Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You can build a butt. Check out Bret Contreras, Strong Curves workout program. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the boobies. You're stuck with maintaining at a higher body fat or going lower and getting implants unfortunately.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

TIL- I am not womanly. :open_mouth:

Right? I have 32 B's, basically the same cup size as a 34 A...and I still think I'm womanly. You bet.

Same size here! :) Sometimes i wear a 30C because the straps fit better but 99% of stores dont carry a band that small.

I have big boobs. It's just the thought of that making me "womanly" is kinda ew. I'm pretty sure that woman card came with my uterus.

I've lost my uterus. Does that make me less womanly? :s
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    i was just reading about this - could be anyone but maybe a bit more paternal grandmother, because the X chromosome we get from our moms is mixed with a bunch of stuff, while the one we get from dads is straight from their moms.

(facially i'm the spit of my mom, but my height, hands, feet, and shoulders seem to be more from my dad's side, more like his sister, I never met my paternal grandmother.)

lvuop67mvwzu.png

ok i lolled, lol. i meant "spitting image" but yeah that's a crazy visual, haha
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    And that's Jennifer Lopez real *kitten*, because as she got older her booty deflated you can see in her booty music video that it's not that big anymore.

You'll notice both selena and j-lo are hispanic. It's their genetic predisposition to gain fat in those areas.

If you don't have that, then your only option is surgery.

Hispanic means a million different things. It's a grouping of ethnicities, not a single race. We come in every color, shape and size. In terms of actual ancestry, J. Lo. and Selena have very little in common. Selena had significant indigenous ancestry--Jennifer Lopez likely has very little if any at all. In terms of culture, they come from completely different backgrounds, which is why it was so controversial when the Selena biopic came out with Jennifer Lopez in the lead role.

I have a sister who looks a lot like J. Lo. I have much lighter skin and am more top heavy than bottom heavy. We take after different Spanish ancestors. Full sisters.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    nhpuoa44atdn.jpg
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I think that the OP should ask her doctor for an opinion. That goal seems a bit high, but it really depends on exactly how your individual body is proportioned.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Hm....thick and curvy. When I hear those words, I think of Celeste Bonin, aka WWE's former diva Kaitlyn:

article-2236188-1626772A000005DC-108_306x423.jpg

I agree with what other posters said. Major kudos to being confident in your skin. But at the same time, following trends for what body type 'is in' is not a good idea.
    I remember back in the 70s, and again in the 90s, the look was to be nearly emaciated.

All I see in that pic is fake boobs and zero curves...

Interesting that you consider her curvy. I would say rectangle... Her waist and hips are the same size.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    nhpuoa44atdn.jpg

If you are going for the look labelled as curvy in the photo you posted, then your original post makes no sense. Your BMI is 26.5. I look about like the woman labelled as curvy, my BMI is 20.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    You can build a butt. Check out Bret Contreras, Strong Curves workout program. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the boobies. You're stuck with maintaining at a higher body fat or going lower and getting implants unfortunately.

Yep yep. All this conversation about society and what's "in", there's still nothing wrong with preferring a booty to no booty. I'm losing my fat though, if my booty goes-fine. Because Strong Curves exists and I'll build it back up better than ever. Or at least try. As for boobs-meh. Never had them.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft and 140 lbs. Still a little too chubby for MY tastes . I did lose alot of boobs but i think they just went to my biceps ( which is cool since they are better served there lol). Do your squats and lunges while you continue to lose the last ten pounds. They do make a difference. I have a butt to prove it lol. I actually think my butt is better now than it ever was. Dont worry so much on the loss of boobs over the benefit of being and feeling healthy. There are also exercises that can work your chest so even thu the boobs are smaller the chest itself will get bigger and your boobs wont appear so small.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Hm....thick and curvy. When I hear those words, I think of Celeste Bonin, aka WWE's former diva Kaitlyn:

article-2236188-1626772A000005DC-108_306x423.jpg

I agree with what other posters said. Major kudos to being confident in your skin. But at the same time, following trends for what body type 'is in' is not a good idea.
    I remember back in the 70s, and again in the 90s, the look was to be nearly emaciated.

Interesting that you consider her curvy. I would say rectangle... Her waist and hips are the same size.

She is, that's probably not the most flattering picture of her in that respect. There's others, but they're really NSFW.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's technically overweight. Second of all, who cares what's "in"? Third of all, since when is being overweight "in"? Fourth of all, do whatever you want - it's your body. Why do you need our approval to stay at your current weight?
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Are you happy with where you are? Your happiness with your image is something that comes from the inside outward, not the other way around.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you like how you look, then you should maintain that. Of course everyone is saying it's what you want that matters, not what everyone else wants. I also believe that is true but it is still nice to know people think you look good. But practice not focusing on that part of it. Love yourself.

For body shape, everyone is different. I'm pear shaped, I think that's what it's called. At any weight that i've been, my lower half is always bigger than my top half. I have a big booty and a small chest, and I have very thick legs. I don't necessarily want to lose weight because I have grown to love my proportions, but I am looking to improve by toning and strengthening

this picture is a few months old, but I haven't changed much... I'm 5'0 and around 180 pounds
    6qvh2zjkr0t1.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    i was just reading about this - could be anyone but maybe a bit more paternal grandmother, because the X chromosome we get from our moms is mixed with a bunch of stuff, while the one we get from dads is straight from their moms.

(facially i'm the spit of my mom, but my height, hands, feet, and shoulders seem to be more from my dad's side, more like his sister, I never met my paternal grandmother.)

lvuop67mvwzu.png

BAW HA HA HA HA HA This is amazing.
    The skin in your profile picture is very nearly orange. I don't think you're in the position to be passing judgement.
    not necessary.
    being said
    that is not a "curve" flattering picture- and yes- there are augmented breasts- but the woman is in damn fine shape- she's got massive quad development and a nice shape to her arm- I bet she has killer delts.

While the statement is fairly accurate- it could have been worded with out the edge.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dyemysoul wrote: »
    @Kettle_Belle14 and @amusedmonkey I don't comment much on forums either.....but my goodness, thank you!! I am still in the overweight category with a bmi of 28.9 and I have no idea of my body fat. I've never had it measured, thinking about it now I think I would like to just to see. I have never in my life felt so shapely nor healthy. I still have my goal set to be at a healthy bmi but I'm not killing myself to get there. Thank you for all the love...maybe I should comment more often I've gotten such a confidence booster today!! ;)

You do look amazing- and I've been dying to ask- so I'm just gonna- where DID you get that dress!!!!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

See, I like the way your waist is small and your hips and butt pop. You don't even look 175, esp being only 5'1. Good work.

I'm going to waist train, this belly ruins everything.

Waist train???

Yeah apparently it works I was skeptical but a lot of girls are getting results.
    I want a belly gone, and just tone up my arms. I like everything else.

If you want this, you need to weight train, not waist train.
  • decendre
    decendre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! If you're healthy and happy - rock on!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

I don't think that's how she meant it. I think she meant that she's always thought women with more weight on them (esp in the bum) look good and that is just what happens to be a trend now. Not that she only likes whatever the current fad is as it changes through the years.

Yeah she did. See
    What's in is what I always liked. That's my vision of sexy, I used to think you always had to be super skinny to be hot- even though I never found that attractive. I tried to be that,

"What's in is what I always liked...I tried to be that" seems to be as straight up a confession as one can be, no?

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is going to go downhill fast.