Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A woman was walking in front of me this afternoon who had obviously just come from the gym. She was still wearing her light grey yoga pants, and you could see a perfect sweat outline of her underwear. So, PSA: If you have a hard workout, change your pants before appearing in public, especially if they are light colored.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I feel like today is a huge cheat day even though I've not eaten anything out of the ordinary yet. I just have this overwhelming feeling I'm going to eat all the things.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

I totally agree with this! I do NOT want somebody else's fingers in my buttery popcorn! The only person I will share with is my SO...the ONLY person, I do not even like to share with my kids! I love popcorn so much I will go and buy some to eat at home, I could not care less that it is $9, totally worth it!
  • naomiangus123
    naomiangus123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Hilarious lol!!!! That is so me
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

Movie popcorn is the best thing in the entire world. Next time try it with MMs plain. 1-2 MMs to 4-5 popcorn and chew it up for max yummies! Once I really wanted popcorn but there was no movie I wanted to see so I went, got it and came back to a Netflix movie on my couch. My dog was thrilled when I stood up 2 hours later and she got the fallen ones.

I have never thought to try this....usually I eat my popcorn first, and then some chewy candy.....once in a while a bit of chocolate at the end but have never mixed them.....
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I sneak bacon into food I cook for people who refuse to eat it.

ngl that's actually pretty douchey. You don't know their reason. For me, I love bacon, but it comes back to bite me pretty quick too.

My confession is that my friend - who is 5'0 on her tiptoes and so skinny a stiff wind could blow her over - ate a whole pizza on Friday night when we were together and I hated her so much in that moment. :(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My sister made popcorn at my house yesterday, and now everyone here seems to be talking about popcorn. I have some popcorn I could make, but I've already eaten enough today that I can't have it and dinner, sigh.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, my parents bought my brother and I one of these tubs from the equivalent of Costco:

Sour-Warheads-Tub--pTRU1-17074590dt.jpg

My brother and I ate the whole lot in a day and a half and burnt off our tastebuds because of the citric acid. I couldn't taste a thing for over a month and I actually believe they never really recovered and that's why I now eat my food with heaps of salt, pepper, chilli etc, because I can't taste subtle flavours.

When I was in 10th grade, a buddy and I got a bunch of the lemon and apple sour warheads. We filmed ourselves putting as many of them in our mouths as we could handle. I don't remember burning off our tastebuds, but I do remember writhing in agony as 12 of those *kitten* filled my mouth with all manner of hellacious sourness. I think that guy still has the videos and I would be quite interested in watching them.

So would we!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    On the popcorn thing, I have been known to polish off a large one through a movie, then buy another large on the way out to take home with me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I sneak bacon into food I cook for people who refuse to eat it.

I am really judging this......why would you do such a thing??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.

How big was it? Last time I shared something with my husband the server said it was really for one person and we shared it... and it was plenty for two! Two brownies, one scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. I don't know in what world that woman thought it was a 'one person' dessert with two brownies (I only shared that day because I had been craving brownies but didn't want to blow 800 calories on dessert).
    Kalici wrote: »

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

Hahaha I'm getting annoyed just reading this. Ugh. I hate when parties split the bill equally. I remember once when I had a $7 salad and I ended up having to pay $10 towards the $25 entree that the other people got. I wasn't happy about it. If it was the other way around, I would feel bad for making them pay more than their share.

This would really piss me off, I actually do not think I could even pay it. I ALWAYS get my own bill when eating out, because I get frustrated with how other people tip.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

What an asshat. I must ask though, how did he trick you?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Another confession: an industry magazine with a photo of me looking pretty good (one of the first photos since I lost the weight) came out, which I've been waiting for. But it turns out a woman I used to work with who is the same age and has a similar resume as me for the first part of her career, but then went on to be way more successful, is on the cover and there's this great puff piece about her with lots of people I know and respect quoted with anecdotes about how amazing she is. I like this woman, and she deserves it, and I'm generally happy with my career and life (and not that ambitious most of the time, as demonstrated by the fact I'm screwing around here), but I'm currently jealous and kicking myself for being a lazy slug who consistently stepped on my own feet and squandered all my opportunities to be extremely impressive and successful like her.

It's stupid, and I know I have amazing good fortune and should just count my blessings and will get over it soon, but I want to go home and cry. (I'm going to go lift weights instead.)
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My sister made popcorn at my house yesterday, and now everyone here seems to be talking about popcorn. I have some popcorn I could make, but I've already eaten enough today that I can't have it and dinner, sigh.

Sometimes when I really want popcorn and know I don't have enough calories left for dinner and popcorn, I eat popcorn for dinner. This usually happens at least once a week.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Hmm.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    A woman was walking in front of me this afternoon who had obviously just come from the gym. She was still wearing her light grey yoga pants, and you could see a perfect sweat outline of her underwear. So, PSA: If you have a hard workout, change your pants before appearing in public, especially if they are light colored.

HAHAHA

Although I agree on principle, my clothing choices for sure say otherwise. I do that kind of thing and just don't care.

Sometimes I wear thin yoga pants to the gym at times I know no one is going to be there because I am too lazy to wash my clothes.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Omg, the gym peeves thread just took a turn for the even more hilarious.

Log out of your pseuds before you post people!
  • Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options

Sometimes when I really want popcorn and know I don't have enough calories left for dinner and popcorn, I eat popcorn for dinner. This usually happens at least once a week.

I too used to do that! I eat popcorn way less but it's mostly because I'm terrible with limiting myself with it and does that stuff seriously bloat me! :neutral_face:
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Because of the forum this week I have eaten half a sleeve of Oreos, almost a jar of Skippy peanut butter and today I bought a skewer of Peeps. I'm also tempted to cook a potato and turn on The Food Network.