Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*

I can't watch Blackfish or The Cove, also John Wick trapped me in a puppy murder scene, and while I don't cry, I couldn't stop thinking about it.
    I ate 2 pieces of pizza and they were in my calories but now I feel guilty because I told myself I was going to eat healthy all day...

Pizza is not inherently un-healthy. It has carbs, protein and fat. Relax.
  • softballgirl712
    softballgirl712 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went over my sisters house to "drop in and say hello" but really I went over to eat left over Easter candy. I can't have in in my house or else I will eat it all mindlessly and in one night.
    Lol that's so sad
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Every time I walk by the road I keep getting catcalled and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unsafe, especially at night :( it's worse because we don't have a car, so I don't really have a choice. I just want to buy my groceries and books without being harassed. I keep thinking that if I were really skinny again it wouldn't happen.

It will still happen. I hate cat calls. They make me confrontational.

I have a safety cat keychain. It's not much, but it makes me feel a little bit safer. Fits over two fingers with points at the top--better than keys between fingers, if nothing else, and far less dangerous than mace.
    I want one! I always wish I'd brought a knife or a razor blade (sometimes I happen to have them in a bag or my phone or whatever.)
    Food confession: granola is my weakness, which is stupid. It has so many calories. I should know just to not have it in the house, but if I'm upset about eating I'm usually okay with it so I end up with enough calories... ugh.
    Also, tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'm afraid I'll have gained a lot.
  • judebristow15
    judebristow15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    loving this thread :)
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We went to the beach this past weekend, I got off work early Friday morning, did my workout, went home, showered and we headed straight there. No sleep Friday at all, did well with keeping up on eating healthy on Friday (even without tracking it), Saturday was supposed to be my 45 min cardio day (I counted walking on the beach as my cardio instead) and didn't track what I ate (though I'm pretty sure I still did okay (ate steak, steamed veggies, sweet potato fries----well healthy minus the one slice of pizza and probably 2 to 3 milk/french vanilla creamer/baileys caramel cream liquor mix drinks before bed) and then Sunday ended up eating banana nut pancakes, a bunch of sour patch kids (because my partner knows I like them and bought me a huge 2lb bag, yes the gigantic one), and 3 slices of ham, pineapple, and bacon stuffed crust pizza hut pizza....whoops! Then Monday had the munchies. Didn't track a single thing I ate......not exactly a good start to my journey.....but not as horrible as it would have been if I wasnt paying attention either. Thanks for letting my get that off my chest. Neither my partner or trainer know.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of the Cheerio thread till it was mentioned here, and I just had to go check it out. I seriously just lost about 2 hours of my life reading about half of it! People are weird....funny, but weird!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I am more competent than I give myself credit for - No one knows hhow much self-doubt I carry with me.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I found out I got into study abroad for next semester, which is GREAT, but now I'm even more concerned about losing weight. I've heard that England is very... harsh to fat women, and I don't want to be worrying about my body and what I'm eating every second of this great experience. It terrifies me.

Not really. I live here and never really get comments. I wouldn't stress unnecessarily over it. I find in America I get a lot more positive comments, people telling me I'm pretty and things, but I don't get negative ones here. The other thing I think is we're very judgemental about American diet and portion sizes etc, but actually we only do it because we're heading in that direction. I also think in the UK you see less people who are massively obese.than you do in America, but I think there are actually more people who ate just quite overweight.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

WHITE RUSSIAN! Or, send the bottle over here. :wink: I love Kahlua and Amarula both are the lovelist liqueurs in the whole wide world.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sombrero=kahlua and cream (or milk, which is how I was introduced to it in college). You could always start a thread asking whether you should make your reduced calorie sombrero with skim, soy milk, or almond milk.

White Russian=same thing with vodka

Black Russian=same thing without the dairy

Mudslide=Black Russian with Baileys too.

I'm not actually recommending any, but we had a kahlua party in college featuring the Russian ones especially.

I thought a Black Russian was coffee liqueur, vodka and coca-cola?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

You could skip the drinking part altogether and make frosting:
    KAHLUA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

I prefer butter to shortening, but either works.

Ah, I saw Kahlua Brownies on Pinterest, I couldn't pin them because I knew I would be making them EVERY weekend.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    kmca1803 wrote: »
    I'd never heard of the Cheerio thread till it was mentioned here, and I just had to go check it out. I seriously just lost about 2 hours of my life reading about half of it! People are weird....funny, but weird!

The Cheerio girl reminds me of a quote from a movie I love

"Talking to Zuzu was kinda like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly amusing.... mostly painful."
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I found out I got into study abroad for next semester, which is GREAT, but now I'm even more concerned about losing weight. I've heard that England is very... harsh to fat women, and I don't want to be worrying about my body and what I'm eating every second of this great experience. It terrifies me.

