7. Buy a Fitbit
    8. Check weight

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just for today
    1.) work out at lunch on treadmill, walk one song, run one song alternating
    2.) stay positive at work
    3.) make another call to the gym if I do not hear back from them today about joining :)
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    m_o_ wrote: »
    Just for today, I will
    1) Log my food before I eat it.
    2) Exercise despite my stress

Exercise relieves stress! Seriously! It is scientifically proven!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    just for today
    3.) make another call to the gym if I do not hear back from them today about joining :)

Seriously? What gym isn't trying to lure you in that you have to call them back!!!????
  • losingrae
    Options
    Now it's just a matter of doing what she tells me. I wish therapists had a magic wand and they could just wave it and make you better without your having to do anything... Too bad we have to work for it. ;)

This...on so many levels. :) They gave me all the tools, but would I actually use them? *Sigh*
  • losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 4/07
    1. log everything :)
    2. strength training :)
    3. read at least 5 pages of the "Starting Strength" book :)

Just for Today 4/08
    1. log everything
    2. take the dogs for a walk this evening
    3. read another 5 pages
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TODAY I will:
    Aim for alotted calories.
    No Sugar.
    Drink more water
    Cease evening eating!
    Walk on treadmill at gym.
    Read & relax
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just for today, 4/7, I will:
    1) not binge. :) Really, really wanted to. Instead, I took the food I wanted to binge on, portioned it out to fit into the calories I had left for the day, and put the rest away.
    2) not multi-task my food. Focusing on what I'm eating instead of simultaneously reading or surfing the web will probably help with #1. :( No, not at all. I listened to an audio book, checked my email, read some forum posts here, played games on my phone...
    3) keep an open mind at my first therapy appointment (I've never done anything like this, but after gaining 15 lbs in 3 months due to binge eating, it's way past time to ask for help). :) Now it's just a matter of doing what she tells me. I wish therapists had a magic wand and they could just wave it and make you better without your having to do anything... Too bad we have to work for it. ;)

Just for today, 4/8, I will:
    1) not binge.
    2) not multi-task my food. Trying this again.
    3) vacuum, take out the trash, do a load of laundry, and clean the bathrooms.

Congratulations on having the courage and commitment to seek help when you need it. Smiles!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Just for today, 4/7, I will:
    1) not binge. :) Really, really wanted to. Instead, I took the food I wanted to binge on, portioned it out to fit into the calories I had left for the day, and put the rest away.
    2) not multi-task my food. Focusing on what I'm eating instead of simultaneously reading or surfing the web will probably help with #1. :( No, not at all. I listened to an audio book, checked my email, read some forum posts here, played games on my phone...
    3) keep an open mind at my first therapy appointment (I've never done anything like this, but after gaining 15 lbs in 3 months due to binge eating, it's way past time to ask for help). :) Now it's just a matter of doing what she tells me. I wish therapists had a magic wand and they could just wave it and make you better without your having to do anything... Too bad we have to work for it. ;)

Just for today, 4/8, I will:
    1) not binge.
    2) not multi-task my food. Trying this again.
    3) vacuum, take out the trash, do a load of laundry, and clean the bathrooms.

Congratulations on having the courage and commitment to seek help when you need it. Smiles!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. lift weights :)
    3. eat well :)

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. stay under 110 G/carbs
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    2 out of 3 yesterday.
    Just need to remember to check in to my hunger levels

Today
    - under net calorie goal ☺
    - check into stomach and hunger levels at least 5 times☺

YESSSSSSS! ! And feel so good after 4 days of doing some kind of exercise and 2 days of eating really well. Now I remember this makes me feel good!!

• feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goal
    - rest my body after last 4 days of hardcore exercise
    - in line with calorie goal
    - check into stomach min 5 times

And... Enjoy the sunshine!!
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    2 out of 3 yesterday.
    Just need to remember to check in to my hunger levels

Today
    - under net calorie goal ☺
    - check into stomach and hunger levels at least 5 times☺

YESSSSSSS! ! And feel so good after 4 days of doing some kind of exercise and 2 days of eating really well. Now I remember this makes me feel good!!

Great work !! Keep it going, your motivation is gonna soar......
  • ruby70
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    just for today

Seriously? What gym isn't trying to lure you in that you have to call them back!!!????

I work/live in a very small town under 1000 people. We have not even had a gym here for over 2 years after it shut down because it could not make it. A couple just reopened one a few months ago. It is very laid back.... the owners have other full time jobs. I was down there today and they have good equipment, but no staff hours. It is the best I can ask for at this time without having to drive into another town about 20 miles away from my work and 40 miles from my house.
  • ruby70
    edited April 2015
    Options
    feistyjojo

Feistyjojo - great job! you are on a streak. I have been trying to focus on the feel good motivation also!!!!!
  • losingrae
    Options

I work/live in a very small town under 1000 people. We have not even had a gym here for over 2 years after it shut down because it could not make it. A couple just reopened one a few months ago. It is very laid back.... the owners have other full time jobs. I was down there today and they have good equipment, but no staff hours. It is the best I can ask for at this time without having to drive into another town about 20 miles away from my work and 40 miles from my house.

That's how it is for me :) They offer 24 hour access because it's so small and not staffed. It's 4 blocks from my house. So pretty awesome!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Wednesday April 8)
    1. Walk before breakfast :smile:
    2. Have a delicious and creative brunch :smile:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Thursday April 9)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me.
    2. Eat light so I can have a drink or two at a girls night out.
    3. Figure out a way to walk for 1 hour with a very busy day and very bad weather.

• MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just for today (8/4)

1) Stay within my allowance - :)
    2) 30 minutes of exercise - :)
    3) Do something for me - :)

Just for today (9/4)

1) Stay within my calorie allowance
    2) 30 Minutes of exercise
    3) Drink more water
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today, will carry on with my visualisation technique - working amazingly for me - I am free of food temptations. Need to apply this to do some exercise and other areas of