Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• Firefly_71
    Firefly_71 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi OP - So as someone who has always had a butt, I can saw with confidence that you probably won't lose it even if you lose more weight. Even at my skinniest 5'9" and 145, I had a butt. As women, we are also hardwired to retain fat around our lower half the longest.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/where-do-you-lose-weight-first

Boobs sadly, you can't control. But that is what Miracle Bras are for :)

It sounds like you want to lose another 10 pounds or so. At this point in your journey you may want to re-evaluate your strategy for shaping your body. Consider switching to body sculpting, and significantly increase your weightlifting. It sounds like cardio is your main exercise. Cardio is great, but as you age it is good to incorporate weightlifting into your routine anyway. I am sure none of this is news to you.

I am positive most if not all of the celebs you admire have some kind of body sculpting routine. Many posters have already recommended Bret Contreras, I would definitely check out his book:

Strong Curves: a Guide to Building A Better Butt and Body

also check out

The New Rules of Lifting for Women

Also even if you do 'lose your butt' -- it is one of the few areas that is relatively easy to build up via bodysculpting etc.

Finally you might want to check out the Brazil Butt Lift Video series by Beach Body, it incorporates lots of cardio that will help with weight loss, and also emphasizes butt sculpting. It is kind of pricey - so you may want to check out less expensive videos on Amazon that focus on butt sculpting (The Butt Bible, 30-Day Butt Lift, etc.).

Cheers!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yes please. Gorgeous and FIT!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The weight Doctor told me that I should weight 150 and I am 5' 5" I myself am not sure about that since I am more curvy and if you cut my boobs off I would lose weight there. Right now I am an E. I expect to lose back down to a D. I have however shrunk an inch. I use to be 5' 6" tall and weighted 165 and I looked good at that weight. I do not know you only that you are 5' 2" and weight 145. I think you have to be happy with yourself and be at a healthy weight. I myself will see how I look at 165 and if I think I need to lose to 150 I will. I am sure my Doctor is shooting for 150 and he could be right. I have shrank that inch.

That means absolutely nothing. My doctor wanted me to get 150 also but it's only because it puts you in the normal BMI range. I was still way chubby at 150 (I'm 5'5").

And IMO the whole 'thick is in' thing is just an excuse people use to be lazy and stay fat. But yes, some people carry their weight better than others, so if you're one of the lucky ones, good for you. I just don't understand that 'fear' that women have of losing their curves... 90% of women will have plenty of curves well within the normal BMI range.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

All I see in that pic is fake boobs and zero curves...

The skin in your profile picture is very nearly orange. I don't think you're in the position to be passing judgement.

WTF @thisdizzy_dreamer???? Are you saying i wear fake tan or something? Never have used it and never will. I live in Australia, don't need it :smile: Take a chill pill little girl :huh:
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Oh, FFS.

Girl, you are NOT going to look like a person in a magazine. Ever. Because it's all photoshop.

5'2"? I'm 5'6" and 145 was my "I'm too fat to let this continue" weight.

You very likely have broader shoulders and ribcage than I. But, still.....why look like a vacuous twit like Amber Rose or Kim K? Why not look like yourself, but healthy and vibrant for your own loved ones?

I am old and just don't GET this BS.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NEVER let a fad dictate ANYTHING in your life. EVER.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka thank you! I actually rented the dress from a website called Renttherunway.com. I love this website... You can rent high-end designer dresses for between 30-600$$. Granted this dress was maybe $35 to rent. You get 2 sizes to make sure you get a good fit and you get a second choice dress for free. The jewelry was rented as well. I've used this site numerous times and have excellent results everytime. Even when I needed to lose weight I got a great dress that fitted perfectly.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lmao no need to cuss. Not that serious.
    I actually don't have broad shoulders or ribcages, I'm small up top, a lot of my weight is on my butt and hips lower Tummy. Don't make assumptions about someone's body, not everyone with the same height and weight look the same. Obviously, I won't look exactly like them I didn't think I'd ever have to state the obvious, no shyt. Some people on these forums are wack. Note to self... Be more politically correct, be specific, be literal smh.

What's so mind boggling about people wanting to be more curvy now? What's not to get about that? Why are you thinking so hard.

Amber, Selena Jlo Kim are hot the *kitten* you angry about chill old lady damn.
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Oh, FFS.

Girl, you are NOT going to look like a person in a magazine. Ever. Because it's all photoshop.

You very likely have broader shoulders and ribcage than I. But, still.....why look like a vacuous twit like Amber Rose or Kim K? Why not look like yourself, but healthy and vibrant for your own loved ones?

• angellll12
    Options

The skin in your profile picture is very nearly orange. I don't think you're in the position to be passing judgement.

WTF @thisdizzy_dreamer???? Are you saying i wear fake tan or something? Never have used it and never will. I live in Australia, don't need it :smile: Take a chill pill little girl :huh:

People are ridiculous on these fourms lmao.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »

People are ridiculous on these fourms lmao.

Yeah that one took me aback a little... I should post a pic of my orange oompa loompa niece lol I have told her on many occasions she looks silly, but she continues to trowel on that orange shite!!!
    Oh and I must remember to speak to my professional photographer, his lighting must be off :tongue: :ohwell:
    This is all assuming that's what little munchkin above was talking about???
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I actually don't have broad shoulders or ribcages, I'm small up top, a lot of my weight is on my butt and hips lower Tummy. Don't make assumptions about someone's body, not everyone with the same height and weight look the same. Obviously, I won't look exactly like them I didn't think I'd ever have to state the obvious, no shyt. Some people on these forums are wack. Note to self... Be more politically correct, be specific, be literal smh.

