yoga daily - 2/4

Personal
    • Genevieve's birthday (oldest niece turns 16 on April 2) - photos for Facebook, finish gift, supper and cake for Saturday - FB picspam done; gift done and given
    • Easter - decide what to make for family potluck, including a big salad for me; help set up for Easter vigil at church; take bottle of wine for vigil - win purchased
    • Miracle Morning daily - 2/4 (I'll hit 90 days total this week!)

Home
    • Spring Cleaning: complete one room -
    • Take donations to Goodwill, library, etc. -
    • Paint/touch up in living room -

Work
    • Finish client #1's website update -
    • Finish client #2's website update -
    • Complete at least half of edits on client #3's website -
    • Complete 4 interviews and send out for transcription as needed - 3/4
    • Write and file 3 newspaper stories - x/3
    • Write and file 1 magazine story - x/1

April All-In Goals
    • Cardio, at least 30 minutes, 4x/week - 1/16
    • Strength training 2x week - x/8
    • Login to MFP daily - 3/30
    • Meet protein goal minimum of 20/30 days - x/20
    • Drink 96z water minimum of 20/30 days - 2/20

Mantra: Live intentionally
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy World Party Day!
    World Party Day is celebrated on April 03, 2015. World Party Day (P-Day) is celebrated every year as a synchronized global mass celebration of a better world and the active creation of desirable reality. The celebration has no religious or political ties and recognizes a "universal human right to fun, peace and life."

The idealized objective is a global Party of all Parties where every person in the world is in synch no matter what they are doing, to appreciate, participate in and celebrate social existence. Via holiday slogans, greetings and mottos, Party is defined as the opposite of War.

World Party Day began as a grassroots effort in 1996 and was one of the first global efforts in a growing number of movements of synchronized human celebration to bring about improved social conditions. World Party Day is observed yearly through personal and public observances of party-like atmosphere.
    The first World Party Day (known as World Party I) took place on April 3, 1996. The novel Flight by Vanna Bonta inspired the event. The story ends with a countdown to a mass celebration where all of humanity is united. Readers took the idea and organized a real worldwide party!

There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go. ~Frederick Faber

Tom
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @melifornia - I'm doing my walking and stair climbing at work, so my only obstacle is myself and making myself get up and go do it! I hope to get my car back from my sister next week. If I do then I can start leaving an hour early so I can work out for about 45 minutes before work at least a couple days a week. Right now it's almost impossible to get out of the house early 'cause my DH is driving me back & forth every day, and it takes so much longer for him to be ready than if it's just me. But for now I'm happy with what I'm accomplishing. You have to start somewhere and this is giving me the opportunity to build my strength & endurance after the year I had last year! I was proud of myself last night, I managed 4 flights of stairs!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot - you're right, increasing protein without increasing fats is HARD! I changed my macros to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fats and now I'm supposed to get in like 139 G protein - impossible!! Anybody who has some tips your help would be welcome!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy (goins)--I'm in the same boat trying to increase my protein. I actually don't really care how high my fats are as long as my overall calories are under my allowance and protein is high. I have my macros set the same as yours, but 30% is rarely doable, so my current goal is just to get more than 90 grams since I tend to average about 70-80. Once I master 90 g/day, I will increase the goal a bit. Some high protein snacks I like are cottage cheese and greek yogurt, as well as protein bars. My tip is to lurk tanya's food diary b/c she's really good at getting a lot of protein. :wink:

@melissa--I also struggle to get more than 90 grams. See my post to tracy above.

@kelley--I'm sorry you are so limited with exercise. Hopefully the boot will come off sooner rather than later. I'm also frustrated by the limitations I'm facing with exercise though mine are different from yours. I really, really want to get back to lifting and it's just impossible with this shoulder. Another frustration is that the rehab doc's office called to schedule my appt. and I can't get in until May 21st. Also, as we were finalizing that appt., the receptionist said, "And this is for pain management, right?" I very emphatically said, "No, this is NOT for pain management. I would like a diagnosis and a treatment plan to FIX my shoulder, not to just manage the pain." I knew this was coming as my PCP said something about the next step usually being a cortisone shot. I have nothing against a cortisone shot if that's what the injury calls for, but I know those wear off and you can only get a certain number in any one joint over the course of your life. What happens when I can't get them anymore? And what if by that time my shoulder is so torn up, there's no way to repair it? I just don't get why a doctor's goal would be to treat symptoms without any knowledge of the underlying cause.

@kris--glad the dentist was as scary as you anticipated.

@kaye--hope the grand is better soon.

AFM--grading at starbucks then off to the gym. Will check back tonight with friday fitness.

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 2/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 17/64 AP essays

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--8k DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym
    Sat--rest day

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @skinny... I have a really hard time getting that protein in! I only eat beef and bacon for meat protein (I don't like chicken, turkey, pork or fish) so I have to be pretty creative with my proteins, I can't and shouldn't eat beef every day. Like a few others have said when my protein goes up, so do my fats but it keeps my carbs down so I don't worry about the fat. I'm at about 40-45C/25P/30-35F and I'm fine with that. My main sources of protein right now are beef, greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, cheese, nuts, seeds, hummus, chickpeas, black beans, protein powder. I put 1/2 scoop of powder in my greek yogurt cup, 1 scoop in my smoothies. I'm not yet at the point again where I was last year when I made most of my dinners and snacks at home. I would put protein powder in pancakes, muffins, energy bars, and made a lot of bean and/or quinoa based casseroles, soups, stews, chili etc. MFP tells me my protein requirements are upwards of 130-150g per day but that's near impossible for me. I am hoping to get back to making MOST of my food at home, so you can stalk my diary then for inspiration. :p

@tlh... I am THE biggest procrastinator in the world. I told myself I would have my taxes done before the start of March break, 2 weeks ago for us... then by Easter, don't see that happening either! Then this nagging feeling just takes hold and doesn't let go until I get it done. I don't know why I torture myself with putting things off, or getting projects finished. I seriously think I have some mild form of ADD or something.

