Replies

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ldhudsonjr wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    moesis wrote: »
    Your health should not be determined by current fads, how you feel tomorrow is determined by what you do to it today.

Do you think that's too fat still?
    Sometimes I'm delusional. So I want to know what others think

I can't imagine how you could be considered "fat" at 5"2 145.
    I agree with many of the other posters. If you like how you look and you feel good, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned about the health aspect, you may want to check in with your doctor next time you're there. Either way, do whatever makes you the happiest.

Well I'm considered fat because I have extra fat on my body
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    xjj3xzy94nqm.jpg

I guess it depends on your body fat % really. At 5'1" and 148 (which would probably be about similar to 5'2" and 142-145) I was still rather overweight with a high body fat percentage. I know I would not have been happy to stop there. I was pleased with my progress, but it definitely was not an end point.
    I was around 30-32% body fat still at that point.

When I look at the "thick" example women being presented (the celebrities, that is), their skin looks firm, not fatty/dimply. I am guessing that they have a lower body fat % than the average person at the same weight.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Please someone show me a person with a BMI of 24 who looks anorexic.

My BMI was 24.9 here. Clearly I look nowhere near anorexic, but I don't look approaching overweight either. Imagine what I'd look like at a BMI of 20?

SAM_2629.jpg
    image hosting over 10mb
  • CourtneyMorris22
    CourtneyMorris22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes the current fad is thickness but in my opinion it's not healthy. By all means you should be perfectly happy in your own skin but keep your health in mind. Many thick women are not healthy because they keep telling themselves and everyone else that they're happy being thick just so they can have an excuse to eat whatever they want. I'm not going to lie I envy thick girls only because I work hard to stay small and fit, my 5ft 2, 116lbs don't come easy especially after having 2 kids so there are alot of foods I restrict myself from. So I guess to hear u say that you want to stay the size u are kind of makes me wonder if your making this decision based on an easy way out of staying healthy and fit or do u really want to stay "thick".
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Last I checked, in some parts of the world, morbidly obese is the current trend. Maybe you should work on getting over 300 lbs so you can fit into the trend.*

*Note: This is a satirical post. By no means I am serious. I am simply pointing out how silly it is to base your life around what everyone else is doing.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    How about instead of trying to look like someone else, work at being the best "you" that you can be?

You have your body, that's it. No one else in the world has your body. Work with what you have and embrace and accept yourself. Without surgery, there's no way to be curvy if you're built to be straight and there's no way to be straight if you're built to be curvy. Work with what you have and stop trying to be someone else!
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Honestly I don't think ideal weight is standard for everyone. My post-puberty hips have always been 40" and above even when I was smaller at 130lbs, they're now 43". My waist is about 28. I'm trying to lose some weight and inches off my waist, but I'm gonna be realistic and accept that boobs & hips account for some of that weight. I think if you're fit and active it's fine if you're healthy and keep a stable weight that might be a bit higher than a common goal weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Anyway OP, before I got down below 145 (I'm 5'4"), I was considered "thick". I mean...a few men had actually CALLED me thick. I have a pic in my profile that I put up just for friends yesterday, it's still there. Horrible bathing suit but you can see 29 inch waist and 44 inch hips. I got a lot of attention because my butt was really hard to miss, but it wasn't comfortable on my frame. Neither was 145 honestly.

Now my body shape has changed but I still have some thighs and a booty. So much happier with a trim tummy now. Not to mention, I can move, jump, lift things, and go through daily life easier without the extra weight.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thick is in ?

Are you really willing to let a social fad dictate your health prospects ?
    Are you using thick is in as an excuse to not do the work to get to a healthy Body Fat % ?
    if you feel decent while carrying a high body fat % doesn't it stand to reason you would feel better at a lower Body fat % ?

Being "scared" to lose your butt and boobs ? really ? That is a silly rationalization. If you are going to use fear as a reason for something Be afraid of the long term health consequences of being overweigh. Your life may very well depend on it.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    angellll12 wrote: »
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

Daaaaaammmmnnnnn... Nice ;D
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would say check the BMI chart and just make sure you're not over a BMI of 25. I know it's far from perfect, but unless you are a bodybuilder or serious athlete it'll be a reasonable estimate. I am five three, 123 lbs and have not lost my butt. :) Exercise your glutes so they stay big, round and lifted.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This thread. I can't.

Ah. Aside from height weight issues- you can be confident and love what you look like and still realize that you need to make changes.

These two things are not the same and not equal.

Lot so of people think I look amazing- and I still see work that needs to be done. I still love myself and I still think I look good- but I still see work that needs to be done. Because my self confidence is not 100% tied to my appearance.

People need to realize you CAN love yourself and be confident at any height weight.

But that doesn't mean you should just stop with all goals and plans because you're confident in your self as a person.

Being said OP- you really need to get off this idea that "thick is in" so I should just stay here. Work on being the best person you can be- whatever that means to you-and go from there- don't let society's standards drive your goals- that's completely ridiculous.
  • arditarose
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    This thread. I can't.

Ah. Aside from height weight issues- you can be confident and love what you look like and still realize that you need to make changes.

Lot so of people think I look amazing- and I still see work that needs to be done. I still love myself and I still think I look good- but I still see work that needs to be done. Because my self confidence is not 100% tied to my appearance.

People need to realize you CAN love yourself and be confident at any height weight.

But that doesn't mean you should just stop with all goals and plans because you're confident in your self as a person.

Being said OP- you really need to get off this idea that "thick is in" so I should just stay here. Work on being the best person you can be- whatever that means to you-and go from there- don't let society's standards drive your goals- that's completely ridiculous.

Love how you put this.
  • arditarose
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Have we established a difference between thick, fluffy, curvy, and decided on if using the phrase "cushian for the pushin'" is also acceptable?

Oh lord. I can't.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Have we established a difference between thick, fluffy, curvy, and decided on if using the phrase "cushian for the pushin'" is also acceptable?

EDIT: Also, what if you're just big boned?

I would just like to state: Curvy =/= obese. Obese = round, not curvy. Curvy = thin waist and white hips. Think hourglass. That's where curvy came from and that's what it is. Round is not curvy. It is one curve.
  • JoRocka
    Options

EDIT: Also, what if you're just big boned?

I would just like to state: Curvy =/= obese. Obese = round, not curvy. Curvy = thin waist and white hips. Think hourglass. That's where curvy came from and that's what it is. Round is not curvy. It is one curve.

perhaps we should stop with that mentality with those words- and just focus on training? It's funny- when I describe myself- none of those words EVER come up.

Ever.

Awesome?
    Fabulous?
    Strong?
    Talented?
    Athletic?
    Skilled and trained?

sure. But I've never once described myself as curvy- I really wish we could get over that.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    This thread. I can't.

Love how you put this.
    Thank you.. I wish we could get this thought/message out MOAR and MOAR LOUDLY.

Because it's true. And it's one of the reasons people hit goal weight and realize they are still deeply unhappy with themselves- and simultaneously the same core principle of the "fat acceptance" movement.

it's why BOTH those situations can and do exist- you have to learn to love who you are as a person. No matter where you find yourself- because you hold value as a human with a brain with the ability to have love- compassion- hate- sorrow- creativity- all these things. Fat or thin- you can still have and do all those emotions and things.