21 day fix

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think it's great. It's an easy way to make sure you are balancing food groups and nutrients. It's an eye opener as to what a proper portion and balance is.

For some people, simple tracking on MFP works. And sure, to the poster who said as long as you are eating at a deficit, whether it be friend chicken and pizza you will lose weight. But fried chicken and pizza, even at a deficit will harden your arteries:)

21 day fix is a great way to learn the right portions of the right foods. And I find it relatively inexpensive compared to what's out there. I wish you the best of luck!

no one is arguing for a diet composed of a 100% fried food and pizza that is just ridiculous.

actually, yes this was argued in one of these ridiculous posts. Anything in moderation is fine.

please point me to the exact quote where someone said to eat a diet composed of 100% of fried food and pizza.

moderation does not equal 100% Twinkies all day. What it does equal is hitting your calorie/micro/macro targets for the day, and then filling in the rest of your calories with foods that one enjoys like pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Tatyanne wrote: »
    ... Some people are better planners than others, so if this color system helps why do you tease? We are here to encourage each others....the world is already full of bullies, don't you think? :o
    ^^^^ OMG so this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stuffed an entire pizza in the carbohydrate Tupperware, half of a peanut butter cheesecake in the protein Tupperware, and 3 snickers into the crap Tupperware. And as if by MAGIC, presto-chango, the Tupperware converts these foods into veggies, my fruits, limits my starch carbs and ensures that I am eating out of all the carbohydrate, protein and crap food groups!!! How does it do that??? Its amazing! I could never create a meal from carbohydrate, protein and crap without the cheesy overpriced color Tupperware in the 21 day fix!!!

Why I can fit an entire cheesecake into my day with these containers! MFP never did that. You know, accuracy, honesty and hard work are SO overrated. :smile: I just completed day 22 and it qualified me for the next Olympics, got me a job as a model, made me swole, trimmed my waistline and started my acting career!

Plus, speaking solely about myself, getting fleeced for a large sum of money on a scam kind of pushes me to stick it to other people to recoup my loss,... er I mean to positively encourage and support others! :smile: So I want to become a BB coach, since I am completely lacking in scruples :smile:

ETA: I am not affiliated with Beach Body in any way and I am not being compensated for my clearly unbiased views!!!

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif
  • Gabbysmom23
    Gabbysmom23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I think it's great. It's an easy way to make sure you are balancing food groups and nutrients. It's an eye opener as to what a proper portion and balance is.

For some people, simple tracking on MFP works. And sure, to the poster who said as long as you are eating at a deficit, whether it be friend chicken and pizza you will lose weight. But fried chicken and pizza, even at a deficit will harden your arteries :)

21 day fix is a great way to learn the right portions of the right foods. And I find it relatively inexpensive compared to what's out there. I wish you the best of luck!

And yet I have reverse my heart disease to nothing and have blood pressure of teenager, eating fried chicken and pizza, explain that!!

Give it some time. Unless you are the lucky 1%. Gamble with that if you would like. None of my business.

so you know more than her cardiologist?????????????

I actually have a job, so I am going to get back to it. But yeah, I was a former ICU nurse. I know what the odds are and have taken care of people on death's door. Eating at a calorie deficit with the wrong foods will kill you in the long run. But knock yourselves out.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

For some people, simple tracking on MFP works. And sure, to the poster who said as long as you are eating at a deficit, whether it be friend chicken and pizza you will lose weight. But fried chicken and pizza, even at a deficit will harden your arteries :)

And yet I have reverse my heart disease to nothing and have blood pressure of teenager, eating fried chicken and pizza, explain that!!

Give it some time. Unless you are the lucky 1%. Gamble with that if you would like. None of my business.

I actually have a job, so I am going to get back to it. But yeah, I was a former ICU nurse. I know what the odds are and have taken care of people on death's door. Eating at a calorie deficit with the wrong foods will kill you in the long run. But knock yourselves out.

Provide evidence that eating fried chicken and pizza every once in awhile harden arteries.
  • ndj1979
    Options

still waiting for the exact quote of the person advocating 100% diet of fried food and pizza..

I was not aware that ICU nurse = cardiologist...

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

still waiting for the exact quote of the person advocating 100% diet of fried food and pizza..

I was not aware that ICU nurse = cardiologist...

Well duh. I used to be pretty hardcore into astronomy so clearly I'm an Astrophysicist.
  • baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The Beachbody hate on these forums is kind of ridiculous.

21 Day Fix is a fine program. I did a round of it, found that I preferred counting calories to counting containers. All's well that ends well. But the program does not just send you cute little tupperware and make you hope for the best. The containers are all portioned for their respective food groups and you eat a certain number of each container based on your caloric goal. They provide the formula to calculate your caloric need in the program manual. It does NOT just equate to 1200-1500 calories. There are several calorie ranges to choose from based on what your body needs, and you modify as you need.

Yes, the program comes with an extensive nutrition guide that tells you what foods you should place into what containers, swaps that you can make for treats a few times a week (wine, potato chips, chocolate, etc). It comes with recipes, seasoning mixes, etc etc.

