Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    This thread was incredibly amusing....

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

you'll never know who i really meant though now will you?

Wow, thanks for taking the heat off me veganbettie :+1:

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

Ok yeah I apparently have strong feelings about that.

wow.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

You don't think that women should be able to do whatever they want to do with their own body?

@veganbettie In light of recent events in this thread I would like to retract what I said about your comments being among the worst in this thread. I see that whole other levels have been attained and, in light of this, it is only proper that I apologize.

Beyond that: Wow indeed.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

Oh yay, more body shaming! And intelligence insulting! Brilliant.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    WhatJustHappened_zpsgtq5gzga.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

How can it be body shaming if they are deliberately making themselves look like that through plastic surgery??
    I see body shaming as putting someone down for their natural body shape, which there is really nothing they can do about it.. To me, that's not nice or fair.
  • tomatoey
    edited April 2015
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

How can it be body shaming if they are deliberately making themselves look like that through plastic surgery??
    I see body shaming as putting someone down for their natural body shape, which there is really nothing they can do about it.. To me, that's not nice or fair.

ok.. some people whose shapes vary from the dominant cultural fave actually like their shapes, so they're ok with the fact that there's "nothing they can do about it". they like how they look. they don't want or need pity.

anyone can be body shamed. including women who do surgery or get really into lifting. body shaming is just shaming someone's body.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

So you think it's okay for people to shame someone for being obese or choosing to be muscular or...dying their hair a weird color? Or just plastic surgery? Just plastic surgery that results in what you believe to be 'unnatural proportions'? Where exactly does the 'you choose this so it's okay to call you unattractive, trash, grotesque, and say you have a low IQ' get drawn?

Does this ire extend to women who have Amber Rose like bodies naturally?
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    An open invitation for guys to be pervs? a girl could be fully covered and guys will still bark. With curvier girls most the time no matter what they wear they will look sexy, even being fully covered. And a girl Has the right to dress however she wants, it's not an open invitation for anything.
    zsllddc1u9em.jpg
    7ge7fmjikr3y.jpg

She's fully dressed, You think guys won't bark at that?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    An open invitation for guys to be pervs? a girl could be fully covered and guys will still bark. With curvier girls most the time no matter what they wear they will look sexy, even being fully covered. And a girl Has the right to dress however she wants, it's not an open invitation for anything.
    zsllddc1u9em.jpg
    7ge7fmjikr3y.jpg

If a guy barks, he's a dog. No "look" justifies harassment.

As a woman who, according to OP is ancient....BUT I'M EXACTLY JLO'S AGE, SO STEP OFF....how you look should not warrant different treatment from other people.

But, personally? Post Surgery AR and photoshopped KK (you don't think she actually looks like that, do you?) look weird and unnatural. Jennifer Lopez? Rosie Perez? Tina Rigdon? Lovely women who own their natural bodies. Also applies to other shaped ladies like Lupita Nyong'o, Allison Stokke, or even Gwynneth Paltrow. (Although Gwen's ideas are LOOPY. Steaming one's vag, indeed.)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I won't bark because I'm a man, not a boy.
  • angellll12
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    zsllddc1u9em.jpg
    7ge7fmjikr3y.jpg

If a guy barks, he's a dog. No "look" justifies harassment.

As a woman who, according to OP is ancient....BUT I'M EXACTLY JLO'S AGE, SO STEP OFF....how you look should not warrant different treatment from other people.

But, personally? Post Surgery AR and photoshopped KK (you don't think she actually looks like that, do you?) look weird and unnatural. Jennifer Lopez? Rosie Perez? Tina Rigdon? Lovely women who own their natural bodies. Also applies to other shaped ladies like Lupita Nyong'o, Allison Stokke, or even Gwynneth Paltrow. (Although Gwen's ideas are LOOPY. Steaming one's vag, indeed.)

You called yourself old..... Why are you acting like I attacked you hard about your age?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    AAAAArrrrgggghhh I'm backing out of this thread. I seem to be saying ALL the wrong things :tired_face:
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OP, own wheat you've got. Love your body and get to where YOU are happy, whether it's the weight you're at or a few pounds down. Don't worry about fads or what strangers here on MFP think. Best wishes!!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    my thoughts are all over the place, re @Francl27

women with bigger chests and bums have had to deal with accusations of "inviting" predatory behaviour all their lives. that's such a WTF thing to think, that a woman's body (whether natural or not) has anything to do with a man's decision to act like a predator. only MEN control what MEN do. (unless you believe women are ultimately responsible for negative outcomes and think they should be covering their bodies entirely, in "acceptable" clothes, i don't know what that would be for you, maybe a tent?)
  • angellll12
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    my thoughts are all over the place, re @Francl27

women with bigger chests and bums have had to deal with accusations of "inviting" predatory behaviour all their lives. that's such a WTF thing to think, that a woman's body (whether natural or not) has anything to do with a man's decision to act like a predator. only MEN control what MEN do. (unless you believe women are ultimately responsible for negative outcomes and think they should be covering their bodies entirely, in "acceptable" clothes, i don't know what that would be for you, maybe a tent?)

Amen.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

What the actual... I was naturally, um... gifted... by nature with an hourglass figure. When I was younger and thinner, my natural very large breasts gave me that classic sexualized look. Was this, what I came into through genetics an invitation for someone else's behavior?

HELL NO.

I never dressed in any overt way to invite attention I received, but I got it. I'm not alone in this. Women have been blamed SOOOOO much for the bad behavior of men over the years. It's deplorable.

I ... can't really believe you wrote that.

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

ok.. some people whose shapes vary from the dominant cultural fave actually like their shapes, so they're ok with the fact that there's "nothing they can do about it". they like how they look. they don't want or need pity.

anyone can be body shamed. including women who do surgery or get really into lifting. body shaming is just shaming someone's body.

I think this is being ignored. Amber Rose, KK etc are enhancing their bodies to mirror looks that specific cultures favor. You get that there are black/latina women who are shaped like that without enhancement? Some women are born with massive chests and others purchase them. There are *gasp* women who have naturally large butts. If it's gross/unacceptable on AR, KK that means those women born with it are somehow gross/unacceptable too.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My thought at the beginning of this thread remained exactly the same until the end - unless they're a friend or family member and I'm worried about their physical/mental wellbeing, I really don't care what any other woman wants her body to look like. Or what they think about mine to be honest.
    Of course it's not wise to try and conform to a fad around body shape/size at the detriment of your health or sanity, but all the nitpicking about what's curvy and what isn't, what's attractive, what men like etc. is not worth anybody's time or energy.
    OP if your weight is healthy stay where you're comfortable. If you're in the obese category or it's worsening your health in any way, better to drop a few pounds. If it helps I actually think I got curvier as I lost weight, as my boobs and hips stayed the same whilst I lost fat in other areas and around my middle, but I appreciate I'm a survey sample of 1. If you're naturally voluptuous you probably are not going to change shape drastically through dropping half a stone or whatever.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

What the actual... I was naturally, um... gifted... by nature with an hourglass figure. When I was younger and thinner, my natural very large breasts gave me that classic sexualized look. Was this, what I came into through genetics an invitation for someone else's behavior?

HELL NO.

I never dressed in any overt way to invite attention I received, but I got it. I'm not alone in this. Women have been blamed SOOOOO much for the bad behavior of men over the years. It's deplorable.

I ... can't really believe you wrote that.

All of this.