30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What do you guys find to be the toughest move on L1? Mine is the last strength move, I think she calls them anterior raises? Maybe it's because it's the last strength move and I'm exhausted by then, plus I've got no upper body strength, but that one kills me every time!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You'll need those anterior raises to get ready for Level 2. ;) Yeah, they killed me too at first. By the end of level 1, I was able to do them pretty easily. FWIW, I use 3 pound weights.
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete!
  • elizabethliu777
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of Level 2, I still find it nearly impossible to go through without breaks...Though for me, spending 12 days on level 1 instead of 10 makes it easier to ease into level 2...Also, I would say eating right is as if not even more important than exercise. I would shed no pound if I over eat (eating when there is no hunger pangs) or eat bad stuff for my body.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    L01D04 completed earlier today. omgg so thankful i dident try to be too "busy" for the 30ds. lol! My body will thank me in May!!
  • Monieindamid
    Monieindamid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1D3 first time doing 30DS. I am really excited and less sore today than I was yesterday.
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D2 today! Feeling a little sore from yesterday!! Does anyone know how many rest days we can take within the 30 day period? I don't wanna take too many and have the program not as effective
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    dlajambe wrote: »
    Finished L1D2 today! Feeling a little sore from yesterday!! Does anyone know how many rest days we can take within the 30 day period? I don't wanna take too many and have the program not as effective

Speaking from personal experience, I don't think it really matters and you should at a minimum take a rest day once a week. I'm doing this round of 30DS totally differently than most of you - I alternate one 30DS session with my treadmill interval workout and I'm still seeing results. And I rest 1-2 days a week. Being 50 and needing to be able to walk stairs, lift and carry equipment for my job means not allowing myself to get so sore I can barely move. So it will take me about 2 months to complete the program. That's fine with me. I'm not in a hurry. :)
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Argh forgot to check in yesterday. But today L1D5 complete. I'm feeling good and keeping up. Also lately I've been getting a burst of energy towards the end so I go harder! Lol maybe it's the excitement that the work out is almost over lol not sure. Keep it up you guys!
  • MJBez
    MJBez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread. I finished day 4 inlevel 1 last night. Today will be day 5 :smile:
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm having my coffee and then will jump into L1D5. I read a magazine article with Jillian and she suggested (according to fitness magazine) having a 200 milligrams of caffeine 45 minutes before workout to 'increase your burn.' Said it helps you work harder and longer and 'mobilizes fat stores.' Sounds kind of hoaky but the placebo effect is still an effect and I'll take any effect I can get.
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L1D8 completed :). Gearing up for level 2!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested I have just updated the 30DS thread that I've been usiing for motivation it has photos, measurements and fitness test results.
  • kds1340
    kds1340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1 D3 over and done with. Starting to feel not as sore now.
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Finished L01D05 just now!!! Excited I actually held my commitment & didnt give uo bc of the weekend.
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Excited I only have 5 days of level 1 left!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you DaneanP for that advice! I rink I will have my rest day on Sunday's since its kind of a lazy day anyway!
  • kds1340
    kds1340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    4 days down on L1. I checked my HRM and found that I am not burning a lot of calories and rarely pass the fat burn zone. Think I will do 1 more day then have a rest day, try RI30 for 5 days, rest day, 30ds L2 5 days and alternate. maybe this will stop my body from becoming used to the workouts.
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done. Soreness is finally better!
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L1D9 done! Found it harder to do today. I wonder if I'll be ready to progress if my muscles are still wanting to quit on me each workout.