Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant!

Options

Replies

• essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How awesome, congrats Angie!!!! What an incredible byproduct of such a great loss! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I'm Jan 16th :glasses:
    How are you feeling so far other than worried sick?
    Lots and lots of super sticky baby vibes to you :flowerforyou:
  • zoethomas1978
    Options
    hi there angie
    I have yet to see my doctor but I am thinking I am between 4-6 week pregnant. Nice to know that being scared is normal as I am absolutely bricking it. This will be my first and you could fit my family in a phone box so no real experience with kids...so if you need support think nothing of adding me!
    :wink:
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Its so exciting to see all the new mamas! Reintroduction, I'm Melissa and I am 14 wks along w/ my 4th! My others are dd9, ds7 and ds6.

Heather, how was your time in AZ with hubby? Maybe you are still there! I hope it has been amazing!

Lexie, how about you? See hubby yet? I am so happy for you both. I can't imagine the wait but the reunion must be unmatched.

I had a delightful weekend away with my mom and sisters. We went to portsmouth NH and window shopped and walked around the beautiful city. We ate some really delicious food but shared it all so no one overate. It was simply delightful. Topped our night off w/ an hour long swim to earn our dessert. So much fun. I wish I had a pool in my basement. Its definitely one of my favorite ways to exercise pregnant. Good thing summer is coming! I think I'll live in the lake down the street.

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. At the dr for my last checkup I had gained 10 but I was back down a little when I weighed at my moms (not an official way to weigh as her scale isn't very reliable). I don't have a scale at home. I use the wii to weigh in or do it at the gym or dr. I can't seem to walk by a scale w/o stepping on it so I got rid of it years ago lol. I am feeling SOOOOO much better. The nausea is mostly gone and I have a lot more energy. I need to start getting regular workouts back in now. I went for a jog/walk last week and was disheartened at how much stamina I have lost. I was running 5 miles when I got pregnant. I had just run 3 in under 30 minutes the day before I found out I was pregnant then the nausea and tiredness hit and I feel like I barely moved for 2 months. Time to get back in the swing of things....

My goals for the week are to get 200 minutes of workout in at least. I had great plans to hit the track this week at 6 am but we are having the rainiest week ever so it hasn't happened yet...
    Yesterday my appetite was larger than it should have been and I overate. I was only over by 200 calories or so but I could have easily have made that up w/ a walk if I had gotten off my lazy but lol.

In unrelated news, we have a 2003 Ford Windstar that was recalled for a cracked axel. We dropped it off for repair last November and have been in a 2010 Town & Country and 2010 Dodge Caravan since then. Today we have to bring it back. WAAAA :sad: I feel like cinderella when her coach turned back into a pumpkin lol. Wish we had the money to buy it but alas...we don't. It certainly was fun while it lasted!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. 4 months now. Just wondering how everyone is finding their weight gain? I'm sure is different for everyone, some more in beginning, and some in end. I haven't found I have gained really anything yet, but I am eating lots so I know I am ok. Have my midwife appt today so I'm sure they will check on that. I am only 16 weeks so I bet until the next trimester I'll start putting on a lb a week, and then after that slow down. Just curious what everyone else is finding with their own. Especially cause we are FIT, FABULOUS AND PREGGERS, I know we are all trying to stay healthy during this time!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello all- Welcome and congrats to all the new mom's-to-be!

atynk- I haven't really gained anything either. The doctor hasn't said anything so i figured everything must be fine. I'm happy because with my first I gained tons of weight because I believed I could just lose it all without a problem realizing it was a problem later.

I really hope it gets warmer soon so i can get outside to get some exercise. I'm sick of being inside.
    This weekend we are supposed to go to another birthday party for our niece but I think we are going to stay home and get do some productive things around our yard and also just enjoy OUR family for a weekend. My hubby is away on work from Sunday afternoon until Friday nights and when he has time off it seems everyone is pulling him in a thousand different directions and we don't get to spend time as a family. Last summer seemed hard sometimes because of it. Sorry, I needed to vent a little.
    Next Dr. appointment is June 3rd. I'll be almost 16wks by then. Maybe by then I will be starting to show too!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies!

Heather and Lexi: I hope you had a lot of fun and quality time with the hubbys!

