Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crjmg
    crjmg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crjmg wrote: »
    It is somewhat concerning to read of all the members who must meticulously weigh each item prior to eating it. I am aware that certain individuals are on very regimental diets and must account for every calorie, but these behaviours may become unhealthy habits and may prevent one from living a healthy and happy life. I know this because I have been there too, weighing everything that entered my mouth. You can eye ball most of these (e.g. Tbsp of peanut butter) and I bet you would be accurate. You don't want to become a slave to the scale. It feels a lot better to be able to eat in approximate estimations and you begin to trust your body more, thus building a stronger sense self-concept.

Yeah a lot of people in denial say that too. I'm not saying you are, but, well, my eyeballing skills totally suck and it's pretty often that I get some almond butter, figure it's about 20g... and it's 32g. And I've been doing this for 2 years. So... I weigh.

The thing is... I have a sweet tooth. The only reason I managed to lose weight in the first place is because I didn't have to deny myself those sweets. But they pack calories too, so it's not something I want to estimate. So... I weigh. And then I weigh the rest too so I know I actually have some spare calories for my 1/2 cup of ice cream.

In a perfect world where I was actually ok with eating 'clean', I probably wouldn't have to weigh my piece of chicken and veggies, I would only eat when I'm hungry, I wouldn't have any cravings... but it's not a perfect world. I do it this way because it works for me.

I find it's somewhat concerning how it doesn't even occur to some people that what works for them might not work for others and that they feel the need to judge because 'clean' or 'intuitive' eating doesn't work for them.

Confession? I HATE confrontation but I keep getting dragged in online arguments with close minded people that really frustrate me.

I see your point. It makes sense and I am not saying my way is right and yours is wrong. What I meant was it is important to be mindful of if this is truly a healthy behaviour, or an obsession (weighing food). If it works, and it is keeping you healthy, then go for it!
    Just for some, it becomes more of an obsession and they can't eat without weighing anything or they feel guilty. But I didn't mean to come across as "snooty". It was more of me providing insight because it is very common to become obsessed with the scale.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession - still PMSing and I really thought I'd make it under my goal tonight... but nope. Also stopped making better choices about 30 minutes ago.

You have really been struggling with this! Does it happen every month like this or is it especially bad this month? Might be good to discuss with your doctor! (hugs)...or were you one of the people that don't like hugs?

Every month, it just seems to last longer and longer. Typically it takes me a week or two to make up for the extra calories I end up eating. It sucks. I have other signs of premenopause so it could be related too, and I'll bring it up to my doctor next time I see her.

Often too the day starts fine (like yesterday) so I have a bit of ice cream at lunch or something, then I end up regretting it later because I end up starving (yesterday it was after dinner) and I'm out of calories, and I end up 1000 calories over or something.

I can't complain that much I guess because I had 4 great weeks this time, when I really wasn't that hungry and had no problem staying within my calories 95% of the time (if I went over I just ate at maintenance). Although I'm guessing that's normal for most people...

Confession is that I've pretty much decided that I'm never going to switch to maintenance because I'll probably always end up making up for extra calories of my PMS week.

Ugh I hate PMSing! I had two bad binges before my period a few weeks ago & ate a lot of ice cream & I mean A LOT! I had gained around 7 pounds which was mostly sodium from eating fast food, ice cream, & my period. Luckily a few weeks later & I dropped back down to my maintenance weight of 153.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I bought Easter candy half off today at Wal-Mart & ate two of the Cold Stone Creamery Eggs for a total of around 1,400 calories & not counting any of it.

^ I've never heard of these but I want one!! Were they good?

Confession: I will NEVER like running. I've read people say that you'll learn to love running once you do it. I went through the police academy when I was younger/fitter and had to run a lot. I couldn't breath, I was always last, it made me feel sick. I HATED it. I wish I could love running but I just don't like it. At least I was proud of myself for doing it and improving but even at the end, it hurt too much to love (still couldn't breath either...).

I do like taking walks though so that's what I do.

They were rich & very sweet, but had a slight sugary filling that resembled what icing on a cake would be.

I probably wouldn't buy them again, but it was nice to try at least once.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Second day in a row where I've sabotaged my healthy eating and deficit with candy. Ugh. Gotta rein this in.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I recently started running outside (okay i did it once) and it went so badly, I just do not want to do it again. Ever. I know it's a terrible mindset but I was getting better at running on the treadmill and then I went outside and it was SO BAD AND HARD.

I feel you on that one. I have been running on the indoor track. As of May 1, its time to move it outside and I am not looking forward to it.