What's so mind boggling about people wanting to be more curvy now? What's not to get about that? Why are you thinking so hard.

Oh, FFS.

Oh, honey. this old lady pats you on the head and graciously moves on.

But, if you aspire to "hot" trash, you go. LOL. The point remains. Don't stay fat and unfit to look like what's in. Get strong, get smart, and join the rest of the best women in laughing at Amber Rose and all of the Kardashians. Nobody cares what you weigh. Start thinking about what you can do rather than what you look like.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight
    The bmi chart says u r 'overweight'.that doesn't mean u may not look good.but it's a give and take, losing more weight means u r healthier, but u lose your boobs and a##.I would suggest losing more weight where u r in the normal weight range, a bmi of 24.7.it's on the high end of the normal weight range.if u feel okay, then don't lose more weight.the scale is a tool for weight loss,not the only reference device.
  • angellll12
    Options

Oh, FFS.

Oh, honey. this old lady pats you on the head and graciously moves on.

But, if you aspire to "hot" trash, you go. LOL. The point remains. Don't stay fat and unfit to look like what's in. Get strong, get smart, and join the rest of the best women in laughing at Amber Rose and all of the Kardashians. Nobody cares what you weigh. Start thinking about what you can do rather than what you look like.

Oh sugar, did I say I aspire to be trash tho? Because I like a certain body type means I aspire to be trashy?. I've stated in this thread that I'd like to go down to 130. " be smart" but you sound stupid as *kitten*.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    C'mon now, lets not start start the pointless back and forthing :(
  • angellll12
    Options
    C'mon now, lets not start start the pointless back and forthing :(

I am done :)

Sorryyyyyy.

* on my best behaviour*

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

See, I like the way your waist is small and your hips and butt pop. You don't even look 175, esp being only 5'1. Good work.

I'm going to waist train, this belly ruins everything.

Waist train???

Yeah apparently it works I was skeptical but a lot of girls are getting results.
    I want a belly gone, and just tone up my arms. I like everything else.
    when u lose weight, u lose it everywhere.
  • mindy7973
    Options
    GIRL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, I WAS RAISED IN SOUTH GA SO PARDON ME FOR MY BLUNTNESS, MY INTENTION IS NOT TO BE RUDE IN ANY WAY. I JUST STARTED MY 6MTH EVALUATION PERIOD BEFORE BARIATRIC SURGERY, I AM 5' 4' AND I STARTED AT 426 POUNDS, I AM NOW 393, AND FEEL GREAT ABOUT MY PROGRESS. I KNOW I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 150 LBS AND I WOULD LITERALLY KILL TO BE 140. I KNOW I WILL NEVER BE THAT SMALL AGAIN BUT WHEN I GO BELOW 200 LBS I WILL FEEL LIKE I AM A DIFFERENT PERSON. DONT MISUNDERSTAND ME THOUGH WHEN I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL IN A....WELL A LONG TIME AGO I WAS 138 LBS. BUT I HAVE BEEN OVER WEIGHT 99% OF MY LIFE, AND EVEN WHEN I WAS THAT WEIGHT I FELF OVER WEIGHT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE MIND SET. I HAD TO GO THROUGH MANY YEARS OF GAINING WEIGHT A LITTLE AT A TIME UNTIL I GOT THIS WAY, AND IT TOOK THAT FOR ME TO REALIZE THAT 138 LBS WAS NOT FAT.....SCREW WHAT SOCIETY OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS. IF YOU ARE HAPPY IN YOUR OWN SKIN, THATS ALL YOU EVER NEED TO BE.
  • angellll12
    Options
    mindy7973 wrote: »
    GIRL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, I WAS RAISED IN SOUTH GA SO PARDON ME FOR MY BLUNTNESS, MY INTENTION IS NOT TO BE RUDE IN ANY WAY. I JUST STARTED MY 6MTH EVALUATION PERIOD BEFORE BARIATRIC SURGERY, I AM 5' 4' AND I STARTED AT 426 POUNDS, I AM NOW 393, AND FEEL GREAT ABOUT MY PROGRESS. I KNOW I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 150 LBS AND I WOULD LITERALLY KILL TO BE 140. I KNOW I WILL NEVER BE THAT SMALL AGAIN BUT WHEN I GO BELOW 200 LBS I WILL FEEL LIKE I AM A DIFFERENT PERSON. DONT MISUNDERSTAND ME THOUGH WHEN I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL IN A....WELL A LONG TIME AGO I WAS 138 LBS. BUT I HAVE BEEN OVER WEIGHT 99% OF MY LIFE, AND EVEN WHEN I WAS THAT WEIGHT I FELF OVER WEIGHT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE MIND SET. I HAD TO GO THROUGH MANY YEARS OF GAINING WEIGHT A LITTLE AT A TIME UNTIL I GOT THIS WAY, AND IT TOOK THAT FOR ME TO REALIZE THAT 138 LBS WAS NOT FAT.....SCREW WHAT SOCIETY OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS. IF YOU ARE HAPPY IN YOUR OWN SKIN, THATS ALL YOU EVER NEED TO BE.

You know what, yes you shouldn't let society tell you what's beautiful and what's not, but when you see and hear the same thing over and over again it's like you get brainwashed and you start to believe it, especially when you're younger. I know girls who are my height 5'2 and no more then 110 pounds who are trying to gain weight. There's this girl on YouTube who was 98 pounds and got on a " weight gain" journey....She's now 170 ish. Weird how things switched up.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    mindy7973 wrote: »

dbb57c8e62c9701a5ff24ef6977d9822.jpg?itok=ZqsGK6qz