How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that's not possible. I'm not a wizard.
    Well now my day is just shot.

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'd just take iron tablets if your iron is that low. :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Sorry, but that's not possible. I'm not a wizard.
    Well now my day is just shot.

Sorry, if I was a wizard, I'd just make myself smoking hot and not have to be on here monitoring my calories and exercise, but since I'm not, everyone has to suffer. >:)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Cheerios already taste *kitten* awesome.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Add fruit, I like banana or strawberries. Blueberries would be good too.
  • HisProdigalSon
    HisProdigalSon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stack them to make a straw to drink that puddle of awesome from the bottom of the ice cream bowl.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'd just take iron tablets if your iron is that low. :)

Wait wait, I have an idea, grind the iron pills into a powder and sprinkle it on the cheerios. Your eyes will make your brain think the powder is sugar.

but it wont TASTE better! PLZ PAY ATTENTION!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just kept eating cereal without sugar until I got used to it. Now, I can't eat sugary ones, as they no longer taste good to me. You can get used to it plain.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    Isn't the iron in cereal added, not naturally there? If that's the case, I'd just eat what I liked and take a supplement.

OP has posted here a few times before. She is an extremely picky eater (almost like a toddler), and she has an irrational fear of swallowing a pill, she won't eat Flinstone's vitamins, and she usually refutes helpful suggestions saying that they won't work for her.

I'm not personally attacking OP, as I'm sure she's an overall nice person, but that is how her threads usually pan out.

So, basically, she wants us to tell her how to magically increase the iron in the only food she likes.. Sorry, but that's not possible. I'm not a wizard. Sometimes people have to do things they don't like. I have to go to work and pretend to be a people person every single day. I'd much rather just take an iron pill.

Basically, yes! Or eat a good, bloody steak.
  • katiekinicus
    katiekinicus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OP, I reccomend adding fresh fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas ect) to your Cheerios! Just a small amount can make your cereal sweeter. However, if you continue to dislike them, I'd search for some Iron rich foods you like more! (Spinach, Seafood, Beans, Peas). You can also try increasing your Iron absorption by adding more Vitamin C to your diet.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You could always eat the Multi Grain ones...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Christ. Have you tasted iron pills? *shudder*
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is delicious and low in calories. I use it with cornflakes and it gives me a hint of sweetness and is amazing.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mix w/ marshmallow and peanut butter chips...use the recipe for Rice Krispy treats but replace the cheerios.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'd look for new ways to consume more iron so that you can enjoy foods you love! Iron in supplements is a great idea. Also, perhaps you can consume lots of other iron rich foods at other times of the day and your snack doesn't need to suffer. Just because you are increasing your iron intake doesn't mean that EVERY meal/snack must be super high in iron. Just increase overall throughout the day. I'd check me (since I'm not tracking iron), but I think most leafy green veggies have a good amount of iron. Perhaps you can make a salad to go along with your dinner or a green smoothie for breakfast. I enjoy a green smoothie that has berries, spinach, ginger, almond milk, and perhaps a little mint leaves.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Christ. Have you tasted iron pills? *shudder*

Yeah, I took the humongous ones when I was pregnant. Not super fun, but I'm also not 3 years old, so I did what I had to do.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Four pages and no one has corrected the misconception that Frosted Mini Wheats need fruit and milk to be good? They are fantastic straight out of the box. They used to be one of my favorite snacks before celiac disease came between us.

Oh, I miss them.
This discussion has been closed.