the military diet

Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Aww how cute. My post got flagged as abuse because it wasn't al warm and fuzzy. Smh. If that is "rude" to you, good luck in the real world.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The more of this thread I read, the more Strother Martin comes to mind.

1-Cool-Hand-Luke-quotes.gif

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

I was thinking the two sentences, but, close enough.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Ha! Love it! :D
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    "Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. " - Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

I was thinking the two sentences, but, close enough.

Oddly enough, most of the memes were misquotes.

• gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Aww how cute. My post got flagged as abuse because it wasn't al warm and fuzzy. Smh. If that is "rude" to you, good luck in the real world.

I did not flag any posts, for the record!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Okay, see you back here in a few weeks when you gain in all back.

Sorry, but no reason to be rude...

Truth knows not of politeness nor rudeness. Your interpretation is one of rudeness because you don't like what it says and means.

Truth is not rude. Truth simply ... is.

• gypsychic33
    Options
    It was clearly snarky, obviously, since someone reported it and it wasn't me. An opinion is not necessarily truth.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It was rude. It was also correct- sorry OP. Fad diets do not lead anywhere good.
  • gypsychic33
    Options
    Okay so first morning went well, except it is really a lot if food! I was full about halfway through.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Okay so first morning went well, except it is really a lot if food! I was full about halfway through.

Lolz.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Lolz.

It always amazes me on MFP how many people claim they are "too full to eat more" on a VLCD. How did you get overweight in the first place if you are "full" on 500 calories a day?
  • SLLRunner
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It was clearly snarky, obviously, since someone reported it and it wasn't me. An opinion is not necessarily truth.

No. 99% of the flags do not violate the terms of service.

"Clearly snarky" is in your perception only.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Right.

We got overweight eating a lot of food, and eating a fad diet, or being on a VLCD, is not a lot of food, because both are designed to make you lose weight quickly.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Lolz.

For real!

EWJLang wrote: »

Lolz.

It always amazes me on MFP how many people claim they are "too full to eat more" on a VLCD. How did you get overweight in the first place if you are "full" on 500 calories a day?

Exactly.

• PeachyCarol
    Options

People flag things they don't like. It doesn't mean those things violate the rules. Sergeant Sausage is blunt, but he speaks the truth.

You are NOT doing yourself any favors resorting to fads to handle issues with your weight. It's not a healthy way to view food, or weight, or of solving a problem.

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear. The military diet isnt 500 cals a day is it? I thought it was quite a bit higher than that. Also OP is actually already a healthy weight so jabs as to how did u get overweight in the first place dont apply. I honestly applaud u for STILL replying despite all the critism. I may not support this kind of diet but good on ya for being fairly level headed in ur decisions
  • gypsychic33
    Options
    Guys, I did not flag it, someone else did.

I think it was a mix if the grapefruit and peanut butter that made me feel so full. I don't usually eat grapefruit.

I usually feel hungry shortly after breakfast and tend to over eat later in the day because of it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I really need structure or else I cheat! I figure I will give it a try and if I can't stand it oh well. I don't have that much weight to lose only about 15-20 pounds, so I will only probably do it a Couple times and eat a bit healthier.

Thanks for the responses so far!

give yourself structure!! plan your meals and snacks and grocery store trips. my diary is almost completely filled out for the rest of the week!!