Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    When I first started working out, I couldn't get through a normal workout video so I did senior citizen workouts until I built up my endurance. I know...embarrassing.
    That's actually a good idea!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My confession is I don't actually know what I weigh. We have a scale but since it probably only goes to 300-330 it doesn't tell me. I've excersied for at least six days straight. Now and can tell a little change is happening. But that's why I haven't posted on MFP that I've lost anything.. Cause I actually " don't" know what I've lost
    I know that is horrible!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I cooked some bacon in my cast iron skillet yesterday, I normally bake it, but I had this skillet full of bacon grease, so what do I do?

I fry my weeks worth of chicken thighs in it.

My excuse for doing this same thing is that surely they calculate the bacon grease into the nutrition facts. So when I cook with bacon grease, the calories have already been counted to my total. This makes sense, right?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not really a big drinker. I've been trying to add a glass of wine everyday for heart health. I can't seem to do it daily, and I find myself craving mixed drinks! *thud*

Not to encourage drinking alcohol if you don't really like it, but have you tried mixing your wine with some diet 7UP or Sprite or Ginger Ale? Dilutes it a bit and adds some fizz.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I cooked some bacon in my cast iron skillet yesterday, I normally bake it, but I had this skillet full of bacon grease, so what do I do?

Since it is cast iron why not use the grease to cast your pan. Rub the grease in and broil the pan for an hour. Repeat.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

My excuse for doing this same thing is that surely they calculate the bacon grease into the nutrition facts. So when I cook with bacon grease, the calories have already been counted to my total. This makes sense, right?

Haha, I do that with salad dressing. My husband went to throw it out and I said, 'No! I'm saving that. I logged the calories already I'm damned well going to eat them.'

Then I just make new salad in the old bowl and mix it up. It is why Tupperware lids were made! Close that baby up and shake it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    My confession is I don't actually know what I weigh. We have a scale but since it probably only goes to 300-330 it doesn't tell me. I've excersied for at least six days straight. Now and can tell a little change is happening. But that's why I haven't posted on MFP that I've lost anything.. Cause I actually " don't" know what I've lost
    I know that is horrible!

Not really. Six days in a row is a great streak! But, not long enough to see any progress on the scale, so it would probably be counter-productive. DO get a cloth measuring tape and take your measurements now. Then start tracking that progress. Don't let the lack of knowing your actual weight even distract you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I know that is horrible!

Not really. Six days in a row is a great streak! But, not long enough to see any progress on the scale, so it would probably be counter-productive. DO get a cloth measuring tape and take your measurements now. Then start tracking that progress. Don't let the lack of knowing your actual weight even distract you.

I have to confess I royally screwed up taking measurements. I'm never quite sure if I should be pulling it as tight as it should go or if that would be cheating it somehow. Then I convince myself I've cheated it.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    What is a Calorie

I couldn't help but troll this one :/
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I know that is horrible!

I have to confess I royally screwed up taking measurements. I'm never quite sure if I should be pulling it as tight as it should go or if that would be cheating it somehow. Then I convince myself I've cheated it.

I've been at this for 2 years and I still have no idea how to take measurements. I never get the same number either.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

This is the movie that made me officially say "I will no longer watch animal movies". Not ever. Even now, the trauma hasn't faded. *sob*

I can't watch Blackfish or The Cove, also John Wick trapped me in a puppy murder scene, and while I don't cry, I couldn't stop thinking about it.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

That is hilarious!

I can't help but wonder if this newcomer to this thread @qn4bx9pzg8aifd is @tincanonastring punking us all.. He said he was a writer, and these posts from qn4bx9pzg8aifd are some pretty amazing writings.

Wow... you just made my day... seriously, you really, really did... I thank you ever so much for your kind words... I didn't know if I was bothering anyone with my silly ramblings... I sometimes feel the urge to just 'play with words' for a bit...

Oh, and I regret to disappoint you ;), but I can assure you that I am not @tincanonastring (as awesome as that would be, mind you -- in addition to much that makes him a marvelous being, his Food Diary from yesterday was a treat unto itself, and is worthy of framing on a fridge)... :)

It is perhaps a bummer to be informed that I am a female goofball who (okay, here's some confessions for ya!)...

...still partakes of a pregnancy workout while not pregnant (actually, more than one -- I seem to gravitate toward Gabrielle Reece's pregnancy workouts every now and then, for reasons having to do with their reminding me that a former professional athlete deemed said workouts a viable option when she was contending with physical limitations, and thus when I action said workouts, I have managed to do something a former professional athlete considered 'the most she would do' (I conveniently don't seem to bother taking into account that it was due to a human being growing inside of her! (and instead, seem to stealthily don an invisible 'supergirl' cape of sorts ;) ))... and can then inform a sibling that I, once again, "worked out with a professional athlete" ;P (which, if announced with the exaggerated fanfare I seem incapable of resisting, thereby triggers rolling of the eyes, shaking of the head, and comical reactionary comments from said sibling (and also explains my new additional nickname of Gabby (and its being said in a kind of "um, yeah..." tone of voice)) :) ))...

