Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I handed out raisins and pencils *for Halloween one year to avoid buying (having candy) in the house ... another year I bought candy I hated so I wouldn't eat it. :blush:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    As I start planning for halloween, I get giddy thinking about candy corn and peanuts, in the same bowl.

Ummm it's March. Are you planning already?

aren't you?

I started planning the day after last halloween when I got all this years decorations half off...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I handed out raisins and pencils *for Halloween one year to avoid buying (having candy) in the house ... another year I bought candy I hated so I wouldn't eat it. :blush:

I bet you were the popular house / apt on your block! Did you experience any "tricks" that year?

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

I bet you were the popular house / apt on your block! Did you experience any "tricks" that year?

No tricks, but one kid saw the box of raisins being handed to him and had this "oh no" look on his face then said "Raisins, really?" He was fairly young.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your enthusiasm is awesome!

You sir, are a gentleman.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I sneak bacon into food I cook for people who refuse to eat it.

Ummm I hope they are not vegetarian because the consequences are nasty. I have been vegetarian for 20 years. I know.
  • Alatariel75
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ummm I hope they are not vegetarian because the consequences are nasty. I have been vegetarian for 20 years. I know.

I made choc chip and bacon cookies once, and a vegetarian ate one. I felt really bad because everyone in my area knew they had bacon but I didn't really think what would happen if someone from another area wandered over, and it's pretty fair to assume that a cookie would be bacon free. Now I put post-its on my goodies so people know what they're in for.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    As I start planning for halloween, I get giddy thinking about candy corn and peanuts, in the same bowl.

aren't you?

My son wants to be a "Superhero Butterfly." I'm thinking of introducing him to Tick and seeing if he's interested in going as Arthur, but that's a rather adult-themed comic for a 4-year old. We might be creating a brand new superhero for him.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

aren't you?

My son wants to be a "Superhero Butterfly." I'm thinking of introducing him to Tick and seeing if he's interested in going as Arthur, but that's a rather adult-themed comic for a 4-year old. We might be creating a brand new superhero for him.

There's always Killer Moth?

Killer_Moth_Arkhamverse_01.png
  • tincanonastring
    Options

I think they'd probably get over it pretty quick if there wasn't enough for them to even notice, though I still think it's kind of a dick move for vegos (no judgement - we all make dick moves). I was also thinking of those who avoid it for religious reasons. In their eyes, they've now sinned through now fault of their own, and have no way to atone for it because they are completely unaware. Now you're sending people to hell. I think we need to take a step back and re-evaluate our actions when we're condemning people to eternal damnation.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My family just doesn't buy candy to hand out to kids. Anything Halloween related I buy is for myself or someone I know.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

A spoon.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Another confession: an industry magazine with a photo of me looking pretty good (one of the first photos since I lost the weight) came out, which I've been waiting for. But it turns out a woman I used to work with who is the same age and has a similar resume as me for the first part of her career, but then went on to be way more successful, is on the cover and there's this great puff piece about her with lots of people I know and respect quoted with anecdotes about how amazing she is. I like this woman, and she deserves it, and I'm generally happy with my career and life (and not that ambitious most of the time, as demonstrated by the fact I'm screwing around here), but I'm currently jealous and kicking myself for being a lazy slug who consistently stepped on my own feet and squandered all my opportunities to be extremely impressive and successful like her.

It's stupid, and I know I have amazing good fortune and should just count my blessings and will get over it soon, but I want to go home and cry. (I'm going to go lift weights instead.)

I ended up with an assortment of proteges last time I came back from overseas, two of whom were a married couple. I helped one of them get his first post-college job at a big company I used to work for (and now work at as a contractor) and I've helped another one of them as she went through college, started interviewing for jobs and started her career.

The dude started out at a higher pay grade and making more money than I did (I'm 18 years older than he is). The woman is on her third job in two years out of college and is pretty close to me now in terms of salary.

On the one hand, mentor win for me big time. On the other hand, they did in about 3 years each what it took me 25 years to do. I'm done mentoring these two. Time to start taking career advice from them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Because I've always been pretty good at maths I always get the job of bill splitter. People tip what I decide they're tipping... [/quote]

Me too. And usually I pay the most. Because I am the one drinking the most (why does alcohol cost so much more than food????).

• Oberon21
    Options

aren't you?

God no. I hate Halloween. You never plan right. End up with too much candy you need to get rid of. Or show up at a party where you look like an idiot. All of which I had done.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    uptownplum wrote: »
    Your enthusiasm is awesome!

You sir, are a gentleman.

I spoke nothing but the truth.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I made choc chip and bacon cookies once, and a vegetarian ate one. I felt really bad because everyone in my area knew they had bacon but I didn't really think what would happen if someone from another area wandered over, and it's pretty fair to assume that a cookie would be bacon free. Now I put post-its on my goodies so people know what they're in for.

I accidentally ate a 'vegetarian fajita' at a chilies once. The didn't wash the pan between orders. I was up all night with 'the runs'. I make sure now they use a fresh pan. TMI but it was nasty.
  • Chadillac8884
    Chadillac8884 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This thread is great!!!!!!