@M0wM0w... your first post about the dentist made me cringe. I have a wonderful dentist who is very gentle and very understanding of my anxiety when sitting in her chair. My childhood dentist was very rough, used only nitrous oxide for drilling (= much pain) and told me that I would lose my teeth by the time I was 30 if I didn't brush and floss more often. I think that set me up for a lifetime of dentist anxiety. In my early 30's (with all my pearly white teeth in tact, thank you) I got a cavity that I could feel, it kept getting bigger and bigger but I was petrified of going to a dentist. Only when the excruciating toothache began did I pull out the phone book and call another dentist for an emergency appointment. I went in and was told it was infected and needed a root canal. For my first few years there, I was fine. Then all of a sudden the freezing never kicked in, no matter how much they gave me or how long they waited for it to take effect. Finally, I tried nitrous oxide with freezing, and now my appointments are much more manageable. The dentist and I have come to the conclusion that the sound of the drill frightens me, but the nitrous helps me to relax, which keeps my mouth frozen.

@Robin... hope your surgery went well. And congrats on your 2 lb loss, that's fantastic!

Day 2 (Thursday) of tracking/eating under didn't go well. I got this feeling in the afternoon that I had no control over my food... odd since I my eating was under control all day. Needless to say I got home and ate a handful of this and that, a few slices of toast. Then I actually felt better after that, and was able to just get back on track this morning. Weird.

April Goals:

Track and stay under calories
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Week 1:1/2

Meet protein goal of 120g
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Week1:2/2

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I went MIA for so long. I haven't been dealing with my job loss very well. Today I was thinking I may be getting depressed with the situation. I will be catching up on the thread this weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Congrats on the new class to teach. I loved my Public Speaking class.
    @laurie--You know I'm interested in that run! Keep me posted on the details!

@robin--thank you so much for the kind words! In answer to your question, I don't necessarily feel the need to lose the 20 lbs so much as I know my body fat % isn't where I would like it to be. Ideally, if I could lose 10 lbs of fat and convert 10 lbs to muscle, I would do that. However, that's even harder than merely losing 20 lbs of fat. I also agree that I'm more concerned with continuing to put better nutrition in my body. I still eat way too much junk when it's available. You've definitely given me something to think about regarding my true goals. Sorry to hear about you step-mother--hugs to you.

@lori--I'm much better at organizing my goals than I am at completing them. :blush: I'm sorry about the continued stress regarding your son. I have no children, so no sage advice for you--just hugs and good vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, I'm short on time for personals. Still have 12 outlines to grade.

AFM--Good news regarding my shoulder. Last week my PT did some sort of adjustment on my shoulder and I think I'm finally on the mend. No more neck or back pain, and my shoulder pain is diminished as well. Today at my PT session, I had a much better range of motion and strength, so hoping this continues.

More good news. I found out that my 5th class next year will be Public Speaking. It is a one semester elective open to grades 10-12. I've never taught it, but a colleague already forwarded me the entire curriculum, so I probably won't have to do much in terms of creating lessons for the class. Of course, I will have to go through her units and learn the curriculum, but I used to run the Speech Team, so I'm at least familiar with the skill objectives. I'm actually really excited about this new prep--oh, and did I mention no papers to grade? :smiley:

Thursday Truth:
    Ate like a beast yesterday--coffee cake, munchkins, chips, ugh! Today was better but certainly not perfect.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. 3/64 AP essays
    3. 7/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 48/60 JRP outlines

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT DONE + gym ??? NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Hansea- I am sorry to hear about your sister's issues. Prayers for your family.
    hansea47 wrote: »
    This was possibly one of the worst weeks ever for emotions, stress and physical ailments combined. I found out that my sister is getting divorced; my BIL is a child molester; we started a brand new registration system at work and it was failing big time so I had to spend the whole week apologizing to patients for excessive wait times and tracking all the quality failures; and a stomach virus is moving through our home, first my daughter, then my husband and the latest- me- at work. At the end of the day. On Friday. I was closing up shop, and I just wanted to get the **** out of there, but I had to keep running to the toilet! The silver lining is that my weight is down this morning. I'm just about 45 stomach bugs away from my goal weight! ;)
    Oh, and my internet access at home has been wonky this week, too. So, I've been reading along, but unable to post until now. It's been a rough week for many of us. Prayers that next week is much better for all!

March:
    Calorie Goal- 7/21
    Exercise Goal- 6/12
    Veggie Goal-31/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 3/8
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~I am so sorry for your shoulder, I know how frustrated you are. No, we don't want to mask the pain--cannot figure out why some docs think we do. :| I hate you can't get in there for six weeks--do you have to go thru your regular doc for a referral? Or can you ask him to refer you to an orthopaedic specialist instead? I feel like an ortho might be able to help you get to the root of the problem quicker & get you on the road to recovery.

@Holly~Glad to see you check in, losing a job is scary & emotional--hang in there. I hope something comes your way soon.