...concocts ridiculous at-home 'workouts' that resemble something perhaps better suited for a variety show (ladies and gentlemen, it's time to play...what is the most inefficient means by which we can put away laundry? -- such that sets of stairs are climbed incessantly! -- and maniacally actioned squats are engaged in as intermediate 'filler'!)... (I wish I could say that I'm working on a DVD for such, but, alas, there is nary a contract in hand for such would-be-in-demand, niche-all-its-own fare... ;P )

...and dresses in workout clothing when running errands, so that I can launch into spontaneous 'workouts' while out-and-about (ever wonder who that woman was who was race-push-running her grocery cart back to the car?! -- wonder no more!... ever wonder who that woman was who appeared to be a stairclimbing demon, bounding every other step with a sense of purpose bordering on the insane?! -- wonder no more!... ever wonder who was jogging around the parking lot, looking like she couldn't find her car for the life of her? -- wonder no more! :) )

...and... last but not least... despite yesterday's 'SugarFest 2015' festivities, I still felt as though I'd exercised Herculean willpower (hey, it could have been worse!), and said accomplishment (grab 'em where ya find 'em!) had me feeling like 'Rocky at the top of the steps, with arms raised, and jog-cheering like a champ' (though instead of 'Eye of the Tiger', I was fake-hallucinatorially 'hearing' the strains of OutKast singing, "I like the waaaay you move... I like the waaay you move..." -- and turned even my *imagined* physical activity into a spontaneous 'workout' -- !) ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    uptownplum wrote: »
    Not really a confession but a question. When you all go to the beach do you tend to make judgements based on the appearance of those around you? I don't, I'm so wrapped up in my head about my own insecurities and anxiety about looking bad on the beach... but I am so terrified of judgements and some people have told me ''Stop worrying, no one cares what you look like on the beach!'' I can't seem to get out of this mindset though!

Well, I did make a judgment last year when I went to the beach in April (didn't fully get into a bathing suit or get in the water... it was too cold, anyway). There was a family of very big people. I didn't initially notice them until I overheard the teenage girl saying ''Yay, look at how burned I am! I'm going to get so tan!'' I then noticed that all of them were BEET RED. Do they not realize how dangerous that is? Put on some sunscreen!

I take notice of people's sizes, but not to judge .... more like admiration. I wish I could not give a damn in a swimsuit, but I won't even wear a one-piece suit to the beach.

I do judge the living hell out of people who are beet red by the end of the day.

End of the day? I can slather on SPF 100 every 20 minutes and still have sunburn after a few hours. :(
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Confession: the women's restroom toilet is 'backed up', and I'm not sure I wasn't the one to blame :no_mouth:
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

That is hilarious!

I can't help but wonder if this newcomer to this thread @qn4bx9pzg8aifd is @tincanonastring punking us all.. He said he was a writer, and these posts from qn4bx9pzg8aifd are some pretty amazing writings.

I am impressed as well. Never thought of it being tincan. Interesting theory.

BZAH10, I thank you as well, for your kind words (and am a card-carrying member of the BZAH10-has-awesome-arms fan club :) )... though I now -- and in a confoundingly hitherto unimaginable scenario -- find myself wrestling with a life circumstance that is a kind of everyone's-worst-nightmare bit of kerfluffance (<--- if that wasn't already a word, it is now! ;P ), in seeming to face the quandary of somehow 'proving' that I am not someone else (!) (oh, what's a girl to do?!)...

If it please the Court, I beg for a continuance, in the hopes of being able to assemble a kind of Dream Team, who could attest to my gender, sans my needing to 'disrobe' for the Court.

{ Motion granted... }

:blush:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I know that is horrible!

I've been at this for 2 years and I still have no idea how to take measurements. I never get the same number either.

I think the key is consistency. There doesn't have to be a right and wrong way to do it, just as long is it is the same every time.

I don't pull the tape tightly. I place it as close to my body as I can, but comfortably.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    What is a Calorie

I couldn't help but troll this one :/

She made my brain hurt. It's not that hard, honey. Get a scale, log your food.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession: the women's restroom toilet is 'backed up', and I'm not sure I wasn't the one to blame :no_mouth:

LOL :)

On the bright side (yes, there *is* such a thing, when it comes to toilet 'blockage'), *you* aren't 'backed up' (!) (is anyone else hearing some faint background music in the form of Kool and the Gang's happy-time classic, "Celebrate" -- ? ;) ), and appear to be getting enough fiber (if you're not, it remains an impressive feat, regardless -- how many people do you know who could alter functioning of an 'appliance' by simply 'going about their day' (?!) -- seriously, be proud! -- "hey, y'know how well my body's waste elimination physiology is working? -- so well that, in fact, I just clogged a toilet!" -- 'own' it, I say! :smiley:)...

Edited to Add: In the hopes that this might make you feel better, or otherwise not embarrassed, I thought I'd offer a confessional truth of my own -- and that is... that I cannot count how many times I've clogged a toilet (!), and my home toilet, specifically... low-flush models were all the rage, but they didn't take into account the 'workload' that might be associated with 'taking care of business' for humans ingesting fiber in 'more than sufficient' (and sometimes downright accidentally impressive and somewhat mindboggling) amounts... there are times when I'm ready to heave the darn thing out a window (the toilet that is, not the waste product (in case there was any confusion ;) )), and scream aloud, and for all the world to hear, "Is it too much to ask that a toilet do its freaking JOB?!!!"... though on the bright side, I feel like awarding my intestinal tract a kind of Gold medal, given how first-place-worthy its 'performance' is (realizing, of course, that the day when any sort of Olympics involving this as an 'Event' is somewhere long into the future... :) )