Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I changed my profile picture for a challenge, and I don't like it.

Meanwhile I am here, much like Petunia Dursley, sad because I didn't get in haha.
    Oh, I'm sorry :( Also, I didn't mean I don't like the
    I am the office manager for a Redi-Mix cement plant and I wear jeans and a bunnyhug to work every day. It is very dusty and someone is always managing to get grease everywhere, so I am not going to wear nice clothes, just to get them ruined.

Confession #1: I don't know what a bunnyhug is. :)

A bunnyhug is Saskatchewan for a hoodie
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession: No idea who Ron Swanson is.

This makes me sad, @quiksylver296

I know, @MoHousdon . I thought we were complete twinsies. My excuse is that I don't watch much TV.

I don't either, but Parks & Rec was one of my favorites. I'm sad it's over and I will rewatch all episodes on Netflix and cry all over again.

I felt embarrassed about crying as much as I did when Leslie and Ben got married.

I never, and I mean NEVER, apologize for how emotionally involved I get with fictitious characters. I bawled like an infant when Parenthood ended. My husband was concerned. I can't help it. I feel like I personally know these people and I'm personally invested in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR LIVES.

I am STILL upset that Parenthood is over! I didn't cry at the finale though.

On a semi related note, I will not watch a show casually. I will go back and watch something from the beginning online to catch up to something I want to start watching, but I will never ever just watch a random episode of something. Either from the pilot or not at all!

Same here. I want to know everything. My guy hates binge watching, and likes to mix up what we watch on a day to day basis, but that makes me die inside. I have to know what happens!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I know, @MoHousdon . I thought we were complete twinsies. My excuse is that I don't watch much TV.

I don't either, but Parks & Rec was one of my favorites. I'm sad it's over and I will rewatch all episodes on Netflix and cry all over again.

I felt embarrassed about crying as much as I did when Leslie and Ben got married.

I never, and I mean NEVER, apologize for how emotionally involved I get with fictitious characters. I bawled like an infant when Parenthood ended. My husband was concerned. I can't help it. I feel like I personally know these people and I'm personally invested in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR LIVES.

On a semi related note, I will not watch a show casually. I will go back and watch something from the beginning online to catch up to something I want to start watching, but I will never ever just watch a random episode of something. Either from the pilot or not at all!

I haven't seen the end of Parenthood yet, and I'm not in a hurry to go through it. I blew it off because I didn't like the pilot compared to the original movie. A friend convinced me to give it another shot before the last season aired, and I marathoned however many seasons were on Netflix at the time. I used a box and a half of kleenex. I figure I'll need to make a Costco run before I finish it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I just ate four triple chocolate chips deluxe Keebler cookies instead of two because I put them in a ziploc bag and they all wouldn't fit. Then I ate double chocolate cookie dough. Totally ruined my whole day of good eating.

That sounds like my kind of logic :smiley:
  • danjasso91
    danjasso91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Guilty. currently on a 4 day spree. i wear a lot of wick material :/
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself the weekend off for eating whatever. I already blew it today and plus it's gonna be Easter. I've got sports to watch all day, so I'm just gonna have pizza and cheezy bread and crap because I can.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Me too. Everything or nothing. I do not miss episodes.
    I won't join a show in progress that I can't somehow watch from the beginning, either.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I haven't seen the end of Parenthood yet, and I'm not in a hurry to go through it. I blew it off because I didn't like the pilot compared to the original movie. A friend convinced me to give it another shot before the last season aired, and I marathoned however many seasons were on Netflix at the time. I used a box and a half of kleenex. I figure I'll need to make a Costco run before I finish it.

I haven't seen the last season yet. I really hope no one posts spoilers!

We don't have cable or a DVR, and I'm rarely on an actual computer, so it's just easier for me to wait until something is streaming to watch it. I'm also in the start at the beginning and watch all the way through club.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Meanwhile I am here, much like Petunia Dursley, sad because I didn't get in haha.
    Oh, I'm sorry :( Also, I didn't mean I don't like the challenge (it hasn't even started yet) I meant I don't like the profile pic. I'll change it when I can find something better.

Incidentally, I've wondered this: for those who have a proper profile picture of your face, do you not mind that someone in real life will see you on here? I don't think I would like that, which is why I don't put a photo. This is not a criticism - I'm just interested.

I never knew there was forums when I joined...and now that I have jumped in I wish I had picked another user name (instead of my real name) for this very reason. I very rarely post on FB or tweet on Twitter (though I have accounts and follow others posts/tweets) because I don't want a record. And I always stay really neutral. I just couldn't stay out of this thread! And have exposed some stuff. So, yes, I wish I had picked another name. And you'll never see a face picture...I hate how I look. You might see me riding. From a distance. Likely it.

I'm kind of crazy about trying to keep my "googleable" internet presence at a minimum. I have an uncommon first time and my married name literally only exists amongst my husband's family (it was bastardized when they immigrated)... So there is no anonymity at all. I have my social media privacy settings all cranked up, and I don't use my last name on Facebook.

I use my dog as my avatar because I got a few creeper requests from guys who have like, 500 female friends and their every status was like "where my boos at". It just seemed easier to change my picture. Surprisingly, no creeper requests anymore ;)

I'm afraid to confess anything too earth shattering, just in case someone I know irl wanders in here and recognizes me :neutral:
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is my ultimate weakness. I had a cheat meal on wednesday and one thursday. I shouldnt have but I was in line to have my kids see the easter bunny for 2 hours and when we were finally done I was starving.
    I gained backed 3 pounds. Two pounds are what I lost this week. I'm hoping its water weight because I really haven't drank water the last few days. I've been living off coffee, monsters, and diet soda.

Damn chinese food and my lack of will power. I can do without sweets but I can't pass Sakura up.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry :( Also, I didn't mean I don't like the challenge (it hasn't even started yet) I meant I don't like the profile pic. I'll change it when I can find something better.

Incidentally, I've wondered this: for those who have a proper profile picture of your face, do you not mind that someone in real life will see you on here? I don't think I would like that, which is why I don't put a photo. This is not a criticism - I'm just interested.

I never knew there was forums when I joined...and now that I have jumped in I wish I had picked another user name (instead of my real name) for this very reason. I very rarely post on FB or tweet on Twitter (though I have accounts and follow others posts/tweets) because I don't want a record. And I always stay really neutral. I just couldn't stay out of this thread! And have exposed some stuff. So, yes, I wish I had picked another name. And you'll never see a face picture...I hate how I look. You might see me riding. From a distance. Likely it.

I'm afraid to confess anything too earth shattering, just in case someone I know irl wanders in here and recognizes me :neutral:

I totally get this. I've considered confessing something a few times, but am afraid to put it on the internet!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Today's confession - I went to Fast & Furious 7 today, and I totally cried at the end. Fast & Furious 7, seriously. But I follow Vin Diesel of FB, and he was broken up when Paul Walker died, and the way they dealt with it (no spoilers) was so tasteful, it just hit me right in the feels.

Before this the most embarrassing movie to make me cry was Cool Runnings.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Same here!
    Today's confession - I went to Fast & Furious 7 today, and I totally cried at the end. Fast & Furious 7, seriously. But I follow Vin Diesel of FB, and he was broken up when Paul Walker died, and the way they dealt with it (no spoilers) was so tasteful, it just hit me right in the feels.

I love Cool Runnings.

Confession - I tried to burn so many calories this week to make up for PMS and tomorrow, I overdid it and messed up my hip. So now I need to rest today and maybe tomorrow to make up for it :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p
  • meliajeanne
    Options
    I ate Taco John's grilled stuffed taco and large potato ole yesterday for lunch. I was tired and cranky and feeling deprived. Turns out that was not enough so I had a medium chocolate caramel truffle blizzard for dinner. Damn hormones! I am not proud of it, but it happened. I logged every bit of it.

Today I am cleaning my apartment and going for a long swim. Then it is steamed veg and lean protein for food. The kicker is that I don't mind eating the healthy food. I just also really want fatty fried things every single day of my life. This is my struggle.

Also, tomorrow is Easter and there is chocolate everywhere. I will eat a chocolate bunny head first.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I saw it yesterday and nearly cried. It took everything I had to keep it together. I confess the movie I cried the most in the theater was Ladder 49. I left the theatre balling my eyes out which continued into the car. I was literally sobbing.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

I'd buy it! I totally intend to start doing this!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The saddest movie I have ever seen is "Hachi". I tear up in a lot of movies, but this one had me full on sobbing, like gross snotty crying. It's a good movie, but so heartbreaking if you are in any way an animal lover. I sobbed through pretty much the whole thing and for about 3 weeks after any thought or mention of it would have tears welling up. I've only seen it the once and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

Good to know... that's another movie I'll avoid.

My friends are pretty good at warning me off movies with sad animal stuff, like Eight Below and John Wick. I actually was hoping to see John Wick until I heard about the puppy. :'(