Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    My cheek bones look amazing and one that scared me was I can feel my heart beat in my stomach. I thought something was wrong but my doctor laughed and said it was normal in smaller people.

THIS ^^^
    I've been led in bed for about a week and could feel some pulsing, and thought something was seriously wrong. :lol:

1) My boots zip up and there's room around them, which is just amazing - 5 months ago, it was uncomfortable to wear them on a daily basis and now I rock them for most of the week (It's supposed to be Spring. It's not Spring in CT yet!)
    2) This is going to sound big headed, but I feel like I'm getting more attention from the opposite sex, and I swear I've even been looked up and down a few times. There's a few guys I've known from before I lost the weight, and they now act very differently around me.
    3) Sleep - I CAN SLEEP FOR EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT WAKING UP CONSTANTLY. And it's fantastic :love:
    4) I'm just so damn happy. I wake up and I feel like dancing, I dance in the shower, I dance when I'm walking placed. I'm smiley and I just feel so good!

I've noticed that I can feel my pulse in my stomach as well and never thought it had anything to do with being smaller. Interesting!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    At work, coworkers who didn't know I was changing my diet and losing weight( though now they see the weight loss) have said to me, "what's goin on, you sound and look do happy". I didn't realize that others saw me like that. That being said, I do feel better
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When I started the year before the last, everyone was laughing at me or at least graciously tapping their foreheads every moment I was logging the one square of chocolate or whatevs, now I've brought so many people to it and in the last 3 months I got serious about cross-fit I brought two new friends on board with me.

TLDR - I've become an inspiration to people - the MOST AMAZING feeling!
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ishii19 wrote: »
    Ok here's a weird one - I sleep in default on my belly - when it was bigger I think it kept my spine in better alignment because now I get low back pain when I wake up! Maybe I need a pillow under me now or just to learn to sleep on my side/back!
    - Small price to pay tho :) I'm gonna think of some more. I'm loving this thread! Keep it up guys!

I hadn't realized that's why I keep getting back pains from being on my stomach - 30 lbs makes a difference, I guess!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options

Lourdesong wrote: »
    Plus-size models for plus clothing stores used to look quite slim to me, like, not actually "plus-sized." And the models for Misses sizes looked unnaturally slim.
    Either the models being used have changed a lot during my near-90 lb weight loss, or my perceptions are what has changed, because Plus-size models now look like quite large ladies to me, and the models for regular sizes look more normal.

Meeeeee too!!!!!!!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've got bones too! Turns out I have weird bones though... one side of my rib cage is normal and the other is like a weird right angle :-/

I've discovered the same exact thing! It's so weird to see how lopsided my body is.
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Having people refer to me as small or petite?!??
    Have you met me? Oh I guess you have. Also actually having the option to wear a 'skinny pant' and not looking like an idiot doing it. Also all of a sudden I feel like I want to wear a dress....sooooo weird for me!
  • infinitysmuse
    infinitysmuse Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im down 20 lbs, 6 months after baby, and the thing i think i love the most is laying on my back with arms over my head and feeling the skin stretch over my ribs. I missed my ribs
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I love all these, and will be shopping for smaller waisted pants this weekend, but I'm a bit worried about this one:
    janisvin wrote: »
    ... Also all of a sudden I feel like I want to wear a dress....sooooo weird for me!
    That may just be toooo weird for me ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I no longer need "big hair" (teasing, bouffants, etc) to balance out my old 34", 29", 44" measurements and hide my face. Today I got a little straight hair cut..no extra fuss. Feels great.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    svetlay wrote: »
    ......I think I'm in a relationship with my fitbit. I'm hungry ALL the time. I can walk in heels for miles. I'm spending more money than ever - everything from food, clothes, sporting gear, training...and I love it. I have only one pair of jeans that fits well and have to replace it every month. I LOVE dressing up. I spend a shameful amount of time feeling how big my leg muscles are getting. My shorts are getting shorter. Oh, and I can see how girls are now intimidated to talk to me.

OMG this could be me! Not exactly intimidated anyone but had a co-worker tiger growl me - with full paw action lol! I was so flattered!!!

I lost it at "full paw action". Busted out laughing. Scared my co-workers and it made my day... lol!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ^ Hahaha, that is so great.
    I love all these, and will be shopping for smaller waisted pants this weekend, but I'm a bit worried about this one:
    janisvin wrote: »
    ... Also all of a sudden I feel like I want to wear a dress....sooooo weird for me!
    That may just be toooo weird for me ;)

Haha, I loved that.
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My lack of understanding of this forum led to some double posting - sorry about that!

