Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    She is a good scam artist. $$$
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Here is Science Babe's response to Fraud Broad's response:

Ms. Hari has already made false claims about me on her website.

Is anybody shocked?

One of us stuck to the facts. The other one made up some *kitten*.

To clear the air, I was not fired from my previous position as a research chemist. The company I was at had a rough two years fiscally and I was one of the last hired. I am re-hireable and was in good standing at my last company when I left. It was confirmed by management at the company that It had nothing to do with my writing. That was fabrication on the part of whoever sent her that email.

It was entirely libelous of her to publish that and I demand a retraction or she will be contacted by my lawyer.

Your move, Vani.

Love this.

What's sad is that even if the Food Babe does get sued into oblivion, there will be a half a dozen more like her waiting in the wings to take her place. We need to go after the head of the snake: Dr. Oz, we're coming for you!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    So this is where some people I know are getting their "information"....

When I told them that my in-law's beef farm doesn't put any antibiotics into their cows (unless they're really sick... you know, kind of like what we would do ourselves if we were sick....) not because they're organic or whatever, but because that's the standard here, they didn't believe me. Apparently they weren't interested in talking to an actual farmer to find out what they actually do (or in most cases, don't do).

(I'm in Canada)

Farmers here have been trying to get Vani to actually visit a farm... but I think she won't because it would ruin her Jimmy Choo's or some such... and that she might actually be enlightened.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I don't know if anyone posted this, but here is her response.
    http://foodbabe.com/response-to-gawker-the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-*kitten*/

I couldn't read all of it because it's the same stuff over and over again... woe is me! I'm a martyr! Attack my opponents foodbabearmy!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    peter56765 wrote: »

Is anybody shocked?

To clear the air, I was not fired from my previous position as a research chemist. The company I was at had a rough two years fiscally and I was one of the last hired. I am re-hireable and was in good standing at my last company when I left. It was confirmed by management at the company that It had nothing to do with my writing. That was fabrication on the part of whoever sent her that email.

It was entirely libelous of her to publish that and I demand a retraction or she will be contacted by my lawyer.

Your move, Vani.

Love this.

What's sad is that even if the Food Babe does get sued into oblivion, there will be a half a dozen more like her waiting in the wings to take her place. We need to go after the head of the snake: Dr. Oz, we're coming for you!

The head of that particular snake is Oprah. She's foisted Dr Oz, Dr Phil AND Deepak Chopra on us!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member

Is anybody shocked?

Your move, Vani.

Love this.

The head of that particular snake is Oprah. She's foisted Dr Oz, Dr Phil AND Deepak Chopra on us!

Preach!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    ScienceBabe's takedown was fantastic. Seeing FB's response of " I’m full of heart, love and hope for a better future, and I know you are too" assured that I'm fully on Team Science Babe.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Has she attacked carbon yet?

That made me snort loudly.

The only issue is she can pronounce 'carbon' or at least I hope she can
  • crazyjerseygirl
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Is anybody shocked?

Your move, Vani.

Love this.

Preach!

OMB I'm gonna try to friend almost everyone in this thread! I found pro-sci ppl!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    LoL, I feel the same way CJG. I've only been on the board for a few weeks and initially I was nervous I would find nothing but woo (especially reading thread titles - Isagenex, Cleanse of the Week, Juicing/Fasting) but thankfully I have been very pleasantly surprised for the most part.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    She is a good scam artist. $$$

Yep.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    LoL, I feel the same way CJG. I've only been on the board for a few weeks and initially I was nervous I would find nothing but woo (especially reading thread titles - Isagenex, Cleanse of the Week, Juicing/Fasting) but thankfully I have been very pleasantly surprised for the most part.

I have been fighting, FIGHTING I say to not respond to each and every "cleanse" post with "THATS WHAT YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE FOR!!!!!"
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member

I have been fighting, FIGHTING I say to not respond to each and every "cleanse" post with "THATS WHAT YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE FOR!!!!!"

Stop fighting, it's not good to hold that kind of frustration in.
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Now let me go write my scientist congressperson......oh...wait....

