Easter Bunnies Support Group!!!!

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    mary- awesome you're getting a hrm!!! you should find it really useful (well, mine's great!).
    i'm ok when i'm working pm shift (i can make it a priority to exercise in the morning before work and usually before the kids even get up and have breakfast). i have the problem when i'm working in the morning, then going home, making tea, time with kids, and by the time 8pm comes round i'm usually too battered to want to do anything- and it's dark outside which makes me nervous for running. i can suggest maybe trying to work out before work? what do you think of them apples?

tammy- you're doing great with the no smoking thing. it's awesome you've decided to do this. keep occupied with something else. and i'll stop talking about it now!!
  • bonjour24
    Hi all.

there's only 15 days of the May challenge left, until the final weigh in and measurement taking. we've already done 3 weeks- we're past halfway!!! i hope everyone is reaching the goals they are aiming for.

so i reckon we can really push for the last few weeks! i mean, it's 2 weeks. we can crank it up for 2 weeks!! who is with me to really get on top of this and do the last stint in top speed? whatever your goal is, you can get there. if you've already got there, what about setting yourself a new, realistic and achievable goal?

goals should always follow the SMART principle:-

S- specific- be clear with your aim
    M- measurable- there's no point having something you can't measure, how will you know you're improving?
    A- achievable- don't go for something that's too far ahead of your current abilities.
    R- realistic- working out twice a day 7 days a week may be ok for some, but for most it won't work. be logical with your aim.
    T- time measured- give yourself a date to achieve your objective by.

i hope that helps.
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Hodgeypodgy Posts: 45
    Hey Girls, hope you are all doing ok?

Well done Joni for trying to motivate us and getting us to set some goals. I will have a think about what I want mine to be. I know I need motivating because my ability/time to work out just got slashed. Basically someone messed up at work and they weren't here when they should have been meaning that we now can't go take 1 1/2 hour lunch break and go to the gym during work time. So now I shall have to forgo my morning swim and go to the gym after work then instead. I'm pretty peeed off about it.

It's also tom, so all in all not feeling that great. I did get to go for a run today though and just took it really slow and steady as even in the gym it is far too warm. I did 8k in 55 mins so not too bad. I also had a cheeky weigh in and have lost another 2.2lbs. I will still weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed the scales stay the same or get lower.

I was reading the New Rules of Lifting for Women on my Kindle earlier and may start to mix that in with my cardio. It is a really good read but I now just have to get off my behind and put it into practice.

I was also just shocked to see how many calories are in a brazil nut. Perhaps next time I will check before eating. Still good fats and all that!!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    I can't believe how fast this time has gone! I'm thinking that I really will be able to complete this challenge. Sometimes they are hard for me.

Working nights this weekend, so I'm not getting the exercise I want either, but I'm trying to be real dilegent with my eathing. I'm feeling pretty good.

Hodgy, really stinks about your losing your work out time. I wish there was someplace I'd be able to go swimming. I think I would miss that most of all if I was you. Awesome job on your run tho!!

I WILL hit it hard for the next two weeks. I'm going to pull out an exercise tape that I'm sure I have somewhere laying around, and do 20 minutes of that 4 times a week along with my walking. That is something I should be able to do.

Joni, thanks for giving us the extra push! :flowerforyou:

You all have a good rest of the weekend, I will be back on tomorrow night!!
  • mbvenske
    Thanks for the support everyone. Not sure how weigh in will go, but today is already better than yesterday on the nicotine thing.

How are things going Tammy?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Thanks for the support everyone. Not sure how weigh in will go, but today is already better than yesterday on the nicotine thing.

How are things going Tammy?

Going ok. I've had 2 since quitting..so I guess I'm not quite there yet. Today, is a new day. I'm going to beat this.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Hi all.

there's only 15 days of the May challenge left, until the final weigh in and measurement taking. we've already done 3 weeks- we're past halfway!!! i hope everyone is reaching the goals they are aiming for.

so i reckon we can really push for the last few weeks! i mean, it's 2 weeks. we can crank it up for 2 weeks!! who is with me to really get on top of this and do the last stint in top speed? whatever your goal is, you can get there. if you've already got there, what about setting yourself a new, realistic and achievable goal?

goals should always follow the SMART principle:-

S- specific- be clear with your aim
    M- measurable- there's no point having something you can't measure, how will you know you're improving?
    A- achievable- don't go for something that's too far ahead of your current abilities.
    R- realistic- working out twice a day 7 days a week may be ok for some, but for most it won't work. be logical with your aim.
    T- time measured- give yourself a date to achieve your objective by.

i hope that helps.

S- I will get back up to 3 mile walk
    M- I will get do my 3 miles in 45 minutes
    A- Right now I'm only doing 2 miles
    R- Walking 3x's per week
    T- May 29
  • mbvenske
    Where is everyone??? Are we ready for weigh-in? Mine will be this afternoon, since I'm working nights and afternoon is morning for me.