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. The fatigue and nausea hit me a lot harder then I had expected. I am just starting to feel a little normal.

Melissa: I know exactly how you feel "I found out I was pregnant then the nausea and tiredness hit and I feel like I barely moved for 2 months." I've been able to get in one workout a week and a couple walks. This week my goal is to walk every day and try to get in 2 workouts. It's a lot less then my 5-6 days a week 60 minute classes but I'm just happy to be awake.

I have unfortunately put on weight. It fluctuates like crazy. I've put on about 5 lbs and I'm 9 weeks along (for awhile it was 8 lbs but most of it was bloat that finally went away). I know it's because I haven't exercised as much. I am someone that has to workout because I like to eat. It does not help that carbs and dairy are the most appealing things to me right now. I've maintained my weight the last week so I'm hoping to get back on track especially now that I feel a little better. Man it is hard to see those pounds come back on. It will be easier when the baby is bigger and I know it's more baby weight.

I'm jealous of those that have not put on any weight yet:tongue:

I have my first actual appointment with my OB next Thursday. I hopefully will get to hear the heartbeat. On June 7th I get my first u/s. I can't wait for both these milestones as then I will be comfortable to tell more people along with work about the baby.

Well I have to get back to work:laugh:

Hope you all are having a great day!

~Nichole
  • essbe
    Options
    Hi everyone :bigsmile:

I haven't seen a doc yet either Zoe, just now made an appointment for Monday arvo. Do you have an apt yet?

Still feeling totally normal, no ms, no nightmares, no indigestion, no exhaustion, no sore boobs. Totally not complaining!! Trying not to let it make me nervous and just enjoy it... was certainly NOT been that way with the other three! Maybe that means this one's a girl ;);) (chance would be a fine thing, sigh) :laugh:
  • zoethomas1978
    Options
    hey essbe,
    Well just nausea but not blowing chunks. Got the official confirmation from the drs yesterday, (before you can get referred for all the maternity stuff you have to an offical hospital test...like you would lie about it!) so off to see the midwife on friday morning and really nervous..but really excited as I will find out about ante natal classes and all the other rigmarole that you need when you are pregnant.
    Still being really good with the food but haven't actually weighed myself..suppose I had better pop on the scales.
    Good luck and hang on in there
    Zox
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hello my Fit and Fabulous gal pals! I'm back from AZ and just wanted to pop my head in real quick. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow as I am absolutely exhausted. Welcome to all the newcomers! Glad to have you join us!

Hope you all are having a wonderful week and making healthy choices! My healthy choice for the day was that even in spite of the fact that I was exhausted, I managed to mow my lawn cause it is going to rain the for the next 5 or so days and the grass was in dire need of being cut. What was your healthy choice for the day?
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Today was my first doc visit...I am so glad to see my baby via ultrasound got to see its heart beat...So far I have no morning sickness, thank GOd for that. My due date is 12/30/11....Can't wait to hold my baby...
  • essbe
    Options
    Hope the midwife went well this morning Zoe :) Or will go well, depending on the time difference lol, it's early afternoon Friday here at the moment ;)

Congrats on the heartbeat anna :) and thanks for the welcome heather :D

The soul crunching exhaustion has set in here, yesterday I didn't go to the gym, fell asleep right after work in the evening, woke up to put the kids to bed and went back to sleep again, ugh.
    This morning though I forced myself to the gym anyway, expecting to fall asleep on the treadmill, and actually feel MUCH better for it! Who woulda thought, and thank goodness for that!

Hope every one is having a happy healthy day :)
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

essbe that is exactly how I felt in the beginning...absolutely exhausted, but surprisingly with more energy when I would just MAKE myself workout. I am not at that point where I feel human again and working out makes me feel even that much better! Good job pushing through!

anna isn't that a wonderful sight to see that little flicker of a heartbeat?! It was just amazing to me! Congrats! :)

Well Arizona was absolutely amazing. I can't even tell you how perfect everything was. Seeing my husband was the best part (of course). He has been working out and eating really really well and it has paid off and he looks soooooo good. He has always been a tall, slender looking guy. But he has never liked working out. He has found that passion that I've had for working out and I love it! We stayed at the Ritz Carlton resort outside of Tucson and if any of you are ever in the area, I totally recommend the place. It was perfection. From the hiking trails around the resort (which we hiked the canyons every morning), the heated swimming pool with people who bring you ice water every time you drink yours up...to the Native American flutist who stood on the side of the canyon and would play music before sunset every night....I never wanted to leave! lol! Besides the hiking I got in 1 good workout in their Fitness center (which of course was impeccable). All is all it was a wonderful experience.

