Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble going to sleep so I decided to read the "Cheerios" thread. FML. I think I lost several IQ points and only got to page 14. My head hurts now. :s

I'm extremely smug about my decision to skip to the last 5 pages of that one. Of course, I still wasted time reading those, but I feel like I now understand what people are talking about without having to experience the entirety of what drove all the participants completely mad with frustration.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've gained seventy lbs since I graduated high school less than a year ago. I was already over weight. Ive been telling myselft "tomorrow I'll start losing weight". I never did. I just got this app and I'm GOING TO lose weight this time.

Congrats and way to go! You sound so positive and upbeat and that's a GOOD thing! Welcome to MFP.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    MischelM wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. I'm new to the group, but I can't resist this topic because confession is good for the soul. So I threw in a 33 min. Walk Away the Pounds dvd because I was too lazy to hit the gym, and 16 minutes in I was so beat I skipped to the cool down :blush:

At least you were moving (and possibly grooving?) haha :wink: We all start somewhere.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sombrero=kahlua and cream (or milk, which is how I was introduced to it in college). You could always start a thread asking whether you should make your reduced calorie sombrero with skim, soy milk, or almond milk.

White Russian=same thing with vodka

Black Russian=same thing without the dairy

Mudslide=Black Russian with Baileys too.

I'm not actually recommending any, but we had a kahlua party in college featuring the Russian ones especially.

I thought a Black Russian was coffee liqueur, vodka and coca-cola?

Not that I've ever heard, and that sounds far worse. Regional differences, maybe?
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Second day in a row where I've sabotaged my healthy eating and deficit with candy. Ugh. Gotta rein this in.

Me too. I'm trying to do this higher deficit on rest days thing which might be part of the problem (yesterday was a rest day), but the bigger issue I know was I was stressed and got about 3 hours of sleep the night before. I was totally ignoring the candy and then around 6 pm I just lost it and decided I needed the stupid jelly beans to wake me up. What makes me mad is that unlike the chocolate I decided to enjoy Monday I don't even like jelly beans much. I need to have a protein bar or something on hand for such situations or just bring dinner to work and be willing to eat a bit early.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm feeling like a food monster today and I want to eat everything in the kitchen. I'm fighting super hard with myself right now, reminding (read: yelling at) myself that I just gained over ten pounds on vacation and my pants are ALREADY tight and JUST GET A GRIP ALREADY!!
  • jonathansilas1984
    jonathansilas1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I got out of the army 10 years ago I was 5'6" and 190 pounds of muscle, I looked like a squat brick wall. Since then ive gained 60 pounds and look like I ate the old me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I recently started running outside (okay i did it once) and it went so badly, I just do not want to do it again. Ever. I know it's a terrible mindset but I was getting better at running on the treadmill and then I went outside and it was SO BAD AND HARD.

I feel you on that one. I have been running on the indoor track. As of May 1, its time to move it outside and I am not looking forward to it.

Why? I am curious why you HAVE to move outside if you have an indoor track you obviously enjoy more?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble going to sleep so I decided to read the "Cheerios" thread. FML. I think I lost several IQ points and only got to page 14. My head hurts now. :s

I thought it was gone?? I looked and looked yesterday and could not find it :(
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

http://www.kahlua.com/en/drinks/

There are also recipes out there for Kahlua cake and cupcakes. Yum.

Please enjoy one vicariously for me. I've given up drinking until vacation in June.

• princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well last night, then opened my fridge and a giant easter egg from my mum was there, said I'd have just a piece as I'd done 30mins on the spin bike

Ate the entire thing then realized it was 1000calories T_T

• debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I guess all you got was the Doodle.
  • kgracesch
    kgracesch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time keeping down my fat grams. I'll eat my daily allowance by 11am and then keep on goin..
  • kgracesch
    kgracesch Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I'VE DONE THAT, IT'S NOT NORMAL? LOL
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh my gawdddd. This girl is exhausting. I love how all of the suggestions from yesterday she's magically tried every single one of them and none of them fixed her deficiency overnight. Ughhh.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh my gawdddd. This girl is exhausting. I love how all of the suggestions from yesterday she's magically tried every single one of them and none of them fixed her deficiency overnight. Ughhh.

it's the most beautiful thread ever.

Spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-16257840-1280-800.jpg
  • Ticklemynose
    Ticklemynose Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I get you! I have a stomach fat roll that would make a muffin envious!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession: When working on my dissertation I have to use an app to block certain websites to help me focus. One of them is MFP.

I need that! What's the app?

The one I use for the computer is called 'ColdTurkey' and on my phone I use 'Forest' which doesn't block websites but it lets you grow virtual trees. For every 30 mins of not using your phone a tree will show up. If you close the app before the 30 mins are over it'll die.