Be strong all!
  • bonjour24
    i'm postponing my weigh in until weds am. it's TOM, i'm all fat and bloaty and just don't want to weigh in till it's gone, iykwim. and i've taken the evening off monitoring my intake. i've been looking after lame hubby, and was so busy i didn't have time to make myself lunch, so bought a pie from a shop. and it was delish!!! but then he wanted me to make something flash for tea, so you know how when you're cooking you end up tasting as much while making it as you eat off your plate at the end? yeah, then i had 3 biscuits and some chocolate. and some ice cream. admittedly i was more conscious about my intake than i was before, and it was by no means a proper binge! but i reckon i went over my cals by about 500 at least!

but........... i did a sneaky measurement take the other day! and i'm pleased. i've lost 6cm around my waist in 3 weeks! that's about 2.5 inches! IN 3 WEEKS!! super! but i'll wait until the end before i post the rest..... unless anyone else fancies having a mid challenge progress check??

so, new week, new renewed passion for the task at hand! tomorrow i'm off to run week 11 day 1 (i think) of c210k- run 30, walk 1, run 25. then back to base for the abs and bum section of my dvd (that i didn't do yesterday as i ran out of time).
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Will post my measurements and weight tonight when I get in from work. I know I've lost though. Also, really need to look at SMART goals because at the mo I don't have any interim goals or idea of how to achieve my long term goal I'm just kinda bumbling along. I think I need to be more strategic about this so any hints would be much appreciated! :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    I have lost a pound this week to be at 198.0 !
  • tammyquinnlmt
    I gained to 252. I figure its well worth it if I suceede at quitting smoking. I am back on track as of yesterday!
  • mbvenske
    Joni - smart attitude, I'll be looking forward to your marks on Wednesday. I can gain 2-3 lbs the day before and 1st day of "TOM". Terrible, and I usually FEEL terrible to. So, I'm with you on that one. (I also cannot get full the day before and EVERYTHING is open game!!)

Kris- great job on the loss.I am proud of you. I am so looking forward to having my 1st number change from a 2 to a 1. Last time I did serious control like this, I got to 201 and platued. Never did make it before I gave up. So no pressure, but your my inspiration!!

Tammy, congrats on the success of no smoking so far. You are doing great. Super on being back on track!! Great feeling isn't it?

Kat-cant' wait to see your marks either!! Your doing so great!.

I'm down to 222.2 which is a 5.8 loss this week!!! Of course I had a gain last week because of my weekend from hell, so I'm am extremely happy to see that!. It means I took care of my bad weekend plus a little extra. Gonna hit it really hard this week, so next Monday weigh in my 2nd number will be a 1. MY MINI GOAL AND I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
  • Hodgeypodgy
    That is amazing Mary. You must be really pleased. Well done.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    I think it is so cool that we have filled up 8 pages and its only 1/2 way through May!
  • bonjour24
    how are we all doing girls?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    I'm tired and dragging butt today. I feel like I'm drugged LOL
  • Hodgeypodgy
    Geeez, I know it's TOM but I am soooooooooooo bloated, I look like I have a football underneath my uniform. I am drinking so much water to try and compensate that I'm constantly in the toilet as well. Someone said it may be all of the lettuce I am eating so I will cut that out tomorrow and see if it helps. Not sure what I will do if it is that as salad and chicken is basically all I am eating.

Today I have eaten far more than I usually do incluuding 2 x Ferrero Rocher and 2 x cookies. I don't think I have gone over my allowance though as I did have a lengthy gym session earlier.

Keep up momentum girls not long now.
  • bonjour24
    claire- i hope you're eating more than that chicken and salad! not that i'm your mum..... but i am a nurse and i can tell you that's not healthy. and let yourself have a treat of chocolate. to have a change in lifestyle, you've got to include the things you enjoy and can indulge in. otherwise what's the point if you're just working your *kitten* off all the time for no intermittent rewards.

and i think it's funny that our cycles are syncing even though we're thousands of miles apart! that is the bond MFP gives to us!!! hahaha

katrob9- i'm good at helping people set goals and get plans together (part of my job!!). if you want you can pm me and we can talk about what you want, and how you can get yourself there in easy bite sized chunks.

mary- awesome week for you, eh! i'm so thrilled for you.

tammy- you're doing great. but if you can find motivation, go for a walk around the block- it will probably freshen you up and make you feel better. if not, give yourself the night off but resolve to pick it back up tomorrow.

AFM- i've just been jogging. 45 mins non stop (ish- was with the dog and had to pick up his poo- bleugh). it was meant to be followed by a 1 minute walk then another 20 mins, but the heavens opened and i just ran to the car!!!! so i did 5 mins warm up walk- 45 run- 1 walk- 10 run. not too shabby, but i'll have to redo it again because it wasn't what i was supposed to do!
    anyway, i'm going to a zumba class tonight!!! first time. i've heard people talk about it and it is being held at a local RSA (like a pub), so i'm going to give it a go. even if i do like it, i can't go often because of my shifts. so i'll go and see what it's like and let you all know :-)

ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF LEFT LADIES....... TIME TO PULL FINGER IF YOU WANT AWESOME RESULTS!!!

I know i'm giving it my all.

i'm going to work on my diet for the next stint- some fruits, heaps of veg and tonnes of H2O.
  • mbvenske
    well, I got my HRM yesterday and wore it during my walks yesterday and today. Pretty clsoe to what MFP has set. But I found I reallly need to work my butt to get my heart rate up. I know thats good, because it means my heart is healthy, but it also means that I haven't been working as hard as I need to to be in the weight loss zone. (almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about!!)

I really pushed myself these last two walks, which means I need to either start running or something to keep my heart rate up. Unless I'm figuring all wrong. I figure it should be in the 105-128 range. I am 47yr (at least I will be tomorrow). I can't run, my arthritic knees can't handle it, anyone have any ideas for a workout that will get my rate up, without having to go to the gym or killing my knees?

Otherwise, I'm doing great. I'm going to work on increasing my time. Right now I am at 4 miles in about 65 minutes, so I'm gonna get that down to 60 min.

Stay strong all, have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.