Other things I've noticed:
    • How quickly poor eating makes a difference in how I feel - last weekend I ate too much bread (camping trip and no choice, really) and felt bloated for days afterwards
    • The way compliments are phrased - it used to be that my clothes were nice, now it's that I look good in them? Maybe that's just my imagination, though
    • Compliments in general, I'm getting a lot more of them
    • Being seen as a fit person. I'm 19, and have always worked out four or five times a week, but somehow it doesn't really register that you're "one of those people" until you look it too. Now people come to me for advice on different fitness related questions, and actually value my opinion
    • Not freaking out whenever my stomach peaks out from under my t-shirt. It might not be perfect yet, but I'm so more comfortable with it now than I was 14 kg ago, but also than I was last I was at this weight
    • That jeans and trousers can be too big, without it being flattering. I live where I can't really buy new things (in the middle of nowhere) and so I'm stuck with my current jeans until the end of May... Hopefully I'll be down another size by then though, so that my new jeans will fit me longer.
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Although I have not reached my weight loss goal (I'm only a 1/3 of the way there), my progress and efforts inspire others (even those who I think of as fit).

Two nights ago, my husband and I went out with such a couple. At the completion of the meal, I was just happy that I had a delicious dinner and dessert, controlled my portions, and enjoyed my time out with my hubby and dear friends. At dinner, the other couple had spoken of going out to have a (what would have been for them) big breakfast the next morning.

Last night, my husband told me that had spoken to our male friend (who happens to also be the fitter of the couple) and he said that he and his wife had been so impressed with my weight loss progress and how good I looked, that they scaled back that big breakfast and had a much more moderate meal...that I had inspired them to steer back towards their healthier lifestyle.

I was so surprised! That news put a big smile on my face, warmed my heart, and in turn, gave me even more encouragement to keep moving forward.
  • KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your weiner appears bigger lmao! Dr Oz said an inch every 30 lbs but I think it's more like every 42 lbs lmao.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    jj_steele wrote: »
    Although I have not reached my weight loss goal (I'm only a 1/3 of the way there), my progress and efforts inspire others (even those who I think of as fit).

Two nights ago, my husband and I went out with such a couple. At the completion of the meal, I was just happy that I had a delicious dinner and dessert, controlled my portions, and enjoyed my time out with my hubby and dear friends. At dinner, the other couple had spoken of going out to have a (what would have been for them) big breakfast the next morning.

Last night, my husband told me that had spoken to our male friend (who happens to also be the fitter of the couple) and he said that he and his wife had been so impressed with my weight loss progress and how good I looked, that they scaled back that big breakfast and had a much more moderate meal...that I had inspired them to steer back towards their healthier lifestyle.

I was so surprised! That news put a big smile on my face, warmed my heart, and in turn, gave me even more encouragement to keep moving forward.

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story. I felt pretty happy when I visited a former workplace where I sat next to a woman who was very slim and who never exercised (but was generally active), and she proudly told me she was walking twice a week. I started my weight loss at that workplace and went for a walk at lunchtimes. I would always invite those around me to come for a walk, but usually only one person would come with me.
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Jealousy from people who have been naturally slim. I needed to get some new uniform, the old stuff at xxxl was miles too big, so asked another fella who takes a medium jacket could I try his on just to see what the fit was like, I got a lot of, no dont bother itll never fit you at your size, but he did eventually take it off and it fitted bang on. I was amazed as I couldnt see myself as being his stature in a million years but he still couldnt accept it.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    Realizing I weigh less than my husband now :)
    Oh definitely this my hubby tried to give me a piggy back once and collapsed on the floor, now he can sweep me up in his arms
    arditarose wrote: »
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol

Lol Me too! I was like, jeez, is this really supposed to be this difficult???

Same here. I literally cannot successfully shave my arm pits in the shower anymore. I guess people who were always thin figured it out so I will too.

I'm just starting my journey, and the armpit thing is, weirdly, something I think about EVERY time I shave. I have for years. I don't know why I have this weird obsession with having "thin girl" armpits, but I can't wait for that to happen to me!
    I didn't click this to weightloss till reading this, I have to bring my hand into my shoulder and turn my head and keep my elbow pointed in the air, it's a right polava now.
    I just hit 5weeks today, 17-odd pounds down. What I've noticed:

I no longer "leak", I don't even know what muscle is working out to make that happen!

I no longer have to adjust "the girls" throughout the day. They just stay put!

I'm living this thread! It's getting favorited!
    working out stopped leaking for me, probably all the jumping around with Jillian Michaels. And I've just realised the girls do stay put, hadn't noticed I no longer keep putting them back in.

• LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My glasses are too big! ...and my shoes.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My house is cleaner. I have more energy to do things. So I'm picking up more often etc. Instead of sitting on the couch worn out tired.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!