Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have a little work 'field trip' today. Have to meet with a colleague in the neighboring county. Trying to figure out how to fit a little gym time at lunch with that. Especially since, if I do it right, I can meet up with hubby at his gym. o:)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I bought Easter candy half off today at Wal-Mart & ate two of the Cold Stone Creamery Eggs for a total of around 1,400 calories & not counting any of it.

^ I've never heard of these but I want one!! Were they good?

Confession: I will NEVER like running. I've read people say that you'll learn to love running once you do it. I went through the police academy when I was younger/fitter and had to run a lot. I couldn't breath, I was always last, it made me feel sick. I HATED it. I wish I could love running but I just don't like it. At least I was proud of myself for doing it and improving but even at the end, it hurt too much to love (still couldn't breath either...).

I do like taking walks though so that's what I do.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I am a lackadaisical parent. I let a lot slide, and i really pick my battles with my kids.

Ie-no hitting,spitting,or swearing (loudly). We don't tease/bully/mock each other or our friends.

However, you may color yourself from tip to tail in magic markers,sport a Mohawk, ride a dirt bike, do "stunts" on the trampoline, wear your Halloween costume to the store,play violent video games, eat dessert every night, make gross jokes at the dinner table...etc etc.

I like you
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've tried two of the Cold Stone Eggs. I really ended up liking the birthday cake egg, the fudge egg was okay but I probably wouldn't buy it again.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am infatuated with a tv charector. I know the season is like way way way over, but I loved/love "Tate" from the first season of American horror story. Even though he is supposed to be the bad guy. And dead. And a teenager.

No shame in that...as long as there is no shame in my infatuation with Rick Grimes from "The Walking Dead". ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession: I can't run even a quarter of a mile without stopping

Two years ago, I couldn't run 1 minute without feeling like I was going to die. I'm running my first half marathon on Saturday. Firm believer in Couch to 5k.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am infatuated with a tv charector. I know the season is like way way way over, but I loved/love "Tate" from the first season of American horror story. Even though he is supposed to be the bad guy. And dead. And a teenager.

No shame in that...as long as there is no shame in my infatuation with Rick Grimes from "The Walking Dead". ;)

I like both of those guys... I'm infatuated with a lot of TV characters lol.

Confession: I signed up at a new gym last night. Wasn't going to work out there, but I had planned on doing a workout at home, but I decided to treat last night as my "last night without a gym membership" so I went home and sat on my butt instead.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Between your username and infatuation with Rick...I might need to be BFFs with you.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm a little obsessed with Loki from the Marvel Cinematic Universe myself.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

Between your username and infatuation with Rick...I might need to be BFFs with you.

Sounds good to me :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I bought Easter candy half off today at Wal-Mart & ate two of the Cold Stone Creamery Eggs for a total of around 1,400 calories & not counting any of it.

Confession: I will NEVER like running. I've read people say that you'll learn to love running once you do it. I went through the police academy when I was younger/fitter and had to run a lot. I couldn't breath, I was always last, it made me feel sick. I HATED it. I wish I could love running but I just don't like it. At least I was proud of myself for doing it and improving but even at the end, it hurt too much to love (still couldn't breath either...).

I did the exact same thing. I love to run now. No idea what changed, but it did.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Last confession for the day: I hate it when people are early. I understand why some people think being late is rude, but I think turning up earlier than you said you were going to is a lot more inconsiderate.

For me it's all context. If I'm having people over I don't like it if they turn up early, as I'm usually running around at the last minute getting ready and don't expect people early (although I know who might be). If I'm going to someone's house and accidentally end up there early I walk around outside or go to a coffee shop so as to avoid bothering them before the start time. I also generally assume (unless it is stated otherwise or there's a reason, like we are doing something at a specific time) that party guests are assumed to be arriving AFTER the start time, not on the dot. But if we are meeting in a public place/restaurant (which is common for me), I think being late is rude and being early makes no difference (since if someone wants to sit and wait to avoid making me sit and wait by myself, certainly no inconvenience to me!).

Heh, enough opinion on this?

I share this opinion exactly!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I did the exact same thing. I love to run now. No idea what changed, but it did.

Me too. I always said I would NEVER run.

When I started getting healthy, we had a pool at the gym at work, so I swam for my cardio. Then I hurt my shoulder lifting weights, so swimming was out & I started walking on the treadmill. Then jogging. Then I started jogging outside.

Now I run 5 miles every other day, and on run days I am giddy all day that after work I "get to run". CRAZY.

• KaryLoaiza88
    KaryLoaiza88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was catfished for a year. :'(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I was catfished for a year. :'(

Ohhh, that's bad. Sorry to hear that.
    Hope you're doing ok now.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Last confession for the day: I hate it when people are early. I understand why some people think being late is rude, but I think turning up earlier than you said you were going to is a lot more inconsiderate.

For me it's all context. If I'm having people over I don't like it if they turn up early, as I'm usually running around at the last minute getting ready and don't expect people early (although I know who might be). If I'm going to someone's house and accidentally end up there early I walk around outside or go to a coffee shop so as to avoid bothering them before the start time. I also generally assume (unless it is stated otherwise or there's a reason, like we are doing something at a specific time) that party guests are assumed to be arriving AFTER the start time, not on the dot. But if we are meeting in a public place/restaurant (which is common for me), I think being late is rude and being early makes no difference (since if someone wants to sit and wait to avoid making me sit and wait by myself, certainly no inconvenience to me!).

Heh, enough opinion on this?

YES. ALL of this. People showing up early to my house stresses me out so much.
    81Katz wrote: »
    Smores *drool*
    Instead of a piece of Hershey's chocolate I've always wanted to try a Ghirardelli caramel square instead.

What an excellent idea...

Confession- I finally purchased and tried the Reese's peanut butter OREOS yesterday. The confession is that my husband and I laid in bed re-watching the Office while we snacked on them. :blush:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly annoyed by the way my company structures pay scales for various positions. I recently learned that I have people reporting to me who make significantly (I'm talking 35% in one case!) more than I do.

I haven't spent more than two and a half years without being promoted (during my 7 years with the company). It makes me think I should be less ambitious, so I don't keep getting plopped at the bottom of my pay grade.

Less serious confession: I like wearing polka dots and stripes because it reminds me of being little and pretending I was a leopard or a tiger.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread I had a snack of peanut butter and chocolate chips last night. It will happen again.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    rotterholt wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*

I can't watch Blackfish or The Cove, also John Wick trapped me in a puppy murder scene, and while I don't cry, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Confession: Us not having kids and rescuing cats & dogs instead has made us much more in tune with animals as sentinent beings. So much so that we can't eat beef anymore...or any mammals for that matter. Too intelligent.

(Fish & chicken , on the other hand...they're just walking/swimming food with a chip that helps them breathe, breed & flee from danger, lawl.)

First of all, thank you for your rescuing work! Second, I agree with your sentiments regarding animals, which is why I'm a vegetarian.

Thirdly (***disclaimer: this is not to try to change your or anyone's views) chickens are a lot smarter than we give them credit for: http://www.humanesociety.org/news/magazines/2014/05-06/who-you-calling-birdbrain-chicken-intelligence.html

I read this article last year and was impressed. Just wanted to share.