Hubby should be home in 4wks now...and I can't wait!

So...I know we are all in a place where we want to be the most fit/healthy that we can while we are pregnant, but what are your goals after baby comes? Mine are to continue my workouts (after being released to workout of course...hope to start at least walking within a week or two) 5-6days per week, I am breastfeeding so I won't be able to start dieting right away but I plan on getting serious about it come January 1st (who can start being super strict with their diet during the holidays? lol), and getting to my goal weight of 135-140lbs.

What about you ladies?
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Sounds like everyone has been busy the last few weeks! Welcome to the newcomers :-)

Italy and France were fabulous, but ten hours of flying yesterday wasn't so fun. Surprisingly, I am not too exhausted this morning, but anticipate a big fade this afternoon. Ate like it was going out of style so I was a bit nervous to step on the scale this morning. I am happy to report that I didn't actually gain at all. So surprising after all the bread, pasta and gelato (which I ate everyday, sometimes twice!) We did lots of walking and a little hiking so that definitely paid off.

Heather - so glad you got time with your husband! Lexi - what's this special belly support?? I am thinking I need it for my runs too!

I have my 24th week appointment today since I missed it last week. It's the gestational diabetes test so wish me luck.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Nichole I'm glad you are starting to feel better...hopefully you hit that point soon where you get your energy back and you feel better than ever. I'm loving this phase. After being on Clomid for a few months and then the 2 miscarriages and then taking the Progesterone...I haven't felt like myself since last August! I'm so excited for your appt on Thursday and then your ultrasound in a couple weeks! How exciting!!!

Smilegirl I am sooooo jealous but so happy for you that you had such a wonderful, amazing trip in such an incredible part of the world (not to mention bread, pasta, and gelato are my FAV'S!!!). And that is fantastic that you didn't gain any weight! Lucky! :) Good luck on the appt today! I'm sure it will all be fine. You workout enough that it shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

I went on a 5 mile walk/hike today. We got caught in a thunderstorm and I go with my good friend who is 40wks pregnant on Tuesday. The storm moved in fast and the last mile I took her 2 year old in the jogging stroller and ran with her to their house. My friend walked quickly behind me and jogged the last couple of driveways in. She was more worried about the 2 y/o so she asked me to take her. Now I'm no runner...far from it, but it was nice to know I could if I had to. I was pretty proud of myself for not stopping. That is my accomplishment for the day! lol!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and making healthy choices!
  • essbe
    Options
    To be able to run when you need to sounds like a very satsifying achievement to me! Yay you!

You ladies sound like you've been on some amazing trips lately! Is your husband out in Arizona for work heather?

I haven't really thought as far ahead as goals after baby, I'm really focused on trying not to gain too much during the pregnancy! I have heard of a few very overweight people who actually lost all the way through pregnancy, and ideally I'd like to do that... I have my first GP apt on monday and hopefully she will be able to tell me if "i'm allowed" to aim for that!

Hope everyone has a good weekend :flowerforyou:
  • Rebecca1428
    Rebecca1428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi ladies, I haven't read up the thread yet but I was so excited to find it! I am Rebecca, I have lost 80 pounds since i had my first baby in December 2009 (25 on MFP since December 2010). Found out I was pregnant just this week! :) Due around January 27 2012. I plan to continue tracking my food and exercise throughout my pregnancy so I won't gain 65 pounds like I did last time. Right now I have my calorie goal set to 1600 and will up to 1800 and 2000 for 2nd and 3rd tri. I have already been pigging out on brownies so I'm trying to get my MFP mojo back :)

Anyway congrats to you all and I am excited to be on this journey with you! I'll put a pregnancy ticker on soon.
  • Rebecca1428
    Rebecca1428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey I see a lot of bump tickers on here - Do any of you post over there? I am RebandJake on the Bump. I usually post in PAL.
  • essbe
    Options
    Boo, dropped husband at the airport suuuper early this morning. He's gone for a week, then home for two weeks then gone for a month. Normally I cope with a week fine, but I think because I'm already REALLY dreading the month (two weeks of which is school holidays, and when he's away I'm full on in our business without him, so I'll have kids home and full on work, and trying to keep kids hidden and quiet in our industrial warehouse, UGH!) um, yeah, so I think because i'm already really dreading the month, my brain has included this week in it already and so it's just all bad. Already. Lol.

