Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

The only show I hate on there is Disappeared since a lot of the cases are still unsolved. The funny thing is I can watch ID Channel, but Criminal Minds gives me the creeps.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of socks with a separate toe for each toe. They're cute, but I've only worn them a time or two. They're fun looking though!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm wearing leggings right now. :p To be fair, I'm also wearing a long shirt and boots, so...

I should had clarified but I didn't want it to be one of those long posts people skip. :wink: Leggings with a tunic or other longer shirt/sweater is fine, cute even. Leggings worn the same as jeans would be where your shirt is not long enough to cover you rear, especially in a work setting, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care how fit or thin you are. I don't want to see your *kitten* when you're walking past my office. Thanks.

Definitely not at work

nude-leggings.jpg

At first I thought she was bare-assed, then I realized that was not her skin color. Ugh. Also, it looks so trashy that Lowe's employees wear whatever they want (yes, a bit of a grumble because I have to wear a work issued polo, pants that button, and a belt).
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    My confession: If I eat chips straight from a big bag, I won't count them. I know it's bad, but I usually think "I'll take just a few". But I keep coming back for more. I probably end up eating about 400 calories worth of keep-coming-back-for-more chips. I'm trying to be more conscious of that though.

I'm the same way. More often than not, I now just take a serving and put the rest away. Sometimes, I still grab handfuls. Old habits.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession: My ex is an as*hat, and hes my primary motivator for getting healthier. He needs to see what he missed out on.

Good motivation!
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!

I would love a pet pig!!! Although my dog is pretty good at cleaning up unwanted food too (but can't have chocolate so it limits things somewhat). But he barks. I'm so sick of the constant barking every time someone walks outside.

About scary movies, I don't like them either. But going to force myself to go see Crimson Peak because of Tom Hiddleston. Fully expect to scream in the theater.

Confessions.. I decided today that I would save sweets for after dinner *if* I have the calories left and I'm not that hungry, to avoid being too hungry and going over later.... I've already failed.

And tomorrow's my birthday and I picked that nice restaurant for dinner (already pre-logged it and I'm looking at 1800 calories minimum for the whole meal), but I also want some cake or something because I haven't had a real birthday cake in years... but I don't know what kind, which might just save me, as I don't like spending so many calories on something 'just because' if I'm not actually craving it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Confession: My ex is an as*hat, and hes my primary motivator for getting healthier. He needs to see what he missed out on.

Good motivation!
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!

I would love a pet pig!!! Although my dog is pretty good at cleaning up unwanted food too (but can't have chocolate so it limits things somewhat). But he barks. I'm so sick of the constant barking every time someone walks outside.

About scary movies, I don't like them either. But going to force myself to go see Crimson Peak because of Tom Hiddleston. Fully expect to scream in the theater.

Confessions.. I decided today that I would save sweets for after dinner *if* I have the calories left and I'm not that hungry, to avoid being too hungry and going over later.... I've already failed.

And tomorrow's my birthday and I picked that nice restaurant for dinner (already pre-logged it and I'm looking at 1800 calories minimum for the whole meal), but I also want some cake or something because I haven't had a real birthday cake in years... but I don't know what kind, which might just save me, as I don't like spending so many calories on something 'just because' if I'm not actually craving it.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

I'm interested in most as well. I used to have like two huge volume books on murderers throughout history...I'd leave it around my awful roommate in college so she'd see lol.

Although I will say I was legit freaking out when the news broke about Ariel Castro. He used to shop at the JCP I worked at during the time when those girls were taken. I remember going to the market downtown and ALWAYS seeing 'missing' posters for them. So creepy because we were about the same age.

Really? Wow, I'd be super creeped out, too. That story haunted me for a while and I had no personal connection. I hate the Dr. Phil show, but I watched the 2-part interview he did with the one gal and I've watched her follow-up appearance. The things she has over come is incredible. (I can't think of her name, but if I look it up I'll get emotionally invested in the story again.)

