Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am officially all moved out of the apartment I shared with my ex and In my new place. All I WANT to do is cry and eat cookies but I haven't done either. My confession: I am TOO proud of myself for not binging during this breakup. I usually eat my emotions but 51 days strong. Not a single cookie/slice of cheesecake/fried chicken. And been going through this breakup the whole time (: Yay me!!

Stay strong, it will be worth it.
  • carriemariefleming
    carriemariefleming Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I binge eat and don't add calories on here. I do it for a week at a time and sometimes gain 5lbs that I've worked so hard to lose and then I just give up on everything and come back at the same place as I was. I'm not getting anywhere. I'm bored with my exercise. And more bored with dieting. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I just accepted myself as is and not as a better version because I don't actually have so much body fat that I'm overweight or that I'm unhealthy. Am I giving up?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know how many of us in this thread are country western fans (guessing not many) but this thread reminds me of Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. (I am not secret agent orange or I would post a link) we have everything in here from students to teachers to stay at home mom or dads to ph.d's to professionals (not sure about the hookers but I am guessing not) and we are all here to share a common goal of getting fit and feeling like we belong. And no one cares about each other's issues we are just here to share. So in the words of Toby Keith I Love This Thread.

Awesome! Not a huge fan of country but so true!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    clovelyday wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Wait a minute, we can eat potatoes? What other cheat secrets am I missing out on?

@clovelyday You can eat anything you want, as long as it fits in your calories for the day. That's the ONLY secret.

This is not completely true for those who have diabetes, BP or cholesterol issues. Some things should be avoided or limited in this case.

OK, medical issues notwithstanding... ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Today I had a bagel, some rice, and chocolate. Clearly my diet is doomed.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. I went away for a week, and now I'm 1,600 posts behind. I'm jumping to the end.

Confession: I ate like garbage while I was gone. I think I gained back 3 pounds. It could have been worse, I was walking for like 8 hours each day and still gained, imagine if I had just sat on the beach and did nothing!
  • mrdanielpartridge
    Options
    I did ok tracking two weeks in a row and lost 5 pounds. This last week I was really bad at tracking and eating well. I only gained .6 pounds, but I feel really horrible about falling off the wagon. Trying to get back on track today.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Appetite Suppressants

Because, sage advice is sage.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I binge eat and don't add calories on here. I do it for a week at a time and sometimes gain 5lbs that I've worked so hard to lose and then I just give up on everything and come back at the same place as I was. I'm not getting anywhere. I'm bored with my exercise. And more bored with dieting. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I just accepted myself as is and not as a better version because I don't actually have so much body fat that I'm overweight or that I'm unhealthy. Am I giving up?[/

You should accept yourself no matter what, this is a journey to feel and be healthy.
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In-n-Out Double Double, Protein style, with green Chilies... That is all. ummm... except for the Yummy French Fries... Now that is all. >:)
  • krystalmcm
    krystalmcm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gained twelve pounds in a month and a half. That's when I decided it was time to lose weight :(
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    1. I've booked a staycation at a hotel all by myself on wednesday and I plan on really enjoying myself, watching movies, ordering room service, eating chocolate and blowing the calories out of the water and not giving a fck

2. I spend WAY too much time on IG and taking pictures of my food trying to make it look pretty so I can get ALL the likes ahaha

3. I watch WAY too many weight/food/lifestyle related TV shows and I'm embarrassed by it. I just cant get into non reality tv. I hated Game Of Thrones when I tried to watch it, Breaking Bad...ugh, Orange Is The New Black... it was almost ok but lost interest after half a season. I love Louie tho :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Appetite Suppressants

Oh, I laughed loud enough to catch the attention of office neighbors! That's what I was craving...
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)

Susieq_1994, I could never-in-a-million-years have predicted that anyone's similar ventures in the use of 'microscopic' utensils would one day 'beckon' my return to this realm of 'eating in miniature'... ;)

...but, alas, your intriguing comments regarding this devotedly-actioned practice of yours, in incessantly torturing yourself (I mean, savoring :) ) via such a requiring-meditative-calm -based use of itsy bitsy spoon-age -- let alone 'spoonfare' that is associated with a bowl the size of a fingernail on an index finger (insert my understandably-predictable gasp right about here ;) ) -- (and just to be clear, we're talking index finger of an adult human, correct (?), and not that of any other species, I presume (if the scale were to be any smaller than that, I fear that I'd require some form of 'training', in order to eat ;P ))...

And now I find various ingestion-related small-scale whatnot being paraded before my mind's 'eye', such that one would think I'd begun imagining the world existing as though it were straight out of Alice in Wonderland... but it's not so bad, I'm gradually realizing, given the fascinating ways in which eating, creative consumption, and preposterous preparation could otherwise be 'mined' (and could very well render "all things food" far more interesting and entertaining than they already are)... ;)

...of course, the day when I need an Electron Microscope in order to *find* my food, let alone eat it (not to mention 'etch' tiny messages to myself, using single atoms with and on which to 'draw' ;P (heck, I could perhaps 'showcase' the practically-guaranteed 'disasters' of communication at that level, as well, by using disturbingly-expensive optics to 'take pictures' of my 'near- sub-atomic food carving' 'projects', and submit them to (or otherwise create!) a site analogous to cakewrecks.com... and share in its mission...to put on display -- and for all the world to see -- just how many ways food-based design and 'messaging' can go wrong ;) )...

