Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Confession: I can't run even a quarter of a mile without stopping
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Confession: My partner and I have not told my family that we are engaged, but we will soon have to. I mean, I refuse to "stealth marry"; what am I, a YA heroine? I'm terrified though, because there are important cultural differences between his background and mine, and though he and I are fine with it, I am not sure my parents will be.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

Good to know... that's another movie I'll avoid.

My friends are pretty good at warning me off movies with sad animal stuff, like Eight Below and John Wick. I actually was hoping to see John Wick until I heard about the puppy. :'(

Same here. I cannot watch anything sad about animals.

I totally agree about Hachi! It was so sad! But the scenes of Richard Gere and the dog playing together are really beautiful.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - still PMSing and I really thought I'd make it under my goal tonight... but nope. Also stopped making better choices about 30 minutes ago.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is my favorite thread- it's the only one where people can post freely without feeling like their thoughts and opinions are wrong <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I bought Easter candy half off today at Wal-Mart & ate two of the Cold Stone Creamery Eggs for a total of around 1,400 calories & not counting any of it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I stopped off at Kroger today for Easter clearance candy but and they didn't even have any Peeps left! :/
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Need some new friends to intract with .
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be playing tennis
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    uptownplum wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    This thread is cheaper than therapy.

Sometimes, a little voice in the back of my head tells me not to bother losing weight because I have a very large wardrobe, thanks to a retail job in college. I shudder to think how much it'll cost to replace it all if I drop 5 or 6 sizes. (I try to remind myself that being fat costs more, but dammit, it's hard.)

Me too! Seriously, I have beautiful clothing that I truly love and I'm 27ish pounds down. My old clothes is starting to fall off of me. I know in my heart that I'm supposed to donate it or get rid of it but... I love it! It feels so dumb to admit that but it is true.

I'm still committed but I'll be sad to see some of my lovely clothing go.

I have had my favorite stuff tailored. If it's good quality it's worth it.

My mother is actually a seamstress, but because of this I know it isn't worth it for certain items ... for example, a suit jacket will have the front pockets and seams in the wrong place if you're going from a size 18 to a 12 or 14. But, I do have her fix some things, like shortening the shoulders on a shirt to get some more life out of it.

I'm working on getting out of debt at the same time I'm trying to lose weight (I know, overkill much?) and I'm trying to remind myself that the world won't end if I make an exception to buying an all-new wardrobe when I reach my target size and weight. I'm saving a few bucks here and there along the way, but with so many money goals, it won't be a large enough lump sum to go on the shopping spree I'm imagining. It's simultaneously motivating and demotivating lol.

I had a terrible anxiety attack last night because I tried on some clothes and a lot of things are already too big. Right now I barely have the money to pay for health insurance so thinking about buying a new wardrobe makes me seriously consider to stop working on losing weight for another year until I have a stable job.

Try a thrift shop. My mom volunteers in one and sometimes I get the best stuff. I got suede pants for $5 (exactly my size), and a 3/4 length suede coat for $90 last time I was there. My mom also got me a 3/4 mink once for $100 in perfect condition (I admit to being conflicted on this one....I would NEVER buy a mink, don't condone fur, but this one was USED and there was no way I was bringing the Mink back to life...but do feel guilty/pleasure every time I wear it... maybe owning it is a confession as well (and please don't let this start and animal activist debate that will shut this thread down... NO JUDGEMENT). :wink:

Try the thrift shop. :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

Sometimes, a little voice in the back of my head tells me not to bother losing weight because I have a very large wardrobe, thanks to a retail job in college. I shudder to think how much it'll cost to replace it all if I drop 5 or 6 sizes. (I try to remind myself that being fat costs more, but dammit, it's hard.)

Me too! Seriously, I have beautiful clothing that I truly love and I'm 27ish pounds down. My old clothes is starting to fall off of me. I know in my heart that I'm supposed to donate it or get rid of it but... I love it! It feels so dumb to admit that but it is true.

My mother is actually a seamstress, but because of this I know it isn't worth it for certain items ... for example, a suit jacket will have the front pockets and seams in the wrong place if you're going from a size 18 to a 12 or 14. But, I do have her fix some things, like shortening the shoulders on a shirt to get some more life out of it.

I'm working on getting out of debt at the same time I'm trying to lose weight (I know, overkill much?) and I'm trying to remind myself that the world won't end if I make an exception to buying an all-new wardrobe when I reach my target size and weight. I'm saving a few bucks here and there along the way, but with so many money goals, it won't be a large enough lump sum to go on the shopping spree I'm imagining. It's simultaneously motivating and demotivating lol.

