Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I went on a date last night with a man I'd met through a friend of a friend. We went to an Italian place for food before going to watch a mutual friend play a gig with his band. He asked me what I wanted to drink before going up to the bar, and I asked for a pint of beer. When he came back he had a glass of wine for me, which wouldn't have phased me if it was red or white but it was rose which I don't like, so I asked what had happened to the beer, since he had one for himself so obviously it wasn't like they'd run dry.
    His reply was 'oh sorry, I just find it really unattractive when girls behave like boys. Drinking beer, swearing, eating with their hands, it's a massive turn off'.
    He expressed surprise at the end of the night when I didn't sleep with him :D

You should've gotten up, got your own beer, chugged it, slammed the glass down on the table, belched loudly (preferably in his face) and walked away.

ETA: And throw in a "f*** yeah" after the belch.

But.... I'm single, so I dunno, maybe don't take my dating advice ;)

Are you sure that you aren't really a super hero?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Both of my children have a first name that begins with the letter "r". I'm sure it's annoying to others. (Idgaf)

Also, both names are super old timey.

I love old timey names! One of my friends just had a baby and named her Hazel. So cute. My name begins with an "R" and is biblical old timey! :)

@overlook237 Is it Rahab or Ruth?!

I read that as Rehab and was like "WHAT", second look I realise it's not. Never heard of that name, but it's better than Rehab.

Rahab was a prostitute ;)

They tried to make me go to Rahab would be a totally different song.

That's hilarious.

I know three women named Rahab or Rehab--probably a transliteration difference, but the same name. It's pretty common in Arabic.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Leggings are NOT pants. That is all. :#
    yoga pants are. they have the word "pants" right in the name.

Yoga pants, yes, leggings and tights, NO!!!

This!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went out for a meal with the bf and his friend, there was a really nice hoppy pale ale on the bar and I wanted a couple of pints of it, so instead of a pie or meatballs and mash I ordered a bread basket for one and a pesto dip. A couple of slices of sundried tomato bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, pesto dip... Pretty decadent, but the trade off still gave me those extra beer calories. Feel slightly hungover today though. Stupid woman!
  • azulvioleta6
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

That's an average of one per state...so it doesn't seem likely that most people would come into contact with a serial killer at all. I guess if you include connections that we have to victims, survivors, family members of killers, etc. there are many more links.

I would find that number more plausible if the definition were extended to other kinds of mass/multiple murderers. I have casual connections to three--two family killers (one male, one female) and one person who killed his parents (the father was my colleague) and then committed a school shooting. Actually, if you count political killings as a form mass murder, I have a fourth connection.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    !!!777th Post!!!

Yeah I'm not going to say who I like or don't like, this is a judgement free area, THIS IS THE PLANET FITNESS OF FORUM DISCUSSION, I don't want anyone to feel like they can't say something because me of all people don't approve of them, especially you, you know who you are ::glare::

Someone accused me of belonging to Planet Fitness on a thread about gym etiquette. I'm still slightly miffed about that. My gym costs MANY times more per month than a Planet Fitness. I am fancy, dammit!

Um...why would anybody care if you approve?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

That's an average of one per state...so it doesn't seem likely that most people would come into contact with a serial killer at all. I guess if you include connections that we have to victims, survivors, family members of killers, etc. there are many more links.

I would find that number more plausible if the definition were extended to other kinds of mass/multiple murderers. I have casual connections to three--two family killers (one male, one female) and one person who killed his parents (the father was my colleague) and then committed a school shooting. Actually, if you count political killings as a form mass murder, I have a fourth connection.

I think you've somewhat undone your own initial argument there, as casual connections is a lot more than just contact. I think the initial point was 6 in a lifetime, I'm not sure if that's a US average, but if there's 50 active at one time, across a lifetime of maybe 75 years, that increases the odds straight away. And then, if by contact it is as I understood it you might serve them in a shop, stand behind them in a bus queue, give directions etc then think how many times that happens with different people to an average person each day. You wouldn't even know you'd come into contact with them. So on your basis, with your 4 casual connections, I would say that if you know there are actual connections, and there are currently 4, then if you extended the definition it'd far exceed 6 over your lifetime.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

Here's a friendly angel for you. I found her in a hidden corner of a pioneer cemetery on a walk today.

g59v8mrddzhe.jpg
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    HA! For Mother's Day, I asked to go camping. Now my hubby HAS to take me. Win! (And I already booked the camping spot... >:) )

So are you going "glamping"? Or actual sleep in a tent, cook over a fire camping? I grew up with the latter. We LOVED camping as kids! Play in the woods and creeks all day, help cook food over an open fire, sleep in sleeping bags in a tent. When I got older I realized what a load of work that was for my mom and all the other moms there. Camping should be fun; not work. We did cabin camping when our kids were young. I was a much more lazy mom I guess. But, the kids had fun and no one got eaten by a bear.

I booked a cabin at a KOA campground because we don't own a tent. But the cabin is basically just beds. No kitchen, no bathroom, so it should be pretty close to real camping other than not having to sleep on the hard, lumpy, rocky ground. :p

A cabin with no amenities? Interesting. Camp fire cooking, then? Out house? Sounds pretty much like roughing it, to me. Have fun!

Kamping Kabins? Those are great and pretty reasonably priced. The ones that I have stayed in have always been near a larger building with bathrooms and showers.

