TIL - Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    TIL what happens when I skip a scheduled hike with my sister to sleep in. She gets butthurt. My bad. >:)
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    TIL what happens when I skip a scheduled hike with my sister to sleep in. She gets butthurt. My bad. >:)

Butthurt? Not sure whether that is too much info! Hahaha!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Shadowsan wrote: »
    Today... I learnt that my 100x100 deadlift routine and countdown drills are evil but amazing. I feel like I'm about to go super saiyan!

I also learnt that I'm a bigger geek than I let on just now (super saiyan? What a dork!) :D

Please tell me that 100x100 doesn't mean 100 reps x 100 lbs?
  • Shadowsan
    Options
    100 reps by 100 kilos.

Start off easy in sets of 10s to get to 100 reps then do 20s, 25s, 33s, 50s, and work up to 100 straight.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    TIL that people are even crazier than I thought.

TIL that people really DO got time for that.

100 kilos x 100 reps?

WHY ON EARTH?

and what about the REST of your body?
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    although... I'm working through the 100 pushups program... but that's different I TELL YOU!
  • marwamelmenshawy
    marwamelmenshawy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    til how to say no to people, and that sometimes you should put your own desires and feelings before others'
  • Shadowsan
    Options
    Deadlift when done right is one of the biggest lean mass builders out there.

I also did:

50 reps of bench at 90kg (5x10)
    50 military press at 50kg (5x10)
    50 reps of bent over row at 100kg (2x25)
    50 pull ups bw (I weigh a fair bit hahaha! In sets of 10s)
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I also did:

and just how long does that take you?
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    although... I'm working through the 100 pushups program... but that's different I TELL YOU!

100 in one go? I got about 65 at one point, and was surprised at how comfortably I could get to about 50 before the burn started. 100 is a reach though.

that's the end goal. I am no where near that.

I'm FINALLY passed Week 5 day 2 - where each set is separated by a 45s rest:
    10, 10, 13, 13, 10, 10, 9, 25. But Week 5 - day three adds another 35 to the mix, and that scares me.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yesterday I learned that women should train their butt and legs 3x more than their upper body. Because... It's all about that bass. No biceps. apparently.

At this point, just give me a woman who lifts ANYTHING, ANYTIME. The fear of teh bulkey is real. :rage:

The fear is real, and very sad. I know that often the flexy muscle pics in peoples profiles (who me?) don't help... but throw me in a dress and I don't look nearly so scary!

Oh my lord, thank you for saying this. I posted a pic on instagram of me flexing (mid set) and errybody got all " you're starting to look like a man" on me. Seriously?? You are the same people that just told me how "beautiful" I looked last weekend when I rocked that little black dress. So that being said, today I learned that if someone doesn't lift weights they have no idea that one can look really muscular in the middle of a set or right after a workout, and still be extremely feminine and girly while not at the gym.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    TIL that Big Hero 6 is better voiced in Dutch than in English
  • Shadowsan
    edited April 2015
    Options

I also did:

and just how long does that take you?

Approximately an hour.

I take as little rest as I possibly can and whizz through.

If you think that's bad...

...Try my countdown drill - good for bodyweight fitness:

10m square.

Run forward 10m - 10 pressups
    Back 10m to start
    Diagonally forward 10m to diagonally opposite cone - 10 situps
    Back 10m.
    Forward 10m - 10 squat jumps
    Back 10m.
    Diagonally forward 10m to opposite cone
    Back 10m to start.

10 seconds rest.

Go again. 9,9,9 - 9 seconds rest.
    8,8,8 - 8 seconds rest

...And so on down to 1.

It's only 50 reps of each exercise but it's the running coupled with getting off the ground and acceleration that's hard.

Time yourself - faster you can do it the better.

Next session - beat your previous time.

Regularly do this drill with my under 16s rugby league players to check their fitness to play... If they can't complete this drill in under 20 mins then they're deemed unfit.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Yesterday I learned that women should train their butt and legs 3x more than their upper body. Because... It's all about that bass. No biceps. apparently.

At this point, just give me a woman who lifts ANYTHING, ANYTIME. The fear of teh bulkey is real. :rage:

The fear is real, and very sad. I know that often the flexy muscle pics in peoples profiles (who me?) don't help... but throw me in a dress and I don't look nearly so scary!

Oh my lord, thank you for saying this. I posted a pic on instagram of me flexing (mid set) and errybody got all " you're starting to look like a man" on me. Seriously?? You are the same people that just told me how "beautiful" I looked last weekend when I rocked that little black dress. So that being said, today I learned that if someone doesn't lift weights they have no idea that one can look really muscular in the middle of a set or right after a workout, and still be extremely feminine and girly while not at the gym.

I look downright scrawny in some pics if I'm not flexing!
    Confession though: I'm always kinda flexing. LOL
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Oh my lord, thank you for saying this. I posted a pic on instagram of me flexing and errybody got all " you look like a man" on me. Seriously?? You are the same people that just told me how "beautiful" I looked last weekend when I rocked that dress. So that being said, today I learned that if someone doesn't lift weights they have no idea that one can look really muscular in the middle of a set or right after a workout, and still be extremely feminine and girly while not at the gym.

I hate that. I follow a lot fitness motivational IG accounts and the number of negative comments such as those downright infuriate me.

Personally, I can't wait to post a pic that will get me a "look like a man" comment. That's when I'll know I've made it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Oh I need to add.

Today I learned: an "urgent!!!" mailout which calls for a rush order of books, in actuality means books that will sit on my shelf for 11 months before finally being mailed out. :neutral:
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    People who you thought were your friends never really were. And this is why I like to be alone, in my own little bubble.
  • Nicospan
    Nicospan Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    ...that patients with LSS( lumbar spinal stenosis ), who received physical therapy had similar symptom relief and functional improvements during the first 2 years,as those who had surgical decompression.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    People who you thought were your friends never really were. And this is why I like to be alone, in my own little bubble.

:disappointed:
    :hugs:

Sorry to hear that!