The kids and I have eaten rocky road and licorice today, and that's about it :embarassed: Must, get, organised! I'm not sure how the heck I'm going to be able to fit the gym in with him away, I really hope I can. Definitely won't be able to in school hols, but I'm thinking too far ahead there lol

Welcome Rebecca :bigsmile: There's a few of us in here now just newly pregnant, due in Jan :flowerforyou:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    essbe my husband is an instructor pilot for the apache helicopter in the US Army and has been gone on training this time since March 16th and will be gone until June 21st....so I understand how it feels to have your partner gone. Before that he was gone from the end of October until the middle of January. This past year has been hard. I just got back from 5 days of visiting him so it made it a little easier. I know it is hard to not wanna eat junk to make yourself feel better when you are bummed...but just remember your goals for the pregnancy! As far as working out goes...maybe you can get some workouts to do at home before the kids wake up or in the evenings. Or take the kids for long walks at night. Just stay active and that will help tons!

Welcome Rebecca and congrats on your pregnancy! I don't post on the Bump at all. I just got the ticker from there. :) Is 1600 calories your maintenance calories? Remember to eat back your exercise calories as well!

AFM yesterday was hard. It was a perfectly beautiful Saturday and all of my neighbors were bbqing with friends and family while I sat all alone. :( I'm usually pretty good when my husband is away for such long periods of time. That is what I signed up for and I support him in his career/life. This time has been harder obviously cause I'm pregnant. Being pregnant and alone definitely stinks some days. Most days I just keep myself busy and forge on...but some days it is just sad. I'm hoping to stay busy today. Also, my 16wk OB appt is on Tuesday. I'm actually not looking forward to it because I don't want to see how much weight I've gained! For some of you new ladies I was on fertility drugs then on Progesterone for the first 3 months of the pregnancy and in spite of the fact that I workout 6 days a week moderate to heavy workouts burning between 800-1200 cals on average I've still continued to gain like I'm eating like a pig EVERY minute of the day! I truly eat healthy 90% of the time. My doctor didn't seem concerned with my 10lb weight gain by 12wks...so I shouldn't be worried....but I just have days that my weight gain is all I think about. I work TOO hard to not be a cute little belly bumped mama! Guess that isn't in the cards for me. As long as I have a beautiful, healthy, term baby then that is all that should matter! I am very active and have all the tools to lose the weight after the baby is born. So I should just enjoy this time.... right?!
  • essbe
    Options
    Yes, you should :) But that does suck, life is not fair :(
    Stinkers too to everyone out spending family time while you feel all alone. Are you able to meet up with people who's partners work away, or even just work weekends? I was looking on an Australian forum recently and there was a whole section for women who's partners work in the mines, which is a big thing over here, they fly in and fly out, different rosters like 2 or 4 weeks on then 2 or 4 weeks off etc... And I've recently learned that a mum from my eldest son's school has a pilot husband who is frequently away weekends... we're not close enough to do weekend stuff with the kids together at the moment but maybe one day! Anyway my point is I bet there are people around you in the same boat, it's hard when you think everyone else has family time at weekends but I bet there's people around you who feel the same way as you... :flowerforyou:

Will your husband be able to be home for the first few months at least once baby is born?

My niece announced her pregnancy on FB a week or so ago and today had a dating scan - she's due TWO DAYS later than me!!! Crazy! I haven't told anyone yet, so I am now doubly anxious that this pregnancy continue, because having a family member have a baby right when I should have would suck even more than loosing did last time!!

Managed to squeeze a very quick trip to the gym (just 30 mins on the elliptical) in between dropping off kids and getting into work. Short, but still something, so yay!

Happy monday everyone :)