...yeah, when that kind of microscopy equipment ends up being in every home (and perhaps akin to how microwaves ended up taking a while before they 'gained traction', but were ultimately in widespread use), you can bet I'll have practiced diligently enough by then to all but 'turn pro', and take previously impractical (and seemingly mis-applied) 'expertise' (in the use of scientific lab -based equipment, and its subsequently being 're-purposed', for use in creatively miniaturizing edibles in the home, in public establishments, and for use in custom design -based confections and catering) 'to a new level'... ;P

(Am off to locate an eye-dropper, for use in (dribble-drop-)drinking 64oz of water... (it should only take a few hours (and will likely involve risk of developing a repetitive motion injury... but worry not -- I have special gloves I've designed just for this purpose ;P )) ;)

Yes, I meant an adult human fingernail ;)
    (Whew... that's a relief... ;) )

Even *I* draw the line at eating with a spoon the size of a baby's fingernail! How would I taste anything?
    Very, very carefully... ;)

(Oh, and there are some pretty big babies out there... (just sayin' ;) ))

Ooh, do you follow Cake Wrecks?? I've read every single post faithfully since 2009! I love that site! ;)
    That site is a showcase of so much regarding humanity that does the soul good to be 'reminded' of... ;)

Well, that, and the fact that it's a reliable source of giggling-like-a-kid -and- bust-a-gut forms of laughter. :smiley:

...and laughter being what it is, and with forms of "non-fiction 'nonsense'" being one of the ultimate odes to 'the lighter side' of the human race ;), and the site's many 'Exhibit A' forms of 'evidence' that would seemingly provide 'proof' that there is (among so much else) far too much of a 'taking things literally' mindset (<--- if one can call it that at all, given the implication that use of a mind would be involved, which is quite at odds with the 'evidence', what with it supporting the conclusion of an apparent propensity (and for a surprisingly significant number of humans) to suspend all actual thinking and rationale ;P, and when it comes to stranger-to-stranger communications, in particular)... and that there would seem to be some sort of 'plague' affecting a rather large contingent of mankind, whose ability to process 'requests' and 'instructions' have been 'distorted' and rendered highly 'non-functional' ;P (one can only hope that someone at cakewrecks.com has reported these 'facts' to the CDC! :) )...

...yes, the kinds of can-imagine-it-in-theory-and-one-*does*-see-the-fact-that-someone-actually-did-request/-make/-receive/-or-create-'that'-but-one-still-can't-believe-it-actually-happened -type, relatable-yet-'unfathomable' 'deeds' that are 'on display' at cakewrecks.com ;), end up being a special kind of tickles-the-funny-bone-to-its-'marrow' form of 'funny' (as in, the kind for which Depends ought to be a primary sponsor of the site ;P )... :)
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.

Ah but the more incompetent you are with the sticks the longer your food lasts :) that's the beauty of it
    I get frustrated with chopsticks and end up just stabbing the food with one and eating it off the end. Not very sophisticated. My husband gets embarrassed because I always ask for a fork when we go to an Asian restaurant.
    I used a fork to eat soup in a restaurant once :) totally got judged
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @IAmTheGlue
    Love Petunia, she's so cute, what a smile!!

@BZAH10
    Not sure about low carbon, but the vegetarian options are amazing in an Indian, I love tarka dall, which is a lentil dish, and chana masala, which is chickpeas/garbanzo beans (depending what you call them). I'm not vegetarian, but will often get a vegetarian thali as my main, which is a selection of vegetable side dishes.

@pofoster21
    I love country music. It's not very popular here in the UK, although I went to a fantastic country festival last month in London headlined by Luke Bryan and Lady Antebellum.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Appetite Suppressants

Oh boy, that thread title combined with the OP's avatar is just too funny.
  • ccm1912
    ccm1912 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My office always has baked goods, for one reason or another. Whether people bake for office anniversaries, we order cookies for client meetings that end up left over in the kitchen, there's always, always sweets. And i can't not eat them. every time. Every single time. UGH. it's just so tough when people are walking around with baked goods! We also have an ice cream freezer, full of klondike, good humor, ben & jerry's etc.... i don't ever touch it though. So hurray for 1 victory?
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Student: To be honest it's impossibly difficult being at college. I just can't do any homework, I'm too busy, it's impossible.
    Me: You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.

LOVE!!! We are sending our oldest to college in the fall please tell me where you teach so we can send her to you! (She will get all of your Princess Bride Quotes)

Haha I'm in south-west England, so might be a hell of a commute for you, but send her over! :D [/quote]

Confession: She is making my husband and I so crazy sending her an ocean away sounds like an excellent idea some days!!!!!!!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Basically undid all the progress I made all week in 2 days. because you know..

shadow cake and biryani and mango lassi

I had to look up all three of those items. The last two look like they are offered at Indian restaurants only. The cake, too? We only have one Indian restaurant here. I tried it once, but wasn't sure what to order (vegetarian and low carb). Any suggestions from the expert?

For vegetarian dishes I'd start with some Vegetable Samosas [...]

AgentOrangeJuice, vegetable samosas nearly make me weep, I delight in the taste of them so... years ago, during the summer, there was an Indian woman who would bring homemade samosas to a nearby market, and my trips to go and buy (and then savor) a few of them were 'tinged' only by a prelude of my worriedly hoping that some were still left by the time I got there...

...to me, samosas taste like some sort of elusive form of 'the perfect food' (as if any such thing actually existed)... vegetables-including-potatoes, various degrees of spice and sometimes 'currying', encapsulation in a pastry-ish shell, fried or baked (take your pick!), portable, varying degrees of crunch, chew, and quasi-'mush', differing internal 'content', can-be-a-snack-or-populate-an-entire-meal, and never risks being 'Miller Lite controversy' -esque (no "tastes great, less filling" 'dichotomous quandary' fame in the realm of samosas, given that they taste great and can be as filling as you want... :) )

...a "just-like-I-like-'em" samosa is downright swoonworthy to me...