I had a terrible anxiety attack last night because I tried on some clothes and a lot of things are already to big. Right now I barely have the money to pay for health insurance so thinking about buying a new wardrobe makes me seriously consider to stop working on losing weight for another year until I have a stable job.

Do you know anyone who does any kind of sewing that you could barter with? They tailor a few things for you, maybe you help them clean out their garage - that sort of thing.

Unfortunately not but I could try altering it myself, at least my shirts.

fitfatty88 wrote: »

I had a terrible anxiety attack last night because I tried on some clothes and a lot of things are already to big. Right now I barely have the money to pay for health insurance so thinking about buying a new wardrobe makes me seriously consider to stop working on losing weight for another year until I have a stable job.

Consignment shops and thrift stores are your friend! Also...friends are your friend...nearly all of my friends or family members have been my size or smaller so we've all just hoarded clothes and passed it around. I swear there is a skirt that my mom, two sisters, and I have been passing back and forth for 8 years. I believe it is finally too big for all of us...

I'd also consider a few staple pieces that are easy to manipulate...like a shift dress or a slouchy sweater you could belt. Not sure if you have a Forever 21 in your area but basic cami's are $1.80 always, leggings are super cheap and basic cardi's are only a couple bucks.

Thrift stores are so expensive where I live because they only sell brand-name clothes but they have some all female flea markets in my area that I could check out, thank you for making me remember that :) I guess the only thing I will really have to invest in will be new underwear.

I guess I should have kept reading before replying! :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My peeps confession... I hate them. Always have. But today in the little coffee/kitchen room on my floor there was a bag of mini peeps. So after all this conversation, I tried one. ICK! bit the head off the rabbit and threw it out.

Sorry, peeps, Peeps are not for me.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok I was way over anyway, so I figured I'd try a Peeps from my kids' pile. It's not very flavorful. Not bad I guess, but I think I'd rather use those 28 calories on some chocolate or a caramel, lol.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok I was way over anyway, so I figured I'd try a Peeps from my kids' pile. It's not very flavorful. Not bad I guess, but I think I'd rather use those 28 calories on some chocolate or a caramel, lol.

I have an intense dislike for peeps, they're weird and creepy and I thank god my parents never bought them for us growing up!
  • Francl27
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I have an intense dislike for peeps, they're weird and creepy and I thank god my parents never bought them for us growing up!

Lol, my kids like them. They enjoyed putting one in the microwave too.

We actually bought more at 50% off today...
  • pita160
    pita160 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

• pita160
    pita160 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

You're a lot stronger than I am! I love PB! I don't think I could throw it out. Good job!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Lol, my kids like them. They enjoyed putting one in the microwave too.

We actually bought more at 50% off today...

Haha putting them in the microwave sounds entertaining! I'd like to watch them get bigger!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I don't think so. I can't do anything that has jumping in it. A lot of times, it doesn't look like there will be until you get 10 minutes in and the psycho in the leotards decides you need to start poguing or you'll be fat forever. I've found the modified workouts have a lot less surprises to make me have to stop and fast forward half way through.

ROFLMAO!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?

Deal! Except it seems to me there is always more than one person demonstrating the workouts... usually different levels of expertise. So we need more fitness models, not just me solo.

And what a great reason to buy new workout outfits (which is the only clothing I can possibly justify buying these days, lol)!

Yes, we definitely need others for the video. Thing is I really HATE most workout videos! Not sure why. Guess it's the yelling and the excitement! I really love working out, but I'm a quiet, reserved person. I'm not at all into all the "Let's go!" or "Do it with me now!" stuff. Clearly, we need a new, original approach.

But yes, either way, new workout clothes must be purchased! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having more workout clothes than regular clothes. And I have several pairs of Asics in every color combination imaginable. I need to cut back on the shopping.

Not only does the continual fake peppy enthusiasm irritate me but I find the chirpy pop music annoying too.

I'd definitely prefer a workout video with a lively heavy metal or classic rock track... like I have on my iPod for working out (ohhh my age is showing).

I'd think yoga videos might be a bit more sedate (I've never seen one, however)... maybe a little too "put you to sleep" zen-ish for a workout though.

See, two confessions in there: I abhor most pop music, and yoga boooooores me.