Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

Helter Skelter is about Charles Manson

Ted Bundy I think is the other name you were thinking about.....

oh crap, yes Charles. ty!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I confess that I'm 38 and still can't watch scary movies. I'll have nightmares and be freaked out in the dark.
  • LilLuLu4
    LilLuLu4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finally. Caught. Up. Onthisaweseomefreakingthread!!!! Woo! Been reading this thing forever. It's like non-stop greatness. From the humor to the motivation, and even the fights (LOL).

My confession: If I eat chips straight from a big bag, I won't count them. I know it's bad, but I usually think "I'll take just a few". But I keep coming back for more. I probably end up eating about 400 calories worth of keep-coming-back-for-more chips. I'm trying to be more conscious of that though.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

James Bulger's death makes me so sad because he was just a tiny boy... and killed by two grade school kids! What would compel a couple of children to do something so awful?

I remember the Elisa Lam case and just how unusual it was. They did a similar storyline on Castle once (don't judge...Nathan Fillion <3 ) .

On a more lighthearted topic...there's a woman here who wears Nike athletic pants and a running tshirt EVERY casual Friday. CF is supposed to be jeans and a polo, not pants so tight I can make out every wrinkle in her *kitten*. It grosses me out so much.

I also don't understand how anyone can wear a turtleneck.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    Finally. Caught. Up. Onthisaweseomefreakingthread!!!! Woo! Been reading this thing forever. It's like non-stop greatness. From the humor to the motivation, and even the fights (LOL).

My confession: If I eat chips straight from a big bag, I won't count them. I know it's bad, but I usually think "I'll take just a few". But I keep coming back for more. I probably end up eating about 400 calories worth of keep-coming-back-for-more chips. I'm trying to be more conscious of that though.

I just weigh the bag before and after, and whatever the damage is, that's what it is. Disclaimer: mine are pork rinds, not chips, so the damage isn't quite as high, either.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm 38 and still can't watch scary movies. I'll have nightmares and be freaked out in the dark.

Me too, and continue to have nightmares sporadically for years.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »

I do this, too. Then, I usually log one or two servings and call it a day.
    I do the same thing with nuts...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

Do you read Ann Rule books? I read the one about the Green River Killer titled 'Green River, running red' and one about Ted Bundy 'The stranger beside me'. I could not put either down!

The Only Living Witness is a pretty excellent read on Ted Bundy if you're interested. Not to sound totally weird but I find him fascinating...

I like (well not like) but am interested by serial killers. I've read books, watched movies, documentaries. I have not read 'Helter Shelter' yet based on Ted Manson and those murders, heard that's a real out there book, scary wise I think (?)

I'm interested in most as well. I used to have like two huge volume books on murderers throughout history...I'd leave it around my awful roommate in college so she'd see lol.

Although I will say I was legit freaking out when the news broke about Ariel Castro. He used to shop at the JCP I worked at during the time when those girls were taken. I remember going to the market downtown and ALWAYS seeing 'missing' posters for them. So creepy because we were about the same age.

Really? Wow, I'd be super creeped out, too. That story haunted me for a while and I had no personal connection. I hate the Dr. Phil show, but I watched the 2-part interview he did with the one gal and I've watched her follow-up appearance. The things she has over come is incredible. (I can't think of her name, but if I look it up I'll get emotionally invested in the story again.)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm wearing leggings right now. :p To be fair, I'm also wearing a long shirt and boots, so...

I should had clarified but I didn't want it to be one of those long posts people skip. :wink: Leggings with a tunic or other longer shirt/sweater is fine, cute even. Leggings worn the same as jeans would be where your shirt is not long enough to cover you rear, especially in a work setting, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care how fit or thin you are. I don't want to see your *kitten* when you're walking past my office. Thanks.

No worries, my leggings are always worn with tunic-length tops. I don't want my 51 year old *kitten* on display either.

Because I'm kinda tall, I sometimes wear garments that were originally intended as dresses, but would be waaaay too short on me, as "tunics".

