Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    While I was "home" for 5 days (ran my half marathon in my home town), I ate when and what I wanted and didn't log anything. Weighed the same this morning as before I left. Going to try not logging for a while to see if I can handle maintenance without logging.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I ran into a friend at the grocery store and she was buying the stuff to start on that military diet. I said, "Good luck with that," pretty sarcastically. Now I feel kinda bad cuz she's a big girl and I'm afraid she thought I meant she would fail.
  • plumppork
    plumppork Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like you guys are doing great! I swear I have a voice in my pantry that calls to me every time it knows I bought junk food. And when I answer the pantry door the chips jump out and all I'll say is that I definitely don't only eat one serving! YIKES! I'm trying to do better but to be honest I could live off of chips and cheezies and popcorn. I know popcorn is not bad but I should say I love It with lots of butter!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else ever see a list like this and feel like you have no idea what 90% of those things are? Talk about feeling dumb, but I just sat on my butt for way too long trying to make sense of a similar list.

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

I actually know what all of them are, but call some of them different things. I feel like people call the same moves different names.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    Turkey BLTs. Beyond good. I use Dijonnaise instead of regular mayo. Om nom.

My husband loves Dijonnaise.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I ran into a friend at the grocery store and she was buying the stuff to start on that military diet. I said, "Good luck with that," pretty sarcastically. Now I feel kinda bad cuz she's a big girl and I'm afraid she thought I meant she would fail.

I think any diet that includes regular weiners can't be very good for you...lol
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I hate "motivational/inspirational quotes", especially when they're very trite and/or untrue. On that note, I think "no one will love you until you love yourself" is not only untrue and unhelpful but kind of a poisonous thing to say to someone. Anyway!
    Also, one side of my earbuds broke today and I'm genuinely upset about it.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.

That is very similar to this situation. Although, my friend did know that I planned on this spring or early summer, so I was still within the expected time frame - I had not set a date previously!

What is wrong with people? I just don't understand. I love my friends, and thankfully most of them are married now, but if any of them had eloped I would have been happy as heck. I think weddings are so boring. Don't invite me! I will never be mad.

I don't see the point of doing a huge party/ceremony (and the stress planning everything). I mean, it is for one day! you are going to spend thousands of dollars so family you never see can eat & drink your food and you are stuck w/ the bill (i'm not close w/ a lot of my family hence my not caring if they are there are not). I know this is not for all but I just don't see the point. My dress was a bridesmaids dress I ordered in white. It was simple and light weight (mexico - it was warm) and it was just what i needed. Some people will just never accept that on that one day - it is about you and you only.
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Wow. As if your wedding plans should revolve around your friend's schedule?
    Sorry you're dealing with that.

Thank you. I go back and forth between feeling like I did something wrong and feeling mad that she totally is making it about her.

I felt this way for the longest time too - I felt like I was just a horrible person for not giving in to my friends' wishes & desires and I felt it was their fault that they were mad at me for doing what what I wanted to do for MY wedding. I still struggle with this when dealing with issues with my parents (I am a people pleaser and will often do for others to make them happy rather than do for myself to make me happy) - it makes me sound selfish but it is the truth.

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.

Thanks!! he is so adorable and can be a little *kitten* sometimes but he is my kid... until I have kids.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm an idiot. Resisted ice cream all day even though I really wanted it to save calories for dinner. Ended up having ice cream plus all the other things I ate instead of the ice cream. No deficit for me today.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/
  • oooooKATEooooo
    oooooKATEooooo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to junk food, specifically McD, pizza and sugar.
    I've recently taken steps to remedy this and started seeing a therapist who will get me on a food plan. I have 100# to lose.

Several times in my life I've eaten McD for more than one meal per day.
  • kari_selph
    kari_selph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Serious confession? I probably have both anxiety and depression (to the point where panic attacks happen nightly and I hate every damn thing about myself), but am completely terrified of going to get help. What if the doctor thinks I'm too crazy or something?!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else ever see a list like this and feel like you have no idea what 90% of those things are? Talk about feeling dumb, but I just sat on my butt for way too long trying to make sense of a similar list.

kijd8vrsxj2l.jpg

I know what child's pose is only because it's the stretch I do right after push-ups, I kinda roll into it out of my last one. And I always thought of it as just a nice stretch, although I kinda knew it was a bona fide yoga pose... I had to look it up to see which one it was.

Other than push-ups, planks and donkey kicks, I haven't a clue about the rest.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I hate "motivational/inspirational quotes", especially when they're very trite and/or untrue. On that note, I think "no one will love you until you love yourself" is not only untrue and unhelpful but kind of a poisonous thing to say to someone. Anyway!

I prefer the RuPaul school of motivational speaking, "don't *kitten* it up."
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    kari_selph wrote: »
    Serious confession? I probably have both anxiety and depression (to the point where panic attacks happen nightly and I hate every damn thing about myself), but am completely terrified of going to get help. What if the doctor thinks I'm too crazy or something?!

They won't! Although sometimes it takes a couple of tries to find the right doctor or therapist that you feel comfortable with, but don't let that discourage you. There is relief from what you are dealing with - just ask! You'll feel so much better.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to junk food, specifically McD, pizza and sugar.
    I've recently taken steps to remedy this and started seeing a therapist who will get me on a food plan. I have 100# to lose.

Several times in my life I've eaten McD for more than one meal per day.

So what? You're not the only one; not even the only one on this thread. Just modify your portion sizes, start slowly with the food plan and keep seeing your therapist. Sometimes, looking at the "small" picture instead of the big picture right off the bat helps. Otherwise it can seem too overwhelming. Good luck - you can do it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I prefer the RuPaul school of motivational speaking, "don't *kitten* it up."
    I prefer the Welcome To Night Vale version myself.
    ("Dream the impossible. Live the improbable. Die from the inevitable." "When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is and you can't survive it forever." "The quickest way to your heart: love, passion, sincerity (metaphorical); sharp things (literal)" "Nature will kill you, and then make new things from you." ... I could go on.)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I confess that I had a pretty bad ice cream binge yesterday.

I ate two pints of Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut & a Pint of Jeni's Brown Almond Butter Brittle that I am counting in other days this week.

I also had the rest of my Talenti Egg Nog, Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip, Jeni's Savannah Buttermint, & Jeni's Goat Cheese with Red Cherries that I just plugged in my diary yesterday as my later snack & dinner.

Oh man I miss Jeni's! I went to grad school at OSU and Jeni's ice cream and Hounddogs pizza are things that cannot be replaced outside of Columbus!

We have it in Chicago. Luckily they sell some of them at WF, because I've been trying to go to the one that opened on my street a couple of years ago forever, and there's never not a huge line. Well, to be honest I often forget to look when it's super cold, so there are probably times when there's not a line, but I was walking home on Good Friday this year when it was chilly with an unpleasant wind and thought "hmm, maybe this is a time when Jeni's won't be too crowded" and there STILL was a line out the door. Sigh, I'm dying to try some more of the options there, since the few I've had from WF were amazing.

Brave the line. It's worth it, I promise.