How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    MMMM love plain Cheerios. The Apple Cinnamon ones are pretty good too. Hubby loves the Honey Nut. I'm sure it also helps us to love Cheerios because we live in Buffalo, where Cheerios are made. Our city smells like Cheerios :-)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    You're all wrong. I still haven't seen the right answer.

Fruity Pebbles or GTFO

Chex honey nut
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like mine with coconut milk! Usually the unsweetened vanilla variety. I try to avoid sprinkling them with sugar (SO good, not so healthy though) but the coconut milk is sweet enough and still low in calories! :)
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I still can't get an img tag to work for me. What about sour gummy vitamins? Who doesn't like sour gummies?
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something here? Cheerios are sweet already, sugar is the biggest ingredient after flour. Who on earth adds sugar to pre-sweetened cereal? Is there a different recipe outside of the UK or something?
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Maybe food-based solutions aren't the answer. Get a Mirena IUD and reduce your monthly iron loss. I bet that will at least cover the difference between regular and Honey Nut Cheerios.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering what OP's diet looks like with all this cereal, but no milk/dairy because calcium impedes iron absorption. Where are all the non-iron nutrients?
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is still going?

I say just dont be a wimp and eat the dang cheerios. If you have to mask the flavor of the food, why eat the dang food?!?!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    a kid will eat plain cheerios gladly, but grown-up whines that they're not sweet? cmon now. why don't you eat food that naturally contains iron, not as an additive? Body will probably get more out of it that way. or, supplement - problem solved
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DKG28 wrote: »
    a kid will eat plain cheerios gladly, but grown-up whines that they're not sweet? cmon now. why don't you eat food that naturally contains iron, not as an additive? Body will probably get more out of it that way. or, supplement - problem solved

I think Cheerios are really sweet. If I had them I'd be tempted to eat them out of the box, on their own. Same for shreddies.

Eat the cereal you like though.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    DKG28 wrote: »

+1--Eat the Honey Nut Cheerios if you like them better and get your iron from an iron supplement. Or eat more red meat.
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Use them to garnish a bowl of ice cream.
    With added honey and nutbutter.

I literally LOLd
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios are vastly superior in taste to the cloying gross honey nut ones. So say I.

If you want to increase your iron, eat more beef and dark green veg like spinach, kale, and broccoli. Cereal is just a bizarre thing to use as an iron boost.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add a few dashes of cinnamon and a sliced half of banana or peach.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    There is only 10 calories of difference between the two, (honey nut and regular). I bought some frosted Cheerios yesterday that has 100 calories per serve, same as the unfrosted original variety.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Are you able to add sugar to the Cheerios, I don't know, are you?? If you're wondering if the sugar will just fall to the bottom of the bowl, that's quite likely, I suppose

What I do for eating fruit like oranges and plums is to actually dip em in a little bit of honey first. Yum. I like the yogurt idea. You could also squeeze out some of a low cal whipped cream and take a tiny little bit with each handful of Cheerios. Mmm now I'm gonna have to try this snack

I think the point of those saying you should power through it is that you're essentially taking the food as a drug to correct a medical issue. A legit option is to chomp down on a serving really fast and chase it down with whatever you like - just like you would a pill. Tada! Iron deficiency fixed
  • sandymayhew2014
    sandymayhew2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    mix with vanilla greek yogurt not bad. I use that when I run out of skim milk. I too am and Honey Nut Cheerios lover!!
This discussion has been closed.