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

Paralyzer. = shot of vodka, shot of Kailua, Pepsi/Coke and milk (I will sometimes use a higher fat milk (18% cream, half and half or whole milk). If you want you can lessen the alcohol content by using a half shot each of the vodka and Kailua.

Whenever I go through duty free I always get Kahlua because it is so cheap compared to the liquor stores in Canada (about $25 cheaper)

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience with liquor. I went out today and bought some Kahlua because I wanted some alcoholic coffee (whoops). I tried some in my coffee and think I made the wrong decision. It would go a lot better if I also had some cream in there or something, but I HATE sugary coffee. I think brings down the quality of good coffee by a lot :( Any drinks you guys can suggest I make with Kahlua? Not planning on drinking it all very fast... I have calories to bank!

You could skip the drinking part altogether and make frosting:
    KAHLUA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

I prefer butter to shortening, but either works.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

You could skip the drinking part altogether and make frosting:
    KAHLUA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

I prefer butter to shortening, but either works.

Saving this for later!

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Every time I walk by the road I keep getting catcalled and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unsafe, especially at night :( it's worse because we don't have a car, so I don't really have a choice. I just want to buy my groceries and books without being harassed. I keep thinking that if I were really skinny again it wouldn't happen.

It will still happen. I hate cat calls. They make me confrontational.
  • smashley_mashley
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I bought the White Chocolate Dreams peanut butter online. Had to see what all the fuss is about

What'd you think?!

It arrived today. The first taste I thought was okay. The second taste I thought, "hmmm, it is kind of grainy" and it reminded me a bit of cookie butter. Then I tasted again and didn't really taste the white chocolate. And I tasted it again and though it was pretty good with a touch of sweetness. As I was putting it away, I realized that I probably ate about a quarter of a cup. so in conclusion... I really like it!!!!! And I definitely went over my calories :(

Does the dark chocolate dreams taste like peanut butter and chocolate or more like nutella?

(edited for spelling)

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Cat got out yesterday, she's 16 years old and blind in one eye and has never been outside, I worry for her.

I also dream of my house being hair free, not stepping in hacked up furballs in the middle of the night.

This is a 50/50 for me.

Is she back???
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Mmm, thanks for the suggestions everyone! :) I agree that alcohol in Canada is crazy expensive... living in Quebec right now and whenever I go back to the States to visit my family I'm startled by the difference in price. That cream cheese frosting sounds so good.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I'm new to the group, but I can't resist this topic because confession is good for the soul. So I threw in a 33 min. Walk Away the Pounds dvd because I was too lazy to hit the gym, and 16 minutes in I was so beat I skipped to the cool down :blush:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    MischelM wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. I'm new to the group, but I can't resist this topic because confession is good for the soul. So I threw in a 33 min. Walk Away the Pounds dvd because I was too lazy to hit the gym, and 16 minutes in I was so beat I skipped to the cool down :blush:

I recommend the advice from the early days of this thread - watch that video with the sound off, it becomes twice as easy to endure.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I am having trouble going to sleep so I decided to read the "Cheerios" thread. FML. I think I lost several IQ points and only got to page 14. My head hurts now. :s
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mothers day is coming up. I never ask for anything. I've always felt bad at the idea of it because growing up my mother would make me and her other two kids and actual list on paper of all the things she wanted.

My husband mentioned a week or so ago he wanted to get me something. I just asked him if it would be ok if he would get me a set of kettle bells. I feel really guilty for actually asking for something.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I found out I got into study abroad for next semester, which is GREAT, but now I'm even more concerned about losing weight. I've heard that England is very... harsh to fat women, and I don't want to be worrying about my body and what I'm eating every second of this great experience. It terrifies me.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Every time I walk by the road I keep getting catcalled and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and unsafe, especially at night :( it's worse because we don't have a car, so I don't really have a choice. I just want to buy my groceries and books without being harassed. I keep thinking that if I were really skinny again it wouldn't happen.

It will still happen. I hate cat calls. They make me confrontational.

I have a safety cat keychain. It's not much, but it makes me feel a little bit safer. Fits over two fingers with points at the top--better than keys between fingers, if nothing else, and far less dangerous than mace.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble going to sleep so I decided to read the "Cheerios" thread. FML. I think I lost several IQ points and only got to page 14. My head hurts now. :s

I couldn't even make it to the end of the first page of that thread.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 pieces of pizza and they were in my calories but now I feel guilty because I told myself I was going to eat healthy all day...