40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and prayers. I got s diagnosis ' severe food poisoning. I had symptoms fir 9 days. I was out of the office for 12 days. That's difficult for a CPA late in tax season.

In the middle of that my uncle died. He was like a second father to me. I worked with him for 28 years. Funeral was Friday.

Through all that- I lost three pounds right on schedule. 93 lbs so far since 1/1/14.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Whoooop the sun is back! HUUUGE happy dance B)

Today is my first day with FitnessBlenders 4 week low impact workout. Well I cheated myself of one day and skipped the test. So actually it´s the second day. Anyhoo. My ankles and heel are feeling great, so I am happy. Now for some breakfast and then a walk in the sun B)

Happy Easter everyone!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    We are back!!!!!!!! HAPPY EASTER! We are still on the ship waiting to disembark.
  • alf1163
    2x7c4dwbc7zz.jpg
  • alf1163
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Beautiful Easter Day.q6lfax4a6s7m.jpg
    ac2ljg7tu82x.jpg
    ad4gmig2b6qt.jpg
    6c1goe3yjjg2.jpg
    2wke9hxwxqts.jpg
    6rvak4q10il1.jpg
    yy8e9ifcdn65.jpg
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    I just turned 40 so do I count?
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Happy Easter Cool Kids.

Alf, you are so looking like a movie star.

Alisha, nice pictures. River, swamp and beach in one day. Wow!

I potted a bunch of sprouts, worked in the garden, laid the waterline to the flowerbed and had a nap. Not sure I could have done more.

Midas was either coming or going. He lives in the back yard with Mocha, my chocolate lab. The front yard cats ran him off for being a butt. Him and Mocha are great friends though.

tpftpmtby0vf.jpg

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else,

Larro
  • Hi....I would like to join..not sure how? I'm 43 and have 4 kids all grown and out of the house except one (he's 8 yrs old ). My goal is to lose about 10 lbs and to eat healthy. Right now I don't exercise but I'm looking to start when I find what will work for me. I'm doing the 1200 calorie count and have lost 3 lbs so far (just started last week ).
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Happy Monday- I think. I had a quiet weekend overall. Just not feeling my best. I have spent the last two nights coughing, so sleep has been difficult. I seem to be better during the day, but it's the nights that I am having the most trouble. Didn't make it to the gym today- just too tired.

Alf- you look fabulous! Great Pictures!

Larro- love to see your pets in your pictures. I miss having pets, but with everything that has gone on here over the last several months it just would not have made sense to get one then have to leave it alone too often. Maybe when my hubby is home and has settled in we will talk about getting a new fur baby. We'll see.

Welcome to the new people. Just jump in and join the conversation!

Have a good day all!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Alf, Alisha and Larro- LOVE all of your pictures!
    Alf- my BF and I are heading to the Western Caribbean on May 2nd. So excited!
  • WMDemetree
    WMDemetree Posts: 3,923 Member
    Hi @sherrymaharaj . Just follow this forum I guess. Good luck on your goal, and I would highly recommend starting to exercise. Walks or runs should be fun around this time of the year.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    AllenPriest - Condolences. It has been a tough spring. We lost my father in law and a close aunt since January.

NSV 8 day streak. Slowly getting back. You know it is bad when you get winded in the warmup. I have been unhappy with the creep of the scale so trying to get back on a program.

Lovely pictures all.
    KS - Take care of yourself!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Hello Cool Kids!
    Caramel & E'sMom, thanks for thinking me! :flowerforyou: We just got back from Hilton Head. B's Mom passed just after Christmas, and it was a sort of Memorial for her as well as his dad's 80th b-day.
    We flew into Savannah, and toured a wildlife refuge. We counted 14 of these cuties in a mile of creek!
    q8c6tpept7ta.jpg

We finally got home yesterday after 12 hours flying and driving. So not much exercise last week other than some walks. It was a little too much to bounce out of bed at 4:30 this morn and head to the gym and ride to work ... but tomorrow I'll be back on track.

I felt so blechy after all of the eating out - so headed to the co-op this morning and stocked up on organic veggie juices. Typically I would make them myself, but fridge is empty, and I need raw, nutrient dense food now!

Ruby, I hope you've discovered how to buffer yourself from other's black holes of negativity. Does your office have a door?
    Caramel, your April Fools joke totally cracked me up! I'm so glad your leg isn't damaged worse. Falling is so scary - especially on stair! I know you will care for yourself while you heal.

Alf, it looks like you had an amazing time! Pics are gorgeous.

Kate, congrats on the new shorts! Size 6 is great, but it's nice to know you could totally sport the 4s!

Alisha, looks like you got out in your kayak! Hurray for being on the water!

Jackie, great job on the .8 lbs. I've had friends follow the Paleo strictly. I think there's value in some of the principles, but keep your balance and trust your body while you explore.

KS, I really hope your hubby is with you for the next holiday. It's been such a long journey for you both. Sorry about the cold. Nights are always hardest for some reason when there's a cough.

Natalie, my mother is an avid quilter as well. It's an amazing art. There was a great quilt display at the Charlotte airport.

Crosbylee, I hope you got to see a lot of wildflowers!

Beeps, of course you lifted heavy things!

Stephanie, did you get to the gym Saturday? It's sounds like you were ridiculously busy.j

Larro, love the moonrise and kitty-on-a-stick pics! Your flower garden is sweet. Flower-planting is on my list this weekend.

AllenPriest, glad to hear you're better, and given all of it, you still lost!

Good to hear from you Andy.

Hello to everyone else, and welcome new folks!

Tomorrow I get to ride Buttercup (motorcycle) to work. She's off to the shop to get new steering races & bearings, and then hoping for a long ride along the Trinity River this weekend.

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Nice to hear everyone is trying to get out and move.

Love all the pics!!

Finally seeming spring like around here, other than the inch of snow we had yesterday! Luckily it melted and now it's pretty nice. Weekend was good, other than the scalloped potato mandolin incident. Sliced off the tip/side of my thumb. We got pressure on it and got it bandaged so I'm hopeful it will re-attached. Was not too panicky but felt like I was going to throw up about 10 minutes after. Luckily hubby is a cool cucumber and got me patched up. Hit up kickboxing today. Left my right hand unwrapped and ungloved and just shadow boxed with that hand. soo awkward. May go to 5pm kickboxing too if hubby wants to.

Today is his first day on day shift, so he might be rather tired since I don't think he got to sleep until about 12:30 and was up at 5:30. I got up with him so I could have the car, but I've got the day off so I came home and slept another two hours!
  • alf1163
    Thanks everyone. Fun isn't over. It's a Key West kinda day!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Sounds like everyone had a wonderful weekend! GREAT!

I am now firmly in my "11 lbs to lose in 11 weeks" self-challenge. I joined a couple of "friendly" challenges on another website to keep me honest and on-track.

The first few days of calorie-cut, for me, are pretty hard, so I am giving myself permission to skip the gym today and really focus on keeping calories low, drinking water to keep hunger in check, and making sure I up the number of hours I have (at least the opportunity) to sleep.

BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Well, you have all shared so many beautiful pictures so I thought I'd share the beautiful Easter sunrise I saw yesterday.

zzqz23xwt4mk.jpg
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Hello Cool Kids,

I hope that everyone had a good holiday. I was busy all weekend. I had my granddaughter Saturday and Sunday plus cooked our families Easter dinner. I didn't walk the track but got plenty of walking from shopping.

Here is a picture of my granddaughter when we were getting ready for church.

teaww6nt0utn.jpg
  • WMDemetree
    WMDemetree Posts: 3,923 Member
    she is so cute, may God bless her.