It's not like roughing it at all, but still fun.

Some campgrounds in my state have yurts--similar setup, but nicer. They have beds, electricity and a fire ring outside. You have to bring your own bedding, but it involves much less equipment than tent camping. They are great if you are traveling with kids or on a road trip. I also like them if I am traveling alone--sleeping in a tent by yourself can feel kind of risky.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

Me too, except that I am older!

Actually, I kind of gave up on it around the time they revealed who A was...and then it just got silly.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Confession: I'm at work, on MFP forums with my work pc, and watching Hulu on my tablet. 2 hours to go, that should get me all caught up on Backstrom.

2nd Confession: I haven't been called for the job I applied for last week, but it's still posted online so they're probably waiting until it closes, but why wouldn't they want to get a head start on interviewing me? Aside from my hulu watching on a friday afternoon, I'm very good at what I do.

Backstrom looked entertaining, but I never got around to watching or DVRing. Worth watching, OJ?

It came on really strong at the beginning, but it's mellowed out a lot and is pretty entertaining.

The first couple of episodes pissed me off because they REALLY messed up the fake Portland that they were trying to create. It was so obvious that they were filming in Vancouver, BC. Portland is all about the bridges--you can't just add other, random bridges to scenes and expect them to be plausible at all. There were 20 other bad editing/staging details. The whole thing about Backstrom living on some sort of old (tug)boat doesn't make sense. There is no place in downtown Portland where you could do that.

I do like the show now. The storylines and acting are good and they've done a better job with backdrop in later episodes. They should probably stop filming at BC landmark buildings though, like the library...it's a pretty obviously Canada.
  • kmcampbell893
    kmcampbell893 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can control myself with just about any food with the exception of starbursts...I will without even realising it, eat a whole sharing bag by myself and then feel totally guilty but want more at the same time...I now only buy them when I have friends around and force feed them starbursts so I don't eat the whole bag
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

I'm replying because this made me sad. No invisible posting for you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I live in Columbus!! Went to University of Dayton though and not OSU..but partied hard there quite a lot through high school and college :) OH-IO!! Oh and I'm actually having Jeni's tonight!

Totally behind on this, but I dated at guy that was going to UD at the time so I was there all the time. I went to a tiny college in the middle of nowhere NE Ohio so it was crazy going to visit him there. You're from Kettering right (am I remembering correctly from earlier)? We swam against them in high school and always lost.

My confession for today: I had my first job interview in 7+ years after 3 years as a stay at home mom and it has made me such an anxious wreck I'm sitting with a big glass of wine still trying to calm down hours later.

Yes I am! But I went to Alter, I think you're talking about Kettering Fairmont high school. So crazy what a small world it is!

I'm sure your interview went well! A glass of wine is a nice reward :)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I was at the dentist this morning getting a teeny little filling, and I confess I felt like a hero for not having a little weep when they injected the anesthetic. Go ME!
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    the latest:

-My weight has fluctuated a lot the past few days. I know it is normal to fluctuate day to day with water weight. All along it has fluctuated a few pounds here and there and I never let it bother me. But when it goes up 13, down 8, up 3 - all for now apparent reason.... yeah it starts to mess with your head.

-I'm originally from Ohio and went to OSU...it always blows peoples minds that I don't care about Ohio State football or any sports for that matter. I think it is a colossal waste of time. It is sad how many people derive their sense of identity from a sports team. Not that pro or college sports are inherently bad but people obsess over it way too much. If only people were as concerned about their own life and accomplishments...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    the latest:

-My weight has fluctuated a lot the past few days. I know it is normal to fluctuate day to day with water weight. All along it has fluctuated a few pounds here and there and I never let it bother me. But when it goes up 13, down 8, up 3 - all for now apparent reason.... yeah it starts to mess with your head.

-I'm originally from Ohio and went to OSU...it always blows peoples minds that I don't care about Ohio State football or any sports for that matter. I think it is a colossal waste of time. It is sad how many people derive their sense of identity from a sports team. Not that pro or college sports are inherently bad but people obsess over it way too much. If only people were as concerned about their own life and accomplishments...

Totally understand what you mean about OSU, particularly basketball and of course their football team BUT on the flipside it's so hard not to get caught up in it when you live in the heart of where all the fun festivities take place!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Today is one of those days when I'm so much over I'm not even logging what I'm eating anymore and just adding quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had two bowls of ice cream tonight.

At least we're rocking the Gelato cleanse:D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I've finished reading this entire post and wondering which confession I should start with ;)

Ever since I was 10 or 11 I've been a binge eater. I remember babysitting and being in heaven because of the food the people kept for their kids. I would eat an entire package of dunkaroos, a box of pudding cups, a box of fruit snacks. I'd bury the evidence in the garbage can. Sometimes, even now, when I've overate, I find myself burying things in the garbage can due to shame and embarrassment.

I still hold a lot of anger towards a local personal trainer who wouldn't listen to me during my very first training session. She kept yelling at me to go faster and go harder even though I was a bit dizzy and out of breath. She just kept saying i was fine. Five minutes later I blacked out and ended up on the gym floor. She blamed it on my nutrition and nothing to do with her training. I haven't been able to step foot in the gym (only one in town)since even though I bought a 10 punch pass. Just the thought of going makes me anxious.

Man I wish stores still sold Dunkaroos.

I sometimes also hide the packages of food I have overate out of guilt.