Do I think it's the most amazing program in the world? No. I personally was bored to death by the workouts and didn't find that using the containers helped me any. However, I have a close friend that has done 3 rounds of 21DF and 21 DF Extreme, and has lost over twenty inches... And kept them off. So, let's not claim that the program doesn't provide permanent results.

OP, I hope you have the best of the luck with this program - for some it works wonders. For me, I preferred to just continue logging here and I went to a different, higher energy program. I'm all about the Turbo Fire. :)
  • lloon70
    lloon70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i dont use it. i prefer to use a food scale to measure my food. I'm a very picky, i eat the same thing all the time.
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Isn't 21 day fix just a MLM disguised as a weight loss program?

My friend is doing it and while she looks fantastic all of a sudden her Facebook feed is full of posts looking for 10 ladies who want to experience what she has with hashtags about being a beach body coach.

How can you be a coach for someone when you've been following a program for barely 2 months and have no track record of keeping it off?
  • Gabbysmom23
    Gabbysmom23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The ignorance from SConnie and Ndj isn't really worth my time. Interpret what I say as you choose. Have a nice day.

To the original poster, do what works for you. Certain things work for certain people. I found it to fit my lifestyle and needs. Other people find food scales and MFP to do so. Good luck on your lifestyle change and your weight loss journey.

• ndj1979
    Options
    The ignorance from SConnie and Ndj isn't really worth my time. Interpret what I say as you choose. Have a nice day.

To the original poster, do what works for you. Certain things work for certain people. I found it to fit my lifestyle and needs. Other people find food scales and MFP to do so. Good luck on your lifestyle change and your weight loss journey.

so where is that quote, or can't you find it?

I find it hilarious that you think you are qualified to give someone better advice than their cardiologist....
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

so where is that quote, or can't you find it?

I find it hilarious that you think you are qualified to give someone better advice than their cardiologist....

We're just ignorant.... we don't know anything. ;)

She can't find the quote because it doesn't exist.
  • Serah87
    edited April 2015
    Options

So basically you come on and post, and tell me I will die early because I eat such and such foods and you can't prove or back up what you say?? Please, please tell me your not a nurse anymore because you should be a shame of yourself for saying things like that!!!!
  • Beauty_For_Ashes
    Beauty_For_Ashes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    From my own experience: I have done the 21 day fix a few times, and at first I found it restrictive, but my issue has always been poor portion control and eating all the very bad things (high sugar, high carb, et all). Anyway, I saw results on the fix, but when I was off it and I'd start including non-fix friendly foods back into my diet, I'd gain.

Without the fix, I wouldn't have known that I'm sensitive to a lot of refined carbs, because I never removed them from my diet. I felt AMAZING on the fix, but it is not sustainable for my life right now. I am not anti-fix, but it is a temporary fix unless you only eat on that plan for the rest of your life. It is nothing more than a deficit-based "diet" program. I don't like shakeology, so I never included that in my diet (I do like the Juice Plus shakes, so I included those in).

I have been figuring out IIFYM, and it's a SLOW process. The real key to weight loss that I keep coming back to is: Eat less, move more. Learn about the food you are eating and how it interacts with your body.

If this works for you, I wish you all the luck in the world! Everyone is different and they will find their way, or die trying.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    @Gabbysmom23 are you lacking in the skill to navigate MFP and find the quote that you keep saying exists?
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have had amazing results personally and have worked with a handful of people who have as well.
    If you dont have anything positive to say dont say anything at all. Everyone is different and there is no need to make someone feel bad for trying something that they think will help them.
    For me, I have always been into healthy eating but using the system has helped me dial in my nutrition. I found that i was over eating in some areas and not eating in others.
    The system is designed to take the guesswork out of the equation. The macros and micros have all been pre determined so all that you need to do is follow the outline and you will be successful.
    The holier than thou people really bother me, Im sorry but no 2 of us are alike and what works for me might not work for you and vice versa, but I would never tell you that you were wrong for thinking something different than me. Everyone has a right to their own thoughts and what is going to work for their body.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I have had amazing results personally and have worked with a handful of people who have as well.
    If you dont have anything positive to say dont say anything at all. Everyone is different and there is no need to make someone feel bad for trying something that they think will help them.
    For me, I have always been into healthy eating but using the system has helped me dial in my nutrition. I found that i was over eating in some areas and not eating in others.
    The system is designed to take the guesswork out of the equation. The macros and micros have all been pre determined so all that you need to do is follow the outline and you will be successful.

The holier than thou people really bother me, Im sorry but no 2 of us are alike and what works for me might not work for you and vice versa, but I would never tell you that you were wrong for thinking something different than me. Everyone has a right to their own thoughts and what is going to work for their body.

MFP does all that for free.

• Serah87
    Options

MFP does all that for free.

Yeah but that's to easy, ;)
  • klogan2011
    Options
    I have been doing it on and off for about a year. Great program!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    baileyh_ wrote: »
    The Beachbody hate on these forums is kind of ridiculous.

You understand that's because beachbody is an MLM, and the below par dietary supplements and meal replacements they advertise as magic super foods....right??