@shannonbun I am really sorry on behalf on England. But to be fair, I've always thought that way about places like LA and New York (basically where all the 'beautiful' people are) so I don't think it's as bad as you have heard. We do seem to be on a massive 'we must fix the obesity crisis' phase at the moment, but a couple of years ago we were bashing the skinny (think runway models and Victoria Beckham) it just seems to go round in circles over here. From your photo I think you will be fine, you look pretty average size from what I can see. We're not all bad. :wink: Where in England will you be?
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!

I've been the opposite. I've had quite a few times the past few days where I'm sitting reading on my tablet while I'm waiting for water to boil or waiting on my computer to reboot/update/reboot. The thread would've been a lot shorter without the long posts.

Confession: I have an aversion to walking/running outside because of a very near miss I had with a very dead raccoon on the side of the road. I've been once this year so far to the walking trail, because I know it's "safe" in that regard, but I still had an almost overwhelming irrational fear on the sections that are near the woods. Think I'll stick to the treadmill a while longer.

I was walking on the trails near my home one day about a month ago and two foxes ran out of the brush and across the trail about 2 feet in front of me... nearly gave me a heart attack!

I confess it's my dream to see a fox in person. They're adorable! I'm sure the surprise would give me a heart attack too though, which reminds me of a similar story.

My husband and I were running a trail through a natural area last summer when we heard all this racket coming from the right of us. We stopped just in time for a male deer to run right in front of us across the path. We laughed hysterically from the surprise and our doubly increased heart rates.

We have a few "resident" foxes (ie: known dens) in the woods behind my house. We see them occassionally in the yard - and once on my patio! - but we HEAR them all summer. For something so cute and fluffy, they hardly ever shut up! :)

All I see are urban foxes living in London and they are mangy, evil, bullies.
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-125763/Parents-tell-horror-fox-attacks-sleeping-baby.html
    This happened near where I live. If I had a gun...
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession: When working on my dissertation I have to use an app to block certain websites to help me focus. One of them is MFP.

I need that! What's the app?
  • CaylaSimons
    Options
    I've gained seventy lbs since I graduated high school less than a year ago. I was already over weight. Ive been telling myselft "tomorrow I'll start losing weight". I never did. I just got this app and I'm GOING TO lose weight this time.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have eaten cream eggs for dinner more than once in the past week and logged them as my snacks while moving things around from my other meals. I have no idea why, because no one looks at my diary other than me but I just feel guilty. It fits my macros and I exercise like stupid so I just need to get over myself.

I am also refusing to believe that it is the cause of my lack of weight loss because, delicious. Lactose bloat be damned!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I've gained seventy lbs since I graduated high school less than a year ago. I was already over weight. Ive been telling myselft "tomorrow I'll start losing weight". I never did. I just got this app and I'm GOING TO lose weight this time.

That's the spirit!! You can do it don't set a start date just do it!! Woo hoo!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    confession- had a craving for mac and cheese. ate a respectable portioned amount at lunch.

Oh, right the embarrassing part- then went out to dinner (its my family's pizza night) and ate 8 slices of mac'n'cheese pizza with extra mac and cheese added to the top. Basically cheesy pizza drowning in cheese sauce. with pasta.

The manager actually came up and starting asking me questions on how I stay so thin. Yikes. embarrassing.

I'm sorry but I LOL'ed at this.

My confession - I went for a nap last night at 7pm and slept until 6am. Then got annoyed when I saw a fresh new pizza box on the counter, meaning my husband was too lazy to cook any of the meat we HAVE to eat before it goes bad, and ordered pizza instead. So I basically just had to throw away 3 pounds of chicken that should have been cooked last night. I'm pissed.

I guess from now on I'll just buy the more expensive smaller packages of chicken if I'm the only one who eats it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    confession- had a craving for mac and cheese. ate a respectable portioned amount at lunch.

Oh, right the embarrassing part- then went out to dinner (its my family's pizza night) and ate 8 slices of mac'n'cheese pizza with extra mac and cheese added to the top. Basically cheesy pizza drowning in cheese sauce. with pasta.

The manager actually came up and starting asking me questions on how I stay so thin. Yikes. embarrassing.

I'm sorry but I LOL'ed at this.

My confession - I went for a nap last night at 7pm and slept until 6am. Then got annoyed when I saw a fresh new pizza box on the counter, meaning my husband was too lazy to cook any of the meat we HAVE to eat before it goes bad, and ordered pizza instead. So I basically just had to throw away 3 pounds of chicken that should have been cooked last night. I'm pissed.