Yeah it's crazy. I recognized his brother when they showed him on the news. It was probably Michelle that talked on Dr Phil. I can't stand him so I didn't watch. But I believe she's been the most vocal of the 3.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ugghh...I had a healthy lunch all picked out and was really looking forward to it for a friend's birthday lunch today. But the line was too long and we ended up at a Mexican restaurant instead. And, here I am, an entire basket of chips later...at least I only had tortilla soup to follow it up with! I'm figuring 800 for the chips and 250 for the soup. Trying to move on...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

I'm interested in most as well. I used to have like two huge volume books on murderers throughout history...I'd leave it around my awful roommate in college so she'd see lol.

Although I will say I was legit freaking out when the news broke about Ariel Castro. He used to shop at the JCP I worked at during the time when those girls were taken. I remember going to the market downtown and ALWAYS seeing 'missing' posters for them. So creepy because we were about the same age.

Really? Wow, I'd be super creeped out, too. That story haunted me for a while and I had no personal connection. I hate the Dr. Phil show, but I watched the 2-part interview he did with the one gal and I've watched her follow-up appearance. The things she has over come is incredible. (I can't think of her name, but if I look it up I'll get emotionally invested in the story again.)

Yeah it's crazy. I recognized his brother when they showed him on the news. It was probably Michelle that talked on Dr Phil. I can't stand him so I didn't watch. But I believe she's been the most vocal of the 3.

Yes, it was Michelle. I'm so impressed by her character and strength. I hope she has a great rest of her life. She (and the other two) deserve it.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I'm right there buddy. I have a 2 and a half year old. T_T Bawling every time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any work, at work, for over two hours. Can I just go home, please?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any work, at work, for over two hours. Can I just go home, please?

Permission granted, from an internet stranger. Your boss will have to agree.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I don't know that one by name, and not going to google it. The one that haunted me when I was little was Jeanine Nicarico. She was my age, and my dad (from the area) and his siblings had a lot of mutual friends with her family. Eventually it came out they also had mutual friends or were friends with the killer's family, too. We were living in Wisconsin then, but all my cousins were local, and getting stranger danger assemblies at school every month. There were scares on the news any time someone saw anything suspicious. It was infuriating that everyone knew who really did it for years before the police got around to fixing their mistakes. The guy flat out confessed to anyone who would listen.

It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

The one that happened near me was the Bernardo murders. It actually happened when I was the exact age of his victims and my entire area was freaked out. Also, I knew a girl very well that was attacked by him (she survived).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

The only show I hate on there is Disappeared since a lot of the cases are still unsolved. The funny thing is I can watch ID Channel, but Criminal Minds gives me the creeps.

Right before I moved out of my parents house, I would watch Criminal Minds marathons with my dad. So much regret once I was living in a crappy apartment by myself in a (somewhat) unfamiliar town 45 minutes away.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    This thread has evolved so much, I basically scan for replies and reposts of my posts, and look for posts from my favorite people.. maybe for post 777 I'll list all the people I like and don't like. Lucky to know ya!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    This thread has evolved so much, I basically scan for replies and reposts of my posts, and look for posts from my favorite people.. maybe for post 777 I'll list all the people I like and don't like. Lucky to know ya!

Great, that leggings picture probably put me on the don't like list. Just my luck.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Happy birthday! :) In advance because I'm sure I won't remember tomorrow... menopause, you know.

There was a slab cake in the lunch room today. Several people had scraped a lot of icing off their pieces and left it in the cake box, so I scooped up all the extra icing too. The cake itself was pretty underwhelming, so the icing was definitely the best part.
  • Francl27
    Options

Great, that leggings picture probably put me on the don't like list. Just my luck.

Well your avatar is awesome, so there's that.

But yeah, leggings with short tops = no no lol.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

That was dangerous. Now people will be looking to see who you reply to so they know who your favorite people are. :wink:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

And tomorrow's my birthday and I picked that nice restaurant for dinner (already pre-logged it and I'm looking at 1800 calories minimum for the whole meal), but I also want some cake or something because I haven't had a real birthday cake in years... but I don't know what kind, which might just save me, as I don't like spending so many calories on something 'just because' if I'm not actually craving it.[/quote]

Happy Birthday!