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

Ha! NDT is my physics crush!
    Neil DT is so cool I saw him on 60 minutes last weekend...I really want to go and listen to him speak...again this whole topic makes me so glad I don't FB! I had never even heard of the whoever babe until now and I am like what...??
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Your frustration is obviously toxins
  • crazyjerseygirl
    LCloops wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Now let me go write my scientist congressperson......oh...wait....

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

Ha! NDT is my physics crush!
    Neil DT is so cool I saw him on 60 minutes last weekend...I really want to go and listen to him speak...again this whole topic makes me so glad I don't FB! I had never even heard of the whoever babe until now and I am like what...??

I'm always at the NatHis museum in NYC
    maybe I'll bump into him one day ;)

Of course he got happily married when I was 8 so I doubt he'd be interested!
  • DaneanP
    edited April 2015
    Hell, not only do I say that to people on this board, I say this to people face to face! My sister just did a 3 day "cleanse" fast (she says not to lose weight). I'm like WHY? So you can feel more like a PMSing crazy woman with a migraine but with less energy and muscle strength? YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE FINE!!!

She just looked at me and changed the subject.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Hell, not only do I say that to people on this board, I say this to people face to face! My sister just did a 3 day "cleanse" fast (she says not to lose weight). I'm like WHY? So you can feel more like a PMSing crazy woman with a migraine but with less energy and muscle strength? YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE FINE!!!

She just looked at me and changed the subject.

Oh hun. There is so much anti science out there that I gotta pick my battles!

I tend to focus on anti vaxxers and ppl who try to force creationism into public schools because those actually affect others. If someone wants to drink tea for 6 days be my guest! Of course I'd probably be louder if I actually had to deal with that person!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Bukawww wrote: »
    I loved this. And Crazyjerseygirl.. you are right on. and its sad. because it's often those who have no choice in those decisions that suffer(unvaccinated kids).

And OH NO!! there's nitrogen in the air and acetic acid in your salad!! loved it!

Yup! And dihydrogen monoxide in your body! *gasp!*

The vaccination thing really irks me. My sons best friend can't get MMR for medical reasons, so now his parents get to live in fear because of dopes who prefer disbarred doctors and playboy bunnies to actual science. :(

If her son can't be vaccinated, then he is part of the problem - however he somehow gets a pass because you know his parents personally and understand their reasoning for not vaccinating. Parents that choose to under vaccinate or not at all just MIGHT have a good reason that doesn't seem obvious to people like you who like to clump everyone in the same box...very few people who do not vaccinate these days actually care about autism or Jenny McCarthy, FYI. You never know why parents choose not to vaccinate...but I'm sure you don't care about that and prefer to assume you know everything about everyone and their motives.

Uh huh
    There's legit medical reasons like albumin allergies (this boy), immune disorders, bad familial reaction and probably a few others of which I am unawares.

Then there are the scientifically illiterate who fear autism, Hg, viruses or just are on a bandwagon because it's cool. If you're in the latter category hell yeah I judge you, you're a dope.

No pro-vaxxer in their right mind has ANYTHING against the former group remaining unvaxed, its just dolts like to conflate the two to make us look bad. Shame on you.

Just an FYI - some of us are reactive to thimerosal (the mercuric-ion-containing compound). And as I've found, finding a thimerosal-free dose is an exercise in futility some years. Other years, it's no big deal. So if someone says they're not getting vaxxed because of mercury, it isn't necessarily because of irrational fear. (But more than likely it is.)

Besides, the success rate of protection with the flu vax is really poor. I personally wouldn't get that particular vaccine unless I was in a high risk category or worked around those in a high risk category. That is, if I had a choice that would let me keep my job, which I don't. Partly that's because every year I've had the vaccine, I've gotten the flu. And no, I'm not thinking I got the flu from the vax, either. Before being required to get the vax, I hadn't had the flu in at least a decade. Makes me suspect that I'm a poor responder and the thing is completely useless for me other than to make me feel like I've been kicked by a horse for a week, and give me a golf ball-sized lump at the injection site.
  • DaneanP
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, but in all other ways she is a smart, sensible woman who doesn't fall for woo. It just threw me for a loop. She's been struggling with her mood (chasing after twin 4 year old boys, one of whom has autism will do that) and is grasping. I didn't see how a 3 day cleanse fast would help that. :(