I bought maternity tank tops at Target because they were long enough to wear with skinny jeans. I love them!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »

Confession #2: I'm happy my friends confide in me and come to me with their problems but I'm starting to become emotionally drained from them.

You know what's super frustrating? When you give good sound advice because you're on the outside looking in and they keep repeating the same destructive behavior over and over again and then wonder why their life is so full of stress and drama.

I have found myself distancing myself from these people because I don't want their S#!t spilling over into my life. I have my own things to worry about.

^^^^^ This, exactly. I seem to attract people who have major issues with this very thing. If you don't want advice or you don't plan to take it, don't ask for it and don't drag me into your drama. I am sure it says something about me that I attract these people but I am going to gloss over that part.

My husband referred to us as "drama magnets". We do not have any, or hardly any, drama of our own, but the people we know sure love dragging us into theirs.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.
  • five1113
    five1113 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I purge after eating something ridiculously unhealthy, and yes, I know it's equally unhealthy to do that, but the guilt kills me. I do this maybe only twice a month, and I'm not in no way encouraging this, I need to learn to just not eat things I know will make me want to purge. Sidenote: this was hard to admit to. :(
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I'm aiming for nightly but have to skip the occasional evening due to time constraints.

When looking for my lightweight dumbbells I also found a 5 lb kettlebell from my early days of resistance training so I've added a KB shoulder press (if that's what you call it?) to my routine.

Perhaps you can demonstrate a desk modification workout on the video... that could really expand the target market.

Ooooooooooooh. That's a very large market. We could probably do a major city tour with that kind of pull.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    harriyot wrote: »
    Oh dear I need to confess this one... I hate my boss and also have a rather horrendous gas problem (long story - serious GI issues - awaiting surgery). Whenever she pisses me off I walk past her and release a noxious one. Not immediately - I bide my time and brew up a big one. She dare not say anything because she knows it's due to a serious medical condition. Sometimes I feel a little bit evil.

Oh my gosh. laughing so hard. That's awesome.
  • looneytunes32
    Options
    As far as leggings go, I personally don't consider them pants but to each their own I guess.. Unless it's at work, then it's just sloppy and unprofessional. I have a coworker who wears leggings and yoga pants to work in an office. No, just no.

I'm fairly certain that's one of the main reasons one of our front office girls got her job. She's one of the few they look good on. Still not appropriate for an accountant's office though.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I don't know that one by name, and not going to google it. The one that haunted me when I was little was Jeanine Nicarico. She was my age, and my dad (from the area) and his siblings had a lot of mutual friends with her family. Eventually it came out they also had mutual friends or were friends with the killer's family, too. We were living in Wisconsin then, but all my cousins were local, and getting stranger danger assemblies at school every month. There were scares on the news any time someone saw anything suspicious. It was infuriating that everyone knew who really did it for years before the police got around to fixing their mistakes. The guy flat out confessed to anyone who would listen.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    five1113 wrote: »
    I purge after eating something ridiculously unhealthy, and yes, I know it's equally unhealthy to do that, but the guilt kills me. I do this maybe only twice a month, and I'm not in no way encouraging this, I need to learn to just not eat things I know will make me want to purge. Sidenote: this was hard to admit to. :(

Good for you for getting it off your chest. Hopefully you can make progress now. Keep at it! It can be done.
  • looneytunes32
    Options

Me too. You are not alone.
  • looneytunes32
    Options

I also don't understand how anyone can wear a turtleneck.

Turtlenecks make me feel like I can't breathe. My neck isn't fat, I think it's a phobia kind of thing.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    As far as leggings go, I personally don't consider them pants but to each their own I guess.. Unless it's at work, then it's just sloppy and unprofessional. I have a coworker who wears leggings and yoga pants to work in an office. No, just no.

Whenever I question if something I want to wear to work is too unprofessional, I just think of my one coworker who always wears those running shoes with the creepy separate toes to the office.

I have those. Vibram Five fingers. Two of my kids love them. I would not consider them business appropriate however, not even business casual.