What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Turkey salad, quinoa & kale, roll w/butter.

glkmz014lokr.jpg
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    BLT's and corn on the cob. Yum!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Margie found a recipe for Garlic Roasted Cabbage and I gave it a try. Turned out pretty good. But I Googled to compare to other recipes and low and behold, there is one for Garlic and Bacon roasted Cabbage. Guess what I'll be trying next time? I used the extra cabbage, along with some baked ham and a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies to make a stir-fry. It was alright, but could have used some peppers or something to spice it up. {which I thought of too late to add} Would also like to try it with some link sausage in it. I bet that would be good. Also had some chips and salsa from Margie's lunch leftovers.

0giaqt8n1ams.jpg
    eeg6iq7tvxkk.jpg
  • LucyOver
    LucyOver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, corn, black beans, cilantro and lime on romaine with a little Sriracha
  • _QueenE_
    Options
    Sauteed asparagus, chicken, brown rice and a straw/blueberry smoothie. I thought about taking a picture of it to share when I was half way done haha. Maybe tomorrow. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Last night, Skinny Taste Chicken Asparagus Lemon Stirfry over brown rice.bciw1ux6szcp.jpg

Tonight no pics but leftovers from Easter brunch made into a casserole: (hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, link sausage and cheddar cheese with lots of pepper).
  • mygnsac
    Options
    We went out for Chinese tonight. Egg drop soup, cashew chicken, fried rice, egg roll, fried wonton. Tons left over. Good, but super salty. Let the water guzzling commence!

vwm7sgaxx75y.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was really worried about my iron intake so I had...CHEERIOS!

e9bksc7zanvc.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

e9bksc7zanvc.jpg

I was at Walgreens tonight and there was an end cap display of Honey Nut Cheerios and all I could think was, "pshaw don't waste my time little bee, you may tempt my tummy with the taste of nuts and honey but you ain't got the iron I need..."
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

e9bksc7zanvc.jpg

I was at Walgreens tonight and there was an end cap display of Honey Nut Cheerios and all I could think was, "pshaw don't waste my time little bee, you may tempt my tummy with the taste of nuts and honey but you ain't got the iron I need..."

I found some of the Protein Cheerios super cheap, so I bought a couple of boxes. I still have some of my Kashi's left, so I don't know how it taste yet. But it does have good protein numbers.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Yup, Grocery Outlet had Cheerios Protein for .99 a box. i picked up 3 boxes.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Love munching on dry cheerios during the long commute each day!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I made a new version of my Black Bean + 13 Soup today, this time with pork sausage. It turned out pretty good, but the 2nd day is always the real test with soup. As usual, I made way too much, so I will freeze a bunch of it, starting tomorrow.

hxajqrg5nmt5.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I added mixed veggies to the black bean + 13 soup tonight. Pretty good, but still needs a little more hot pepper. Also had a ham and cheese sandwich, corn salad, mixed veggies and Jalapeno poppers.
    xtzn52sj3ejh.jpg
    00vuasqkb17l.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Tika Masala over cauliflower with a homemade pita.
    cqd5xlmqakh0.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Roast beef sandwich with mixed sprouts, avocado, tomato, swiss cheese, and mustard; bbq baked beans; macaroni salad; cucumber; and asparagus.

ihy0n6qbower.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Margie, Sister and BIL came to town and joined me for supper at Main Street Station after I got off work tonight. I had the New York strip, black beans and a sweet potato. We also shared a basket of chips and salsa, but I forgot the picture until they were mostly gone. Good food and good company.

0liwyyyz37rb.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Margie has been wanting some of her "hamburger" gravy for a while. Tonight she made it with ground pork sausage and ground turkey {along with onion, sweet and Jalapeno peppers}. Served it over rice, had green beans and a toasted baguette. It was all very good.

df00ihwyxk3v.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Homemade black eyed peas, asparagus, red bell pepper, cucumber, steamed green beans, and new potatoes.

e68mx5gwqhum.jpg
  • _QueenE_
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We made tacos with ground chicken. I liked it a lot better than the ground turkey.