Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confession: I had no idea who Ron Swanson was either. I just googled him. I do not think he's hot....at all. :#

Guys. No. It's not that he's hot, it's that he is hilarious and awesome. You've got to watch Parks and Rec. to see him in action.

Ahhh. Gotcha.

I am rather pop-culturally illiterate... I seldom watch TV... of my own choice, that is. I do hang out with the SO when he watches "his" shows but they are mostly auto-related stuff on Discovery.

I've never heard of Parks and Rec either :p
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a man-shaped body. When I gain weight, none of it goes to my hips or *kitten* or thighs. It all just goes to my front-side. No matter what weight I am, I will never have "curves in the right places". Stupid as it is, I'm scared that even when I get to my goal weight, I still won't be hot.

Dear, you are HOT! So what if you do not look like a swimsuit model, you are really very pretty from what I can see in your profile pic. And just so you know, people have all kinds of tastes and find all body types attractive or "hot" so someone and probably a lot of someones will find you desirable no matter what you look like on the outside as long as you have a good inside.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I had no idea who Ron Swanson was either. I just googled him. I do not think he's hot....at all. :#

I did the same... and I'm 100% in agreement with you.

(In fact, if he was the last man left alive on earth, I'd become lesbian.)

Ron Swanson IRL is married to Megan Mulally, from Will & Grace fame. He's a comic genius.

Ron Swanson's 43 Greatest Quotes
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love me some Parks & Rec. My very favorite Ron Swanson quote: When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I really don't care about them.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a man-shaped body. When I gain weight, none of it goes to my hips or *kitten* or thighs. It all just goes to my front-side. No matter what weight I am, I will never have "curves in the right places". Stupid as it is, I'm scared that even when I get to my goal weight, I still won't be hot.

Can't see what your body looks like, but you have a gorgeous face.

I suspect that you are a lot more attractive than you think you are.
  • waluouija
    waluouija Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Dear, you are HOT! So what if you do not look like a swimsuit model, you are really very pretty from what I can see in your profile pic. And just so you know, people have all kinds of tastes and find all body types attractive or "hot" so someone and probably a lot of someones will find you desirable no matter what you look like on the outside as long as you have a good inside.

Omg thank you. You're so sweet.
    I don't know if it's not being desirable to other people that worries me, though. It's just the idea of working so hard to get to my goal weight just to still be unhappy with how I look due to a body frame that I can never change--that idea really frustrates me. Maybe it won't be so bad when I get there--maybe I'll just be so proud of how far I've come that it won't matter what I actually look like. That's what I'm hoping for, but there's always this little raincloud of negativity in my head telling me all the ways I could end up unhappy.
  • waluouija
    waluouija Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Can't see what your body looks like, but you have a gorgeous face.

I suspect that you are a lot more attractive than you think you are.

Aww well thank you.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I did the same... and I'm 100% in agreement with you.

(In fact, if he was the last man left alive on earth, I'd become lesbian.)

Ron Swanson IRL is married to Megan Mulally, from Will & Grace fame. He's a comic genius.

Ron Swanson's 43 Greatest Quotes

Yep. Had to google her too.

The only chance I have of recognizing celebs is if they've made it to the cover of one of the magazines that are stocked in checkout lines.

I have never seen a single episode of Sex in the City, Friends or Seinfeld. Seriously clueless.
  • Sammbep
    Sammbep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've jumped my P90X3 wednesday workouts for two weeks. Note: I hate to do push ups and pull ups, guess what, there are only push ups and pull ups.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Nothing against Ron Swanson, but this thread has gotten off track.

Today I walked into a conversation between 2 of our upper-level managers. They were discussing Ted Cruz and how great they think he is. Eric asked what I thought. (umm...MISTAKE)

I poured a cup of coffee & said "He looks like he should be sitting in an ice cream truck and staking out an elementary school" and walked out.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Got back from a business trip that had me out of the office the past 48 hours...spent the first 3 hours back at my desk catching up with this thread.

Yesterday was my one year MFP-versary but I'm scared for my weigh in tomorrow because of how much drinking/eating my group did on this trip.

Happy MFP Anniversary!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    So this week I've been much hungrier than usual for no reason. Today I just went on an all out pig fest! I've eaten

A Bacon roll with ketchup
    A hot cross bun toasted with butter
    1/4 of an Easter egg
    A mini babybel
    Shared a baked Camembert with bread to dip and a tiny amount of celery.
    Battered halloumi, chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce.

That's it, just cheese and refined carbs except a tiny amount of celery and peas. Don't get my wrong it was all delicious but I had good intentions of having something more healthy at the pub. I have no willpower! I'm going to just blame easter......

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't going out drinking tomorrow. Whoops! :#
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I don't know if it's not being desirable to other people that worries me, though. It's just the idea of working so hard to get to my goal weight just to still be unhappy with how I look due to a body frame that I can never change--that idea really frustrates me. Maybe it won't be so bad when I get there--maybe I'll just be so proud of how far I've come that it won't matter what I actually look like. That's what I'm hoping for, but there's always this little raincloud of negativity in my head telling me all the ways I could end up unhappy.

I have lots of things that I am unhappy with about my body--things that are health-related and out of my control. I am almost 40 and still 20 pounds above my goal weight.

I still have a line of men following me around. I get asked out constantly. Seriously, it's almost TOO much attention.

Attitude matters. Being confident matters. You get to choose how happy you want to be, no matter what you weigh or what you look like.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I changed my profile picture for a challenge, and I don't like it.

Meanwhile I am here, much like Petunia Dursley, sad because I didn't get in haha.
    Oh, I'm sorry :( Also, I didn't mean I don't like the challenge (it hasn't even started yet) I meant I don't like the profile pic. I'll change it when I can find something better.

Incidentally, I've wondered this: for those who have a proper profile picture of your face, do you not mind that someone in real life will see you on here? I don't think I would like that, which is why I don't put a photo. This is not a criticism - I'm just interested.

I never knew there was forums when I joined...and now that I have jumped in I wish I had picked another user name (instead of my real name) for this very reason. I very rarely post on FB or tweet on Twitter (though I have accounts and follow others posts/tweets) because I don't want a record. And I always stay really neutral. I just couldn't stay out of this thread! And have exposed some stuff. So, yes, I wish I had picked another name. And you'll never see a face picture...I hate how I look. You might see me riding. From a distance. Likely it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Well this is happening

Oh yeah. Already went there. No words...

This has to be the woman from the 'naturally thin' thread... that CICO15 or whatever. I am afraid of what will happen when the 2 that were fighting with her arrive. I skimmed through looking for them, but didn't see them yet.... I think I'll skip this one. I wasted too much of my life on the 'naturally thin' one.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love me some Parks & Rec. My very favorite Ron Swanson quote: When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I really don't care about them.

I have that one as my FB cover photo.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I still love the song Mambo No 5

There's no need to confess that - it's awesome!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Confession: Even though I am losing inches and feeling my clothes fit better, I still have a REALLY hard time seeing it in the mirror. Some days are better than others, but for the most part my brain just refuses to see what others might.

Example; boyfriend stated last night "Your arms are looking much slender, keep it up"
    and I am over here like, whaaaaa WHY CAN I NOT SEE IT.

Makes me laugh sometimes. Stupid brain.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I have lots of things that I am unhappy with about my body--things that are health-related and out of my control. I am almost 40 and still 20 pounds above my goal weight.

I still have a line of men following me around. I get asked out constantly. Seriously, it's almost TOO much attention.

Attitude matters. Being confident matters. You get to choose how happy you want to be, no matter